Inside Room -- will I hate it?

cbpanda

I am another cruiser who likes inside cabins. I agree with those who say set an alarm. It does feel like the middle of the night when you wake up. I really slept great on my 1st cruise in an inside. I would also like to say thanks for the idea of turning the tv on to the web cam in the morning. I will try that on my next cruise. As others have said an inside cabin is better than staying home.

NavySis

I have had a balcony cabin twice and I booked a mini suite for my cruise to Hawaii on April 26th. I did book an inside for the 2 day costal this September from Vancouver to SF. I figure for the 2 nights I would take the cheaper route. I will try the the TV ship cam in the mornings. I figure it will make me get up and out of the cabin earlier.

Irish

What a great thread! We have always had a window or balcony. I have been watching a cruise auction and pondering weather we would really care for an inside. This heped me decide. We will go for it.! :p

If I ever book an inside cabin again my DH will divorce me. He said it felt like being in prison!

We love opening up the doors to the balcony at nite (that's why we don't book a forward balcony) and listening to the waves and admiring the moon with that soft breeze blowing in.

Don't kid yourself, we all spend more time in our cabins then we think we do. It's great when you are getting ready for the day or the evening that one person can tie up the bathroom and another can enjoy a few peaceful moments on the balcony reading the Patter and planning activities. Besides, early morning coffee and croissants are blissful on your balcony while watching the sun rise, and you don't have to get our of your PJs. Also, after being on a ship for several days we look forward to a little "alone" time away from the crowds while still enjoying the sun and warmth.

We have only sailed twice before and had an inside cabin each time. We didn't spend much time in our cabin, and used the lounges and deck if we were on the ship.

This year we are going on a back to back cruise on Caribbean Princess and will have our first balcony. :D We can't wait!

Obviously, it's lovely to have a balcony (would be lovely to have a suite!), but an inside cabin is great too. It means that you have more money to go on shore exucrsions! :D Just pretend that your curtains are drawn! ;) I agree that a torch (flash light) is a good idea in case you want to get up in the night.

Have a great cruise! :)

We have a slightly different take on things....very much like having a house built. We have a budget for the entire trip and break down different elements deciding with each which of the several options to pick.It is clear to us we cannot have it all...it is easy enough to get an outside cabin but something else will have to offset it...economy class airfare, or no shopping in Venice or whatever.Inevitably we splurge on outside activities...such as tours and food on land and economise on cabin size and type. Different strokes....

Paparam

Hello Everyone,

Pat & Les here from the UK, We are on the sea princess 2nd June i/side cabin dolphin deck cat j d333 cabin, anyone been on her wondering if this area of the ship is ok, This is only our second cruise and the first with princess,we are really looking forward to it any tips about life on board would be grately appreciated.

Thanks Les & Pat

Happy hols everyone.

Les and Pat...the inside cabins on the Sea Princess are identical to the Sun Princess. Here is a link to a discussion about what you can expect in your cabin:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=500228

As for cruising tips, check the sticky at the top of the Princess forum, and just generally read the Princess forum...there is lots of great information for you here. Have a great cruise!

Archived