How Many Days?

sail7seas

How many days long is your perfect cruise? All things being equal, and you can do what you wish (money, time off, babysitting etc), would you do both a pre cruise and a post cruise stay at embarkation/disembarkation port? How many days?

since i have only sailed on 7 day cruises, i cant be as honest. but what i do know is that on that last day, i always wish i were on the ship for an extra couple of days. so for me, i would say an ideal time is a 10 day cruise. i do enjoy a one day pre-cruise at a hotel. i have done pre and post stays and enjoyed both. the next cruise booked i will be going for a 2 day pre-cruise vacation on a 7 day sail.

14 days with a pre-departure stay of 2 days (US) or 3 days (Europe) is perfect for us! Any longer and we are tired of the food on the ship and I am missing my boys! I never feel like I can really relax on a 7 days cruise, too busy trying to pack all the fun into 7 days!!!!:cool:

Maybe when the kids get older we will consider a 30+ days cruise, but we are more inclined to do multiple 14 day cruises!:cool:

My honeymoon and my last cruise were both 7 days long. After five days I was thinking that wasn't long enough. After 7 days I didn't mind getting off the ship, but I could have stayed longer. Next cruise is 10 days. I think it may be too long for DW, but I think 10 is a good number for me.

For us, 10-14 days is about right. 7-day cruises really fly by so fast. Our longest has been 21 days and we were ready to get home. Regardless of cruise length, however, a 1 or 2 day pre-cruise stay works for us very well. At the end of a cruise, we would rather just get on our way home.

I have only done 7 day cruises so far , but would definately be up for a 10 or 14 day. Right now that would be a good amount of time.

In a few years when the kids are gone, the lengths will get longer :)

I'd say 10 days. Seven is just too short. (Not that I'd turn one down out of hand.) We'll sail 13 days next month, so that will probably be very much to our liking, too. Even if time off work were not a factor, it seems like 21 days would be a tad long to me. However, if anyone would like to send me on a 3-week journey, I'll willingly give it a try to see what I think. (Oh, you'll need to provide for the DW as well. She's picky that way! ) :)

We have done 7, 10, 12 and 17 day cruises. I found the itinerary to be key as to whether we wanted to go home. I was bored on a seven day and they had to smash my fingers to get me to off on longer cruises. You figure.

We have a 32 day cruise booked and I am still working on my dw about it.

We have not done pre or post additions locally unless you count going down a day early to make sure we are on time. We did stop in Iceland for four days after a Norwegian fjord cruise and that was great.

Our last cruise was 17 days and I wasn't ready to get off. We prefer cruises of at least 10 days. We usually fly one day ahead and prefer a next day flight home. If money wasn't a consideration, we'd probably do something pre and/or post cruise on some itineraries.

Our longest (and a great one) was 27 nights, San Francisco to Sydney, on the last trip of the Sky Princess as a Princess ship.

I'd love to try one of P&O's 90+ night round-the-world cruises, but can't convince my wife to try it.

She much prefers trips in the 2 to 3 week range - so we are attempting to circumnavigate the globe in segments.

Michael

I wish we had a long cruise under our belt to compare. So far 7 days has been the longest. I think DH and I would love a 14 day but with my work and our loving pets at home that son takes care of, 7 days plus travel is almost pushing it. Maybe someday........;)

longest we've taken so far is 7 days. last cruise we weren't ready to go home.. next cruise is a back-to-back .. we'll see how we enjoy 14 days and go from there!

We do like to fly in the day before departure so we are not so tired and stressed on the first day of our cruise. At the end of any vacation..we like to go home... we always book the earliest flight we can find on our last day of vacation... Don't think we would enjoy staying post cruise, unless it was a week or better. One or two days with luggage, checking in/out etc. doesn't appeal...plus, the last morning of our cruise we're always so exhausted from packing, leaving our room at the crack of dawn etc. If I could be assured I could go to a hotel and check in and actually get into our room immediately we might consider it..we could crash and sleep!!

Peggy Sue

i prefer 10-14 days just the right time for me and a pre cruise day at the city where the ships leaves i would love to do a world cruise but with me still working I nhave to wait till i retire for that though sometimes a segment of the world cruiise would be nice.

Our first cruise was a 7 nighter; had just started relaxing and it was almost time to get off the ship. We do 10 nights minimum; did a 21 nighter repositioning and really enjoyed it; have a 30 nighter (Hawaii/Tahiti) booked for 1/05. If sailing from US port we arrive 1-2 days prior; Europe we fly out 5-7 days prior. Even though we are retired, we love the "unwinding" and vacation feel of getting to the port city early.

Archived