Can I listen to Music on my Balcony?

Ceece911

maybe i don't spend enough time on the balcony, but on our last cruise, the balconies were not being used by the majority most of the time.

at sailaway, and pulling into/out of ports the balconies would get full, but in general, i thought most people were out around the boat most of the day.

i think there would be limited times where you would have to turn down your music. that's just my opinion, i may be wrong.

There was a situation on the Sensation in February where the Cat 12 (next door to us) had a couple of foul-mouthed drunk 20 something guys BANGING on the door DEMANDING that the "Bit#&" let them in (from what I could gather, their cabin was on another deck). That was a RUDE awakening for us! I called and asked for security, as I did not want to throw gasoline on that fire by opening my door and confronting them...:eek: They left after a few minutes, security did not show (at least prior to their departure). :rolleyes:

Those PEEP HOLES in the doors don't work very well at right angles! :D

Tom

Now that would bother me, too! I think calling security is the best answer! I'm glad it didn't escalate into anything worse.

Maybe the blaring bass from my brand-new neighbors that I am listening to at this very moment is affecting me as i post :p, but I'd say so long as your considerate, it should be OK. Most people are on vacation and really are pretty laid back. Though no bass, please! :rolleyes:

Inconsiderate in my opinion. What about the balconies above and below?

I didn't pay for a balcony to have to listen to anyones music. I want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the sea. Want music, go to the lounge or disco. If you were next to me, the ship's staff would be paying you a visit. That's what earphones are for.

you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? why would the ship staff have to make a visit, you can't lean over and politely ask them to keep their music down or off, before wasting the staffs time with such a petty matter. i'm sure the offending people would gladly oblige if you were pleasant and friendly, as opposed to calling the "radio police". :rolleyes:

Maybe the blaring bass from my brand-new neighbors that I am listening to at this very moment is affecting me as i post :p, but I'd say so long as your considerate, it should be OK. Most people are on vacation and really are pretty laid back. Though no bass, please! :rolleyes:

Though I do understand the the Chilean Sea Bass is rather good! ;) :D

Tom

you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? why would the ship staff have to make a visit, you can't lean over and politely ask them to keep their music down or off, before wasting the staffs time with such a petty matter. i'm sure the offending people would gladly oblige if you were pleasant and friendly, as opposed to calling the "radio police". :rolleyes:

LOL - you know, it may have a lot to do with WHAT KIND OF MUSIC your neighbor is playing...

Jazz/Classical

Southern Rock/Country

Heavy Metal

Rap/Hip-Hop

I see ONE of those groups as being predictably accommodating, and one or two others as perhaps taking it a bit more personally.

;)

It's all in fun - please don't take this too seriously!!:D

Tom

LOL - you know, it may have a lot to do with WHAT KIND OF MUSIC your neighbor is playing...

Jazz/Classical

Southern Rock/Country

Heavy Metal

Rap/Hip-Hop

I see ONE of those groups as being predictably accommodating, and one or two others as perhaps taking it a bit more personally.

;)

It's all in fun - please don't take this too seriously!!:D

Tom

yea, the jazz/classical group can be a tad aggressive!:D

"I'm sure the offending people would gladly oblige if you were pleasant and friendly,"

If they were pleasant and friendly they would probably also be considerate in the first place. Having a face to face with somone is asking for trouble, that's not my job to enforce the rules. The balconies are just too close together to have someone playing music through speakers.

"I'm sure the offending people would gladly oblige if you were pleasant and friendly,"

If they were pleasant and friendly they would probably also be considerate in the first place. Having a face to face with somone is asking for trouble, that's not my job to enforce the rules. The balconies are just too close together to have someone playing music through speakers.

Wow you seem like a real fun person.....if you feel that way while you are on vacation, I sure hate to be around you during any other time:rolleyes:

i respectfully disagree with that statement. if your neighbors are not out on their balcony, there is nothing wrong with enjoying music on yours. then if they do come out, i think both parties could be considerate of each other. most people on a cruise are not looking for trouble, if they are, then you do need to have the staff handle the situation. :)

And the peanut gallery is heard from... Predictable.

:rolleyes:

Her reply was respectful AND her views shared by others as well. I don't know what you meant by yours but it seems rather rude.

Wow you seem like a real fun person.....if you feel that way while you are on vacation, I sure hate to be around you during any other time:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I take offense to this. I consider myself to be a very fun person. I understand some people require 'noise' all the time, whether it be the TV, radio or whatever..I happened to be married to one of those types :p BUT I am like cruzincurt. I enjoy silence. I LOVE it as a matter of fact, and silence is best on the balcony of a ship while listening to the sea below.

IF the cruiseline has a policy that states earphones should be used, if your neighbors don't want to hear any music...rap or classical...it doesn't matter if it's bad lyrics or no lyrics at all, then you should be using them. The noise is invasive of someone's space and just because someone doesn't want to hear music on their cruise doesn't make them miserable as you seem to imply.

Oh dear...

I was excited about our upcoming and very first balcony cruise.

Now I find that I will be dealing with ciggy smoke, loud talking, and music.

Maybe I should change to OV...

I am sorry y'all, but music is noise...it is...really...

One person's music is another person's noise.

Some like jazz, some like country, some like rap, some like opera, and some like quiet.

As a teacher I came to realize that some people are very afraid of quiet.

Anyway, if I am being "serenaded" be prepared for my defense...3-6 Mafia interspersed with some opera favorites!!!

...Just sayin'....:)

I'm sorry but I take offense to this. I consider myself to be a very fun person. I understand some people require 'noise' all the time, whether it be the TV, radio or whatever..I happened to be married to one of those types :p BUT I am like cruzincurt. I enjoy silence. I LOVE it as a matter of fact, and silence is best on the balcony of a ship while listening to the sea below.

IF the cruiseline has a policy that states earphones should be used, if your neighbors don't want to hear any music...rap or classical...it doesn't matter if it's bad lyrics or no lyrics at all, then you should be using them. The noise is invasive of someone's space and just because someone doesn't want to hear music on their cruise doesn't make them miserable as you seem to imply.

if you enjoy silence, maybe you shouldn't be on a cruise ship. maybe a walking tour through tibet is more of your liking.:p

tom-n-cheryl what room/ship was that balcony on?

It looks like the ideal place to watch the wake.

Hopefully with only the sounds of the ocean.

That was 4237 on the Carnival Legend.

On Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend, and Miracle) we ALWAYS book either of the two aft corners on DECK FOUR: 4228 or 4237. Those are the best cabins, bar none, in the entire Carnival fleet (though some argument could be made for the owner's suites on a few of the Fantasy class ships!)

Tom

Though I do understand the the Chilean Sea Bass is rather good! ;)
The Chilean Sea Bass IS wonderful!!:p

I'm kinda' leaning toward the Filet at Harry's in two weeks, but the Sea Bass may change my mind, again.. :rolleyes: YUMMY!!:D ;)

ps: We use earbuds....

Another example of gross exaggeration. Did anyone say anything about playing music all the time on your balconly? No.....

And I was referring to cruzincurt who seems by his posts to get very confrontational if he were to ask someone to maybe turn down their music. Ifyou go back and read his posts it seems like he would not even consider being next to a balcony who plays music of any kind period.

Too me it sound a little uptight but hey that's just me....

The op asked if he could play music on his balcony......he didn't ask if he could play it 24/7. He didn't ask if he could play it full blast......Geez people it was a simple question and the answer is plain and simple......yes.

And oh by the way where did I imply that if you didn't want to hear music that you were miserable:confused:

So please don't be offended by my post. It was not meant to offend you....

Oh dear...

I was excited about our upcoming and very first balcony cruise.

Now I find that I will be dealing with ciggy smoke, loud talking, and music.

Maybe I should change to OV...

I am sorry y'all, but music is noise...it is...really...

One person's music is another person's noise.

Some like jazz, some like country, some like rap, some like opera, and some like quiet.

As a teacher I came to realize that some people are very afraid of quiet.

Anyway, if I am being "serenaded" be prepared for my defense...3-6 Mafia interspersed with some opera favorites!!!

...Just sayin'....:)

If you think it will be too noisy for you......wait til you hear all the balcony doors slamming constantly......Now that's annoying:p

If you think it will be too noisy for you......wait til you hear all the balcony doors slamming constantly......Now that's annoying:p

Oh goody!

Let me add that to the list...

Ciggy smoke

Loud talking

Music/noise

Slamming doors

Wow

That quiet inside stateroom on the lowest passenger deck is sounding pretty good.

Oh goody!

Let me add that to the list...

Ciggy smoke

Loud talking

Music/noise

Slamming doors

Wow

That quiet inside stateroom on the lowest passenger deck is sounding pretty good.

All these things are present in inside cabins too. And you can also hear those in neighboring cabins making other loud noises.

Archived