Residency Rates

If a residency rate is offered for a particular cruise, will the cruise show up on the RCCL website as a "hot deal"? I noticed this was the case for 1 cruise I looked up, but didn't know if it would always be the case.

I have a residency rate for my cruise in June. When you go through pricing your cruise, you put in your state. On the next screen, when it shows the cat's that are available, there will be 2 prices offered for that category if their is a residency rate for your state, choose the lower rate and move on to pick cabins.

And when residency rates do take effect, you will not be automatically credited. You will need to call to get the price drop. I have a couple of reservations for this June on the Monarch. They were reserved last year while on board. The price has stayed the same until just this week (when final payment is due). The price dropped and certain categories have a residency rate and/or a senior discount. On my room I saved $60 through a price drop and on the other room we saved $210 as a senior discount was offered. I just called RCI and they credited me the difference. Gotta love it!

The residency (not like Residencsea) rates on RCL appear to be last minute discounts, as do over 55 years old and military rates. Being 60 years of age and ex-military, I guess I'm eligible (twice). Will they allow me to double dip? Looks like RCL only makes these rates available when a certain cruise has excess vacancies. Hey, business wise, that makes sense. And, also as a shareholder (I''m wearing many hats here), good business. Can I triple dip? Hey, RCL, what kinda deal can a Platinum (very soon Diamond), shareholder, ex-military with being 60 years old get? Oh, by the way, any Maryland resident $$ off?

Thanks, all. Hope to sea you soon.

Rick and Deirdra

It doesn't always show on the RCCL website. I found the one on the cruise I'm booked on by looking at the travelocity site, but it doesn't show on RCCL. I called to confirm it, all called my TA and she got me credited with the difference. It still doesn't show a residency for my state on RCCL.

Archived