I Got BANNED from RCCL!!!!!!

I ain't buying this tale at this point.

A mysterious phone call "banning" a long time customer comes days before departure All future cruises cancelled; refunds and flight change charges will be forthcoming. Nothing in writing' date=' the decision is final. OP will only get answers in response to a subpoena. Strikes me as an odd response from the executive suite to a reasonable question from an established customer - What's this all about?

Other cruise lines book w/o problem. So it's not some meddlesome government thing. Still, talks to government officials on phone - apparently official searches records on phone request without having written request, proper ID, etc. Ummm...having worked for the government for over 30 years, if this happened, the government source risked firing. Such info is not exchanged freely over the phone - all is in writing after a proper request is made, especially after the many recent publicized compromises of Personal Identification Information. And no government source would offer "95 pct sure" as an answer, either.

I've travelled with people whose names were on the "no fly" list. They were taken aside and checked, and allowed to fly. A name is not a person, there may be a million John Smiths. The authorities actually realize that fact.

It may be RCCI's security department has something. It would have to be much more than some room steward or asst purser making up some lurid tale. Short of assault, flashing a deadly weapon, or the like, I can't imagine anything like this done without at least an interview and multiple reviews within the department, and likely the Executive Suite. OP apparently represents a very profitable customer - I doubt banning him would be taken lightly.

After much falderol in between, OP eventually speaks to "Executive Office Supervisor". One might ask why the ban. OP asks what he did aboard Brilliance. Makes me wonder, indeed, what lurks down that path. 'Cept OP insists it is nothing. I can't imagine a company spokesman using the term "blackballed", or saying you were considered a "risk" when the apparent protocol was to say nothing.

If I was interested in my status, the phone chase would have ended with a call to the CEO. From then it's all via mail, Express Mail/Fed Ex. I'd like it all in writing.

And one other odd thing...how many would book a replacement cruise and update the "upcoming cruises" listing before your started your flame on this board? I'd be mad as heck, and that would be the last thing I'd do. I'm sure my anger would manifest itself in my accounts, too.

Sorry, this has too many odd and bizarre pieces that don't fit. After more than 500 posts, I remain unconvinced. Meanwhile others are ready to make calls demanding answers, boycott the company, cancel vacations, and all that. I truly wonder if this isn't some class project on mob psychology.

OTOH - if Scott got shafted, I hope it gets squared away for him fairly.[/quote']

WOW!

I know the last thing I would do is rebook a replacement cruise too, but thats just me! Cancel my future vacation plans with RCCL, no way! I need a better reason than this! J

I am not saying that you did this but I just finished reading a book where someone has been banned from an Embassy Suites for life.

What kind of condition did you leave your room in? Just wondered because this guy left his room in less than satisfactory condition.

Amen, this has been the most compelling thread in the almost 2 years I have been here. If it was a hoax (no offense OP) I was fooled.

When I started reading this post I kept expecting a big "APRIL FOOLS" but it's May 9. My fear is that if people demand answers by flooding RCL with emails and phone calls they could get banned too and what good would that do. I truely think there is some explaination like identity theft. You have much support.............

I do remember an issue a couple of years back,where an employee (booking agent I believe ) was able to get into the system,cancel some rooms and book their friends into them...Perhaps this has happened again...

What the..? Cancelled reservation vs being banned from RCL and Celebrity for ever. Did you read the original post?

It would be interesting to find out 1) Just how many people are banned from RCCL,

and 2) if they were told the same thing. (nothing)

I am sure I will never find out the answer to number 1, as it's not really my buisness, however number 2, i bet most people know they screwed up on the ship when greeted with security or the Captain, and this never happened to me!

#1 there are quite a few banned

#2 you would know it when you are walking to meet the Captain and your luggage is ashore

Tj

I'm just putting my 2cents in here:) If it was a "security" issue wouldn't it have happened before boarding?? Hopefully this will all be a major mistake. What about Carnival?? Will you pass their security?? This just sounds so bizarre. After all the passengers jumping, missing etc. why would they have an issue with a passenger and tell you after your cruise that you are not permitted to sail any longer?? This sure is a mystery and you have all these people waiting to hear the outcome. Good luck. I wish you the best. Firefighters are really heros to the people they serve:)

Wouldn't it just be easier to have the DEA board the ship in Miami and check the room. They do it often enough when they are suspicious.

That would not be DEA's jurisdiction. It would fall under USCG, CBP, or ICE. Then, and only then, if these Agencies catch a big fish, they may call DEA. Although I seriously doubt ICE would call DEA.

And this is exactly the reason why I don't think this will ever make the news. No responsible news station would report on anything like this without having all the facts.

Well this got me ROTFLMAO (and no criticism meant). I eagerly await the day any news organization can report anything without some sort of distortion of the "facts".

Let me lend my support to getting RCI to get to the bottom of this and provide an answer to the OP.

Oh c'mon he's basically a kid. And it really is kind of amazing if you think about it.

He is an adult. ;) But like I said before: since I don't know him at all, I am just trying to form an opinion as to what/whom to believe. I am still rooting for the OP. But until I know both sides of the story, I will continue to have some (reasonable) doubt.

Well this got me ROTFLMAO (and no criticism meant). I eagerly await the day any news organization can report anything without some sort of distortion of the "facts".

Let me lend my support to getting RCI to get to the bottom of this and provide an answer to the OP.

Distortion, sure. But few would be willing to report on a story they only have one side on. And a common story at that (remember, everyone in prison is innocent).

I sent this e-mail to Mr Goldstein just now.

From reading Cruise Critic at 5pm today there were 51,000 views and over 600 posts regarding the firefighter Scott's thread regarding his ban from RCCl cruises.

I don't in any way expect you to give out any info to any CC posters regarding his ban, but please correspond with him regarding this matter so he has some sense of what this is about.

I am not taking sides because I don't know the firefighter and I do not know where RCCl is coming from, however if he is banned as he says I feel he should have the right to know why.

There are alot of RCCL cruisers that post on this site and I think it would be in everyone's interest to address this as soon as possible. Obviously it is generating alot of interest.

Thanks for your time in reading this e-mail.

Laura ____

Hope all works out well for you. I hope that no matter what the outcome is that you are are upfront and honest with us. I feel you have put alot on the line being a firefighter and posting this thread. Good luck...

And this is exactly the reason why I don't think this will ever make the news. No responsible news station would report on anything like this without having all the facts.

No responsible news station would put it on the air...but the other 95% would report it exactly as OP relates it, showing canned photos of Carnival ships, and then tag the story, "We called the cruiseline about the story, but our calls were not returned."

LL

My fear is that if people demand answers by flooding RCL with emails and phone calls they could get banned too and what good would that do..........

Of course, they're monitoring this post, tracking everyone down from their CC screen name and soon we'll all be banned:eek: ;) Guess we'll all have to join the OP on Carnival!!!!:D

Have a good cruise - fageddaboutit for the next week and enjoy yourself!

No responsible news station would put it on the air...but the other 95% would report it exactly as OP relates it, showing canned photos of Carnival ships, and then tag the story, "Our calls to the cruise line were not returned."

LL

LMAO. We must watch the same news channel!!!!!!!:)

Archived