Can I listen to Music on my Balcony?

Ceece911

I have a Cat. 12 on the Fantasy next month and was wondering if I can bring a small CD player to listen to music while I am on my balcony. I know that only headphones are allowed on the public decks, but what about the balconies. There is one balcony on the left side on us, so I don't want the neighbors to hate me, but will that mean that Carnival will not allow me to have the CD player.

I have a Cat. 12 on the Fantasy next month and was wondering if I can bring a small CD player to listen to music while I am on my balcony. I know that only headphones are allowed on the public decks, but what about the balconies. There is one balcony on the left side on us, so I don't want the neighbors to hate me, but will that mean that Carnival will not allow me to have the CD player.

I brought my Ipod and earbuds. Just don't do what I did-i sat on the balcony one night listening to music, and then went to bed and left my ipod in the chair! It got stormy that night and when i went outside the next morning I saw it in the chair, it was sitting in about 1/2 inch of water! Luckily it still worked!

I brought my Ipod and earbuds. Just don't do what I did-i sat on the balcony one night listening to music, and then went to bed and left my ipod in the chair! It got stormy that night and when i went outside the next morning I saw it in the chair, it was sitting in about 1/2 inch of water! Luckily it still worked!

I think I would cry if I did that! I can't believe it still worked! :eek:

Sure...just be polite and bring lots of boat music......

Oh...and share a bucket of beers with your nieghbor.......:D

Well, I am going to step out on my own here and say I could only put up with "Island Music" if you were my neighbor.

I wouldn't want to hear any Gangsta Rap, or Tim and Faith, or Ozzy. I think it is heading towards rude to perhaps spoil the balcony time for those around you simply beacuse you do not want to wear your headphones/buds.

If you choose to listen to music on your balcony without using ear buds, please be considerate of your neighbors and keep the volume turned down enough not to disturb your neighbors. Once upon a time it was no big deal to ask someone if they could turn their music down but the way a lot of people are now days (the ones with the it’s my vacation and I can to what I want to do mentality), I would be a little leery of asking someone to turn their music down. The reason being if they’re not considerate enough to keep the music at a level as not to disturb anyone or use ear buds to start with, they may take offense to being asked to adjust the volume. Personally, I don’t feel I should be put in a position to have to ask someone to adjust their music volume. The best thing to do is just to make sure you’re considerate of your neighbors and not put them in a position to feel the need to come to you.

We play "smooth jazz" on the balcony - and that is not something which needs to be turned up LOUD to enjoy. :D

I even asked the people next to us if it bothered them (when I saw them in the halls) - they said "no, it sounds great"!

Tom

If you choose to listen to music on your balcony without using ear buds, please be considerate of your neighbors and keep the volume turned down enough not to disturb your neighbors. Once upon a time it was no big deal to ask someone if they could turn their music down but the way a lot of people are now days (the ones with the it’s my vacation and I can to what I want to do mentality), I would be a little leery of asking someone to turn their music down. The reason being if they’re not considerate enough to keep the music at a level as not to disturb anyone or use ear buds to start with, they may take offense to being asked to adjust the volume. Personally, I don’t feel I should be put in a position to have to ask someone to adjust their music volume. The best thing to do is just to make sure you’re considerate of your neighbors and not put them in a position to feel the need to come to you.

Good post! It's fine to listen to your music on your balcony, just be considerate of others in case they aren't the type to ask you to turn down your music.

:eek: Good for you that it still worked. :)

I am kind of on the fence with this. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but it is my vacation and I feel that if it is not against Carnival regulations, I should be able to listen to my music.

Well, I am going to step out on my own here and say I could only put up with "Island Music" if you were my neighbor.

I wouldn't want to hear any Gangster Rap, or Tim and Faith, or Ozzy. I think it is heading towards rude to perhaps spoil the balcony time for those around you simply because you do not want to wear your headphones/buds.

And this is the main problem I have. Most of the music I listen to is the Hip Hop/Rap, but not necessary gangster rap. I am an accountant and DH is a teacher. We are young (24 & 25), but we try to act civilized. That is just the kind of music we like. Maybe I will just stick with headphones. :cool:

Thanks for everyones response. You guys and gals are very helpful. :)

CeeCee, yes, it's your vacation, but you aren't alone on the ship. It's everyone's vacation and we should be considerate of those others. You seem like you're responsible and old enough to know the difference between enjoying your vacation and being a problem to others. I'm sure you'll do just fine with a little cooperation between you and those around you.

we are bringing our sirius radio too. I actually am finding the blue collar comedy channel hilarious :D and will be listening to that.

then some margharitaville, elvis and whatever else I feel like listening to. I enjoy the comedy channels tho, redneck humor is so silly that I get a really good laugh out of it.

sort of crazy for a nyc girl to be enjoying larry the cable guy - GIT-R-DONE :p

We play "smooth jazz" on the balcony - and that is not something which needs to be turned up LOUD to enjoy. :D

I even asked the people next to us if it bothered them (when I saw them in the halls) - they said "no, it sounds great"!

Tom

This sounds like the perfect solution. If your neighbors don't mind (and I think you should ask them, rather than expecting them to tell you if it bothers them), then all is good.

:eek: Good for you that it still worked. :)

I am kind of on the fence with this. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable, but it is my vacation and I feel that if it is not against Carnival regulations, I should be able to listen to my music.

And this is the main problem I have. Most of the music I listen to is the Hip Hop/Rap, but not necessary gangster rap. I am an accountant and DH is a teacher. We are young (24 & 25), but we try to act civilized. That is just the kind of music we like. Maybe I will just stick with headphones. :cool:

Thanks for everyones response. You guys and gals are very helpful. :)

Sticking with headphones sounds like a great idea. Personally, I cannot abide rap/hip hop. Absolutely hate it. So, with that being said, if I were next door to you and that is what I heard playing, I would not being enjoying my balcony because I'm not the type of person who is comfortable asking someone else not to invade my "listening space". I won't make you listen to Yanni if you promise not to make me listen to rap/hip hop. Deal? :D

CeeCee, yes, it's your vacation, but you aren't alone on the ship. It's everyone's vacation and we should be considerate of those others. You seem like you're responsible and old enough to know the difference between enjoying your vacation and being a problem to others. I'm sure you'll do just fine with a little cooperation between you and those around you.

And the peanut gallery is heard from... Predictable.

And the peanut gallery is heard from... Predictable.

And what does this mean. I think his post captures the entire crux of the issue. The cabin is for speakers, and if you can hear it on the balcony, quietly great, but if I were sitting out on my balcony and heard Snoop Dog blaring, or even some other music I did not like bothering me I would speak up, but others might not. I am also the type to embarass you if you are out there making grunting noises to ask in a loud voice if you need a Laxitive, or to tell you something like in Austin Powers when Tom Arnold was mouthing off to Austin. Just the way I am. But what about those who are more timid or less outspoken, should they need to call the pursers desk.

You choose your room and worry about noise from above, from the lido deck, the pool, the elevator, why not worry about what goofball brings his 500 watt boombox and starts booming some offensive rap. What if they start up with The Dutchess [EXPLICIT LYRICS]now I love this album, but one song has "OH Sh** Oh Sh**" as the refrain of the song. If you were a family in the next cabin how would you think they would respond to that song. Just my opinion. YMMV.

but one song has "OH Sh** Oh Sh**" as the refrain of the song. If you were a family in the next cabin how would you think they would respond to that song. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

gee, that might be a good song to download. Keep those little rugrats off the balcony next to mine, when they are out there screaming and crying :eek:

For those of you that brought yoyr satellite radios..where did you put the antennas?? I have been think of bringing mine but was not sure of how the whole antenna thing would work.

Ceece, just keep it at a modest level and I dont see why it wont be a problem. Just watch the lyrics, I have to agree that some songs have really poor taste in lyrics.

For those of you that brought yoyr satellite radios..where did you put the antennas?? I have been think of bringing mine but was not sure of how the whole antenna thing would work.

Ceece, just keep it at a modest level and I dont see why it wont be a problem. Just watch the lyrics, I have to agree that some songs have really poor taste in lyrics.

Zbar, you have to be somewhat creative with the antenna, on our aft wrap on the Legend it wasn't a problem because of the slant of the back of the ship. I just took a couple of pieces of duct tape and secured it to the rail. If you don't have a balcony you are out of luck.

Keep those little rugrats off the balcony next to mine, when they are out there screaming and crying :eek:

Now if this happens, I may just have to turn up the music to drown them out. That is what I do at my apartment with my 1000w surround sound system.

I got a cabin (U70) where only one other balcony is around me. So, I will see how it goes. I can definitely understand why people would not want to hear hip hop music, it can get vulgar and aggravating. Some I like, some I don't. It is just a personal choice.

Archived