How early a flight ffrom Barcelona

Looking to cruise out of Barcelona (BCN) and wanting to get a flight out at 11:35 am so I can get home same day. I have searched everywhere and have not found an answer yet. I know the cab ride is 25 to 30 mins., however the line for cabs could be quite long.

Our port arrival time is 5 am, so will the 11:35am time be pushing my luck too much or is this time pretty doable provided no major disruptions are encountered?

Thanks

Just booked the Gem 10/21-10/28, flights were just to tight, staying in Barcelona over night and taking the train in the morning to the airport.:p There are a lot of hotels around $125.00 per night US. Hope this helps you.

We are on the Voyager 11/10 to 11/17. We did not want to cut it close so we too are staying another night. There are not many flights out of Barcelona late in the morning and if you miss that one, you are stuck another day. The Marriott Renaissance at the airport has a free shuttle to the airport. They also offer shuttles into the city.

You might want to check out United for fares. We are flying ABQ to Dulles. Then Dulles to Munich and then on to Barcelona. Coming back we do the reverse. We leave ABQ at 10:25 am getting into Barcelona the next day at 11 am. Coming back we leave Barcelona at 7:55 am on a Sunday and get into ABQ that night at 7:30. We got a great fare from them. I think we paid $850/person with all the fees.

Bev

I just got off Celebrity Millie on Thursday. Had a 10:55 a.m. flight. I had arranged for Angie's taxi to pick us up and was at the airport at 8 a.m. Debarkation began at 6:45. The first group off were those with flights before 10.a.m. The next group was those before 11 :15 Celebrity ran bus transfers to the airport also. Those with early flights had the bus loaded with their luggage before they disembarked. Hope this helps.

Royal Caribbean's web site has a utility that will calculate your latest suggested arrival/earliest departure time for your port. You can find it under Customer Support - FAQ - Air Travel.

Just wanted to add we were actually at the airport by 7:40. Continental did not start check in until 8 a.m.

Also, in June 2005 we were at the Barcelona airport, flying Alitalia and that terminal was a zoo. We had a later flight that day so it wasn't a problem for us but some of the airline personal were pulling people off the lines by flight time in an attempt to check them in so they wouldn't miss their flights. Alot might depend on how many ships are disembarking that day.

We just returned from Barcelona, spent 3 nights post cruise off of the Brilliance. If you would like to take your own bags off the ship, you may disembark whenever you'd like. Otherwise, you'll be given a number and color and they'll call those in order. We were about the 6th group called, our suitcases came just after we got off and we were able to get a taxi very quickly. That was on Sunday with no traffic and we were at our hotel about 8:15 am! Even with traffic, you'd have no problem making your 11:35 flight. Lots of folks on our cruise were booked on a 10:00 am Delta flight out and believe they all made it. Have a great trip.

I have always done my own air and am quite frankly a little nervous about an 11:35 am flight. However with only 30 minutes from port to airport and if we could be out by even 8 am, I would be thrilled to try it. This decision and whether we can return on Friday vs Saturday is really the only thing holding up a decision. Is it a consensus that the ships are pretty much starting to disembark by6 to 7 am?

This might also add some additional info. We are looking at the NCL GEM, disembarkation on Friday, Nov.9

Also thanks for the air info. The best I had found was $859 but that was for the earliest flight out of ABQ and the the earliest flight out of BCN.

After our cruise last year and getting up at 3 am to make a Heathrow 8am flight I just don';t want to leave that early ever again. ( this was 7 days after the terror plot was discovered in London and no carry-ons were being allowed.

Bottom line: I think I will go for the 11:35 am flight time, and do the express off option to get off ship early. I think this flight is a BA flight to Heathrow and then United back to ORD and then on to ABQ. I think this flight was about $60 more per person, but it allows to come back on the day we disembark as a well as a day of vacation. Plus I don't really think we would get much done in one day, post cruise. We will have 2 days pre-cruise in BCN.

If anyone has anyother tips or finds a good airfare deal let me know.

Thanks again

We had a 10:35 flight home a couple of years ago off Brilliance. I think we got off the ship around 7:30 but our bags weren't out yet so we had to wait about 30 minutes for them. It seems like we were the 3rd group off the ship. When we arrived at the airport, it was PACKED!! It took us 1.5 hours to get checked in and through security. We made it to the gate while they were boarding.

There were 3 ships that docked that day so that was part of the back-up. Since your flight is later and you are planning to carry your own luggage off, you should be able to make it.

11.35 is certainly doable if you have no hitches.

The last weekend of July is extremely busy with holiday makers all leaving Barcelona for the month of August. I would be a bit worried if you are flying then.

Have a taxi booked to collect you. You can probably set this up in your 2 days pre cruise.

Do you have insurance as a back up?

We have a 2:30 pm flight out of Barcelona heading to Heathrow and then onto Boston. We are taking British Airways

Hey Eddie, join our roll call, we'll be up to 3 now for the 10/21 Gem. We will be up to 3

Obviously, this plan only works if there are no hitches. I am going to check to be sure there are no other ships coming in and also being a little later, hopefully check-in will be fast being most of the early morning rush should be gone. This is the same flight that is mentioned above via British Airways to Heathrow, then onward to ORD.

The pre-booked cab is also an excellent suggestion to try and expedite things.

On Saturday, August 4, my flight is also BA leaving to Heathrow from Barcelona at 11:30 AM connecting to Virgin Atlantic bound to JFK at 4:00 PM. How can I secure a taxi at the pier to take us to the airport. Does anyone know of a car service in Barcelona or taxi #? Also, If you have suitcases and carry-ons can you still disembark the ship carrying your own suitcases or only carry-ons are allowed? Thank you.

Just got off a few days ago, there were already two other ships in port and we had no problem. The key is to do self debarkation, we were off the ship at 6:45 and there was no waiting for taxi's. The previous week we only left the ship at 8:30 and the line up for taxi's was the longest I have ever seen, luckily we were staying in town and took the T3 bus without much of a wait.

On Saturday, August 4, my flight is also BA leaving to Heathrow from Barcelona at 11:30 AM connecting to Virgin Atlantic bound to JFK at 4:00 PM. How can I secure a taxi at the pier to take us to the airport. Does anyone know of a car service in Barcelona or taxi #? Also, If you have suitcases and carry-ons can you still disembark the ship carrying your own suitcases or only carry-ons are allowed? Thank you.

You can self disembark with all your luggage as long as you can carry it off yourself.

It's always tough to give this kind of advice. If everything goes as it's supposed to and you self disembark as soon as you are cleared, you can just walk over and take the first cab in line. We were at the airport very, very early for our 12:05 flight, but having seen the taxi lines the week before when we got off later we didn't want to take any chances. Of course if things somehow go wrong, then even having a taxi pre-booked won't be any help.

Archived