little swimmers

jettdt

I have just seen on the RCI website that they do not allow babies in the pools unless they are toilet trained. I can understand this if the babies are not wearing swim nappies but does anyone know if they do not even allow babies with swim nappies in any of the pools?:mad:

Thanks Jamie aged 13 months and water lover:eek:

I have just seen on the RCI website that they do not allow babies in the pools unless they are toilet trained. I can understand this if the babies are not wearing swim nappies but does anyone know if they do not even allow babies with swim nappies in any of the pools?:mad:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=545301

It's not just RCCL that doesn't allow it, it is a health and safety issue. If something leaks out from your little ones swim diaper, than the entire pool will have to drained and cleaned leaving the rest of the passengers inconvenienced for the whole day. Please keep your baby out of the pool until he's potty trained.

Little Swimmers do not absorb liquid, so they are far from sanitary in a pool.

How'd I learn this lesson? I was out somewhere with my then-infant daughter, and I found myself without a diaper. I opened a package of Little Swimmers, which I'd just bought, thinking they could substitute as a diaper. Nope. When she wet the Little Swimmer, urine went everywhere, and I had a messy car seat to clean.

They'd hold in poop, but they wouldn't make a non-potty trained child sanitary in a pool.

Would you be willing to drink the water that your child with nappies sat in for an extended period? I doubt it.

Nuf said.

DON

Would you be willing to drink the water that your child with nappies sat in for an extended period? I doubt it.

Nuf said.

DON

Would you drink pool water!! You are clearly nieve if you believe not one of the 4 yo potty trained children or the odd adult pees in the pool. I was trying to establish if there are kids pools for youngsters, where SWIM nappies were permitted, in line with swimming pools at most hotels.

Kids paddle in shallow pools all over the world with out issue, swim nappies are no substitute for good parenting skills and knowing the signs when your child needs the toilet, they are just a little insurance.

I could easily state my child is potty trained and not bother using this sensible safety net, but belive this would be irresponsible.

Perhaps if people are that concerned about catching viruses etc being enclosed in a ship with 3,000 others is not the best place for them, an oxygen tent on their own somewhere would be a better bet.

Cruising is trying to get a name of being family friendly the tone of some of these replies to a genuine harmless question does not help dispel the image of snobery assosiated with this type of holiday.

Ah, the overly-defensive parent. My favorite kind of poster.

jettdt: I am sure that your Jamie is a charming and amiable child.

The fact remains that putting a child into any pool or public body of water on board your cruise ship is not allowed. You may not like it; that may not be the answer that you wanted, but it IS the answer.

The answer is NO. There is NO pool for un-potty-trained humans, and that includes humans in swim diapers.

Did you click on the link I put in my initial post? You can see the sign by the pool that tells you this.

And I hardly think that it has ANYTHING to do with snobbery if people tell you clearly and unequivocally what the rules are. These are the rules that you asked about, after all.

Have a great cruise.

I had a customer a few years ago that went on a vacation somewhere in Mexico and they believe he picked up something in the pool water which damaged his liver and killed him.

I have, as of yet, used a ships pool or hot tub.

Would you drink pool water!! You are clearly nieve if you believe not one of the 4 yo potty trained children or the odd adult pees in the pool. I was trying to establish if there are kids pools for youngsters, where SWIM nappies were permitted, in line with swimming pools at most hotels.

Kids paddle in shallow pools all over the world with out issue, swim nappies are no substitute for good parenting skills and knowing the signs when your child needs the toilet, they are just a little insurance.

I could easily state my child is potty trained and not bother using this sensible safety net, but belive this would be irresponsible.

Perhaps if people are that concerned about catching viruses etc being enclosed in a ship with 3,000 others is not the best place for them, an oxygen tent on their own somewhere would be a better bet.

Cruising is trying to get a name of being family friendly the tone of some of these replies to a genuine harmless question does not help dispel the image of snobery assosiated with this type of holiday.

Sorry, US Center for Disease Control, Vessel Sanitation Program, Regulation 6.4.1.3.1 requires cruises ships to:

"Ensure that children in diapers or who are not toilet trained are not permitted in the public swimming pools and whirlpool spas."

The main concern is actually fecal matter, not urine, so some 4-yo or others who happen to pee in the pool is not as big an issue.

Not only would it be irresponsible, it would show an amazing lack of respect for the other 3000+ people that you share the ship with.

And to follow your arguement, maybe we should have no concern about viruses and bacteria. How about we all stop washing our hands before meals and touching serving utensils in the Windjammer.:rolleyes:

I am 100% against children in pools with diapers on. It is absolutely not sanitary. Some people do need to chill on these boards with some of there responses. There is no reason for it. She asked a question, and was looking for an answer. I know there is popular thread on this in the forum but maybe he/she didnt see it, or look around for an answer.

Ah, the overly-defensive parent. My favorite kind of poster.

jettdt: I am sure that your Jamie is a charming and amiable child.

The fact remains that putting a child into any pool or public body of water on board your cruise ship is not allowed. You may not like it; that may not be the answer that you wanted, but it IS the answer.

The answer is NO. There is NO pool for un-potty-trained humans, and that includes humans in swim diapers.

Did you click on the link I put in my initial post? You can see the sign by the pool that tells you this.

And I hardly think that it has ANYTHING to do with snobbery if people tell you clearly and unequivocally what the rules are. These are the rules that you asked about, after all.

Have a great cruise.

Could not have said it better myself. Looking forward to meeting you next week Monday.

I refer you to my first simple question, then your reply, this, no matter how you look at it is RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE. A simple no would have sufficed and that would have been that.

I am happy to abide by the rules, thats why I asked, as the RCI website was unclear. Stating the rules was the only answer I needed, not sarcasim and yes snobery.

Posters chose to answer in the manner they have and therefore as a human being, not a parent, I took offence.

We will enjoy our cruise despite the 'help' we have recived here.

I am 100% against children in pools with diapers on. It is absolutely not sanitary. Some people do need to chill on these boards with some of there responses. There is no reason for it. She asked a question, and was looking for an answer. I know there is popular thread on this in the forum but maybe he/she didnt see it, or look around for an answer.

THANK YOU, Your point is exactly mine, we did not see the other thread and are new to cruising which is why we came to this board, its only a shame someone like you did not answer earlier.

THANK YOU, Your point is exactly mine, we did not see the other thread and are new to cruising which is why we came to this board, its only a shame someone like you did not answer earlier.

jettdt: I put a link to that thread in my original response to you DESPITE the fact that the thread itself was but a few lines down from yours.

The slightest glance at the front page would have brought this thread to your attention.

I am sorry if you took my response as rude. I meant it to be, um, firm.

It is actually rather an obvious assumption that un-toilet-trained children are not allowed in the pool. You said as much in your original post.

Children in swim diapers are un-toilet-trained children.

Not wanting un-toilet-trained children in the swimming pool does NOT make me a snob.

Just off Freedom last month. Liberty and Freedom are the only 2 ships at this time to allow swim diapers. They have a section in the h2o zone.

It is a small area for the swim diapers only!!!!!!

When we were on the Freedom ,March 25th sailing. The area was not yet finished. I was told by the April 7th sailing the Freedom would be complete. And the Liberty was already finished. This was straight from the head pool Security offical on Freedom.:)

The swim diaper section is located on the left side when you walk outside next to the round whirlpool area.

This area is separate from the other areas and the water will not touch the other areas of the h20 zone. They were waiting for a special glass to be retrofitted on the Freedom that will not allow the water to mix with the h2o zone.

I do not want to get into a big row over this. Suffice to say we are not from the USA and it was in no way obvious to us that swim nappies would not be allowed, hence when I saw a one line comment on one page of the RCI website I posted my question.

In Europe they are widely accepted and in the UK all public pools allow babaies with swim nappies, in fact we are encouraged to start treaching our children to swim in public pools from 6 months of age after their first vaccinations.

Perhaps it was an oversight of mine not seeing the other thread, but I absolutly did not expect to be vilified in this way asking what seemed to be a harmless question.

I would point out that people in Europe and the UK are not falling over dead because we swim in the same pools as babies.

The snobery comment was not made directly at any one person it was over the feel of the many replies I got.

I think the post following mine about the new ships proves my point, this is exactly the facility I was asking about, clearly RCI have realised babies are not that dangerous to world health.

I do not want to get into a big row over this. Suffice to say we are not from the USA and it was in no way obvious to us that swim nappies would not be allowed, hence when I saw a one line comment on one page of the RCI website I posted my question.

In Europe they are widely accepted and in the UK all public pools allow babaies with swim nappies, in fact we are encouraged to start treaching our children to swim in public pools from 6 months of age after their first vaccinations.

Perhaps it was an oversight of mine not seeing the other thread, but I absolutly did not excpect to be vilified in this way asking what seemed to be a harmless question.

I would point out that people in Europe and the UK are not falling over dead because we swim in the same pools as babies.

The snobery comment was not made direcftly at any one person it was over the feel of the many replies I got.

I think the post following mine about the new ships proves my point, this is exactly the facility I was asking about, clearly RCI have realised babies are not that dangerous to world health.

The difference in the new ships is their pools are chlorinated whereas the other ships are salt water. That is the big difference in the rules for the the potty training between them.

Archived