Carnival has responded to my letter

cdnprincess

Just an update. I was one of 17 passengers left at the pier as Sensation sailed away because the Carnival Reps (and this has been confirmed) waited for a few late passengers and we arrived 10 min late at the pier. Anyway, the investigation is over and they have given me a full refund as well as a 3-day paid cruise. That was really nice. All I asked for is a refund, but the free cruise was a bonus. I had gotten in contact with another passenger and we were working together. She just emailed me and was offered the same. I have learned so much on this site, and when I choose to go on a cruise again I will definately get my info from here.

Thanks

Dee

Just an update. I was one of 17 passengers left at the pier as Sensation sailed away because the Carnival Reps (and this has been confirmed) waited for a few late passengers and we arrived 10 min late at the pier. Anyway, the investigation is over and they have given me a full refund as well as a 3-day paid cruise. That was really nice. All I asked for is a refund, but the free cruise was a bonus. I had gotten in contact with another passenger and we were working together. She just emailed me and was offered the same. I have learned so much on this site, and when I choose to go on a cruise again I will definately get my info from here.

Thanks

Dee

Hi Dee, thats so cool that Carnival was able to step up to the plate and handle business, Im sure there were a few people that probably lost their job due to making a messed up decision about when to leave for the ship.

Lessons learned to both you and Carnival and all of us here at Cruise Critic, I know now to just jump on a cab and head out on our own if the bus is late.

Fred

Guest YesitDonna

I'm glad to hear it worked out and that you can take a 3 night cruise and relax from the stress of it all. FLY DOWN THE DAY BEFORE AND SLEEP AT THE PIER! LOL :eek:

Thanks for posting your good news;) Nice to know Carnival looked after you, and hope you enjoy your free cruise. I've never used a cruise line's transfers from the airport to the ship before, but if I ever do, I have learned from your posts that being aggressively proactive just may get me to the ship on time.

I remember reading your post, and I'm very glad it worked out for you, congratulations! They should have made it up to you guys, and I'm glad they did. Hopefully, something this unfortunate won't happen again any time soon, glad to hear it worked out in a positive way for you. Bad experience for you, but good lesson for the rest of us here. Enjoy your free cruise:)

Thanks

Dee

Congratulations on getting a positive resolution. Glad CCL came to their senses and stepped up to the plate.:)

Bill

That is so great. Im glad they took care of you, that was a bunch of BS in my opinion. Im also glad the people who didnt believe you when you 1st posted will see that things like this can happen

Let us know about your future cruise so I can avoid it :D Just kidding, Just get there a day early so you can relax!

Dee,

I'm glad you posted your update and that Carnival made it right.

After reading your story, I told my husband that maybe we shouldn't have booked a carnival transport. I'm sure we will be fine but it makes a person nervous. We are going a distance too. We will be going from Ft Lauderadale to Miami. The difference is we are coming in the evening before, staying at an airport hotel, then go to the airport in the am and catch the bus so we should be on the first bus down to Miami. Anyway, that is how I see it it my dreams!

Luanne

Thanks

Dee

Yup I remember this story. So glad to hear that you received your refund. I'm glad you didn't listen to people who felt you wouldn't receive any compensation. Never hurts to try, never. Hope your going to be cruising again soon. Lata!

Archived