Can I listen to Music on my Balcony?

Ceece911

Zbar, you have to be somewhat creative with the antenna, on our aft wrap on the Legend it wasn't a problem because of the slant of the back of the ship. I just took a couple of pieces of duct tape and secured it to the rail. If you don't have a balcony you are out of luck.

Yes we have a balcony, but now I know why duck tape is a must have :D

Inconsiderate in my opinion. What about the balconies above and below?

I didn't pay for a balcony to have to listen to anyones music. I want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the sea. Want music, go to the lounge or disco. If you were next to me, the ship's staff would be paying you a visit. That's what earphones are for.

Inconsiderate in my opinion. What about the balconies above and below?

I didn't pay for a balcony to have to listen to anyones music. I want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the sea. Want music, go to the lounge or disco. If you were next to me, the ship's staff would be paying you a visit. That's what earphones are for.

They are on the Fantasy, there are no balconies above or below.

I'm on the same cruise and am also in a Cat 12. Personally, I wouldn't mind the music some times and in moderation - however I do have kids and wouldn't want obscene lyrics blaring into our room.. and I am paying for a 12 so that I can sit on the balcony and look out on the water in peace and quiet and relax. If you were blaring music out there I probably would get offended. While luckily I'm way down from you - :) If I hear music I'll know where its coming from.:rolleyes:

Another point, I don't know if you've had a 12 before but you can often hear the music from the Lido deck. We had U74 last time and we could hear the live band playing.

I recognize your right to listen to music out there - but like all things you aren't the only one who has paid for their vacation and your rights only exist until they infringe upon someone else's. Carnival shouldn't have to make rules to prevent people from being rude to their neighbor. It's kinda common sense. :rolleyes:

And the peanut gallery is heard from... Predictable.

Excuse me? I thought it was a very reasonable response and not said with any malice whatsoever. I've been around here a long time and I don't remember you. Peanut gallery! That's a good one. :D BTW, if you're going to St. Thomas, the name of the mall is Havensight.

I want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the sea.>>>

me too. but I'll turn on music to drown out your conversation with your partner

while you are sitting there talking loudly on your balcony and disturbing my peace and quiet.

Heck yeah bring your music.....We do it all the time and never had a problem. Most people you meet on vacation(unlike some on these boards) are very friendly......because they are on vacation. It even broke the ice between us and our neighbors a few times. They enjoyed it too.....

Just because a person want to enjoy a little quiet time on their balcony doesn't mean they aren't friendly...it just simply means they want to enjoy their balcony quietly. I'm really a fun loving go with the flow kind of person so I'm sure my cruise wouldn't be ruined by someone elses music. However, if I choose to have a balcony I should be able to have some quiet time while I'm out there. Which is why I stated in an earlier post that if one chooses to listen to music on their balcony just to be considerate of their neighbors.

We play music on our balcony all the time, until one of our neighbors comes out on their balcony, then we turn it off or down very, very low. We also play music in the cabin, while getting ready for dinner, etc...

Play your music, enjoy it, if your neighbors come out either ask them if it bothers them (in other words, get their permission to play it if it's loud enough that they can hear it), or turn it off until you are alone again. You'll know if people are above you, you can hear them as well, or below. :) The people on here that say it's inconsiderate won't be next to you anyway, you really only need to worry about the ones that actually ARE next to you.

Just think how you would feel if the people next to you had crying kids out there, or played strange music that got on your nerves, and be sensitive to that.

"We play music on our balcony all the time, until one of our neighbors comes out on their balcony, then we turn it off or down very, very low. We also play music in the cabin, while getting ready for dinner, etc..."

....Have to have my music here, and there, everywhere all the time.... I don't understand why people can't go through life without constant music playing or an ipod plugged into their ears. Playing your music outside, within a few feet of a neighboring cabin is inconsiderate, plain and simple. So is loud talking and kids crying. Next you'll probably want to haul your speakers up to the pool beside your chaise.

The mere point of someone asking this question means that maybe they know they shouldn't be doing it?

Another point, I don't know if you've had a 12 before but you can often hear the music from the Lido deck. We had U74 last time and we could hear the live band playing.

No, I have never had a cat 12 before so I didn't know this. That is cool that I will be able to hear the Lido music from the balcony. I can't wait.

Heck yeah bring your music.....We do it all the time and never had a problem. Most people you meet on vacation(unlike some on these boards) are very friendly......because they are on vacation. It even broke the ice between us and our neighbors a few times. They enjoyed it too.....

This is probably my favorite response. :D

Wouldn't it be great if everyone just allowed COMMON SENSE to guide them with some of these decisions?

The only CATCH to that - people have different definitions of COMMON SENSE...:eek: :D

Tom

This board gives great information, but I don't post on it much because my views are completely different from most and I don't want everything I post to turn into arguments. You do not want to know my common sense answer to this question. At home I am one of those neighbors from hell with the loud music who just waits for someone to say something, but they don't because they do the same thing, and it doesn't bother me. Little things don't bother me. I wanted to know what other people thought so I can be a little considerate, at least on my vacation.

In the Carnival Welcome Aboard booklet it says that CD, IPODS etc are allowed "with earplugs"! I love music, but you can't have Country music playing loud on one balcony while the one next to it is playing Jazz and the pool band is playing "HOT HOT HOT"

Just respect your fellow passengers. If your balcony neighbors can hear your music, on their balcony, it is too loud.

Save the loud music for the beach! :)

This board gives great information, but I don't post on it much because my views are completely different from most and I don't want everything I post to turn into arguments. You do not want to know my common sense answer to this question.

I with ya on this.....I just wish I had enough self control like you to not post my views LOL!

You go and have a great time on your cruise and play a song for me:D

I'm sure the OP would be considerate and keep in mind those around them. Especially if they saw children/families and had some off center lyrics. Why else would they ask for advice?

Go on vacation, have fun. Everyone does! Just remember everyone likes different music. Having been on a few cruises - I know that I didn't spend that much time on my balcony anway - LOTS to do! and when I was on my balcony - I was pretty much alone not noticing anyone too near hanging out also so it usually isn't that big of a deal. Of course, someone else will probably beg to differ - and to them I hope their cruise wasn't ruined by someone else on their balcony playing loud music or yelling at their kids, etc.

Happy cruising!!

This board gives great information, but I don't post on it much because my views are completely different from most and I don't want everything I post to turn into arguments. You do not want to know my common sense answer to this question. At home I am one of those neighbors from hell with the loud music who just waits for someone to say something, but they don't because they do the same thing, and it doesn't bother me. Little things don't bother me. I wanted to know what other people thought so I can be a little considerate, at least on my vacation.

Come on, Ceece, you must have known that, along with the helpful informative-type replies, you would also be getting these two kinds of responses, either (a) "How could you even THINK of doing such a thing,, when you know it would absolutely RUIN my vacation," or (b) "Since you clearly have no common sense, I will remind you that you should be considerate of other people, and by the way, brush your teeth after every meal, because I know better than you what you should be doing."

I swear, sometimes I think this must be a HAL board, with all the grumpies and pooh-poohers... no wait, I take that back - some of the HAL cruisers I have met, even though of a certain age, are a lot more fun than some of the most frequent posters here. At least no one over on their board actually goes back into my past posts, just to look for spelling errors, so they can point them out here. Thank goodness for the Ignore button...

But from actual past experience, and you can use this information in any way you like - Lecture Free! - I have always had a balcony, have always heard music from other balconies at least occasionally while out on mine, have even played my own tunes occasionally, using small computer-type speakers with a CD player, and guess what? It has never caused a problem, receiving or transmitting. Who'd a thunk it?

Have a blast on your Carnival cruise - they are indeed the Fun Ships.

"I recognize your right to listen to music out there.."

Nope, isn't your right, the cruise line owns the balcony that you are renting. They have the rules in place because some people have no consideration for others.

The music doesn't bother me, as I just go back inside the cabin if it's something I don't want to hear. I just don't like late night noise. My suggestion is to not play it too late, which I think most people know anyway.

The only thing I've seen on a cruise balcony was the neighbor who smoked his Cuban cigars several times a day out there. It seemed like the wind blew the smell right into our balcony. I guess he was trying to smoke his supply before returning to the states..LOL

You can bet that I will be on the phone to the purser if people are being too loud or rowdy on their balcony (or in their cabin) for any extended period of time and it is impacting my cruise experience.

I take the anonymous approach, as I prefer not to have other potential PROBLEMS with our "neighbors".

Unrelated to music.. but...:

There was a situation on the Sensation in February where the Cat 12 (next door to us) had a couple of foul-mouthed drunk 20 something guys BANGING on the door DEMANDING that the "Bit#&" let them in (from what I could gather, their cabin was on another deck). That was a RUDE awakening for us! I called and asked for security, as I did not want to throw gasoline on that fire by opening my door and confronting them...:eek: They left after a few minutes, security did not show (at least prior to their departure). :rolleyes:

Those PEEP HOLES in the doors don't work very well at right angles! :D

Tom

Guest kookylabooka
It wouldn't be a vacation without sitting around listening to "my music" on the iPod. I prefer to use earbuds too on the balcony and when lounging in the public areas. We use our speakers inside the cabin.

November I will have a balcony for the first time and look forward to the "sounds of the sea" while out there.Sure hope I have neighbors like you !

Archived