What is your Lattitudes Level  

414 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Lattitudes Level

• Going on first NCL Ship - not a member yet
    • Bronze - 1 to 4 cruises completed
    • Silver - 5 to 8 cruises completed
    • Gold - 9 to 13 completed
    • Platinum - 14 plus cruises completed

My kids have Latitudes numbers but I keep getting conflicting info on whether or not their "kid price" cruises build up over time. I can see the reasoning since it's a reduced price. Way reduced. But when people get a whole credit for a one night cruise I want their 7 day cruises to count! :)

My kids have latitudes and have been first or second in a room. Like a previous poster, I was told they don't get a "status" until they are 18. Then their count starts.

My kids have latitudes and have been first or second in a room. Like a previous poster, I was told they don't get a "status" until they are 18. Then their count starts.

This is one of those times where I don't think the customer service reps are all on the same page. After our last Majesty cruise I called to book the Dream cruise and was talking to the rep who told me the kids' cruises do accumulate. Then I've read on here a few times that it's not true. I'm not worried about it, but dang it if they're counting an overnight trip they should count the kids. :)

We will be doing our 37th. cruise with NCL this May 27 on the Pearl. We have also done 6 more on other ships. On our last cruise on the Sun we received the Frame and also Gold Lattitude pens with a small Diamond in it. We started sailing with NCL in 1992 on the Norway. They use to have theme cruises back then and that is one of the reasons we did 15 cruises on just the Norway, we had the 16th. one booked when she had her accident. As you can see we love NCL and free style.

We also bought into the Platinum. We should be Silver, and DH never has the Platinum on his card, but I have been told that I have been made Platinum for life. He just has to keep sailing with me to get those perks.:D :eek: :rolleyes:

We have completed 4 cruises on NCL so are currently Bronze, but after our cruise this month on the Pride of Aloha we'll be Silver!

I had an issue with being credited for cruises taken. My wife was platinum and I was silver. Be careful that each of you have your latitudes numbers on the ticket. If not they will assign a new number and you will have two accounts. This takes some time to be corrected.

Regards

Dan

I had an issue with being credited for cruises taken. My wife was platinum and I was silver. Be careful that each of you have your latitudes numbers on the ticket. If not they will assign a new number and you will have two accounts. This takes some time to be corrected.

Regards

Dan

Ran into this situation a few times when booking online with various online travel entities... You have to be sure to get your latitudes number on your reservation ...

Regards

Dan

Don't ever ask for a new latitude card. They automatically give you a new membership date. I ran into that when I asked for a new card. The new one had a membership date of when (month/year) I requested it. About a 4 year difference.

I don't like the metal convention. Since they are on a gemstone kick with names they should use (of course) gemstone naming tiers. :p

Amber = bronze

Jade = silver

Sapphire = gold

Diamond = platinum

Ruby = extra class for over 30 cruises completed. :eek:

We have 4 NCL cruises completed (Bronze) with the 5th in Sept.

Actually, they should count cruise days not number of cruises. Why should a 1 night cruise count the same as a 11 night cruise? :confused:

Anyway, this is fun ...

Proud Platinum here! Do not think I bought into any program. I received platinum status the old fashioned way..."I earned it" by sailing the Jewel, the Sun 5x, the Spirit, the Sea 2x, the Majesty 2x, the Sky, the Norway, the Wind 2x and the Leeward.

I am also repeat passenger status on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Princess...but do not know the color or level...nor do I care! hehehe

I will admit though, after sailing Princess in April, I have decided that I will stay with NCL until I stray again to remind myself why I stay with NCL...

Coka

My Mother and I have been Cruising exclusively NCL since 1999 trying to take two cruises a year. We reached Platinum level on our New year's cruise on the Dawn.

We love NCl's Freestyle cruising and that is one of the main reasons we continue to cruise with NCL. We like the relaxed atmosphere and not having to feel we have to get dressed up. The freestyle dining is great!. When we first started cruising we found the late seating a bit too late and the early seating way to early. On one cruise we had tablemates that were not the best, a group who always showed up late and more than a little bit tipsy. The waiter had to wait until everyone was at the table and it was a bit of a drag.

We generally book an inside cabin, preferring to cruise more often then in a fancy room, afterall, we do not spend much time in the room. On our last cruise we really enjoyed the "treats" that showed up everyday. We were also treated to a dinner in the Bistro wich was great!.

We live in New York City, which is another reason we are so loyal to NCL. It takes about 20 minutes for us to get to the pier and then the vacation begins!. We are leaving on the Spirit Saturday the 19th for a much vacation. We are coutnting the days!. I hope NCL continues to sail from New York in the coming years

I don't like the metal convention. Since they are on a gemstone kick with names they should use (of course) gemstone naming tiers. :p

Since the quoted comment is the top one of the page it has an ad on it. When I read this particular posting, the ad was for rings - diamond, ruby, emerald and sapphire. I thought that was pretty funny.

Shoreguy, thanks for the poll. It is very interesting to see the levels. I just wish more CCers would post their levels. :confused:

I thought 234 responses is pretty good (so far) considering alot of people are only active here just before and just after a cruise... :)

I thought 234 responses is pretty good (so far) considering alot of people are only active here just before and just after a cruise... :)

I agree - How many regular members do you think there are on the NCL board. I think looking at the list of name we have a large percentage included. The fact that the % breakdown has remained just about the same from the beginning makes the poll data pretty good.

So of the most avid NCL cruisers less then 20% fall in top tiers. And most as I would have expected fall into the 1-4 bucket. 4 cruises is a lot for most people.

I can see why there would not be that many elite passengers on any ship had it not been for the buy in program. What is the average roll call. A few get large 50 to 100 members. Many have a handful. Many cruises none at all. If you say 20 that adds 4 passengers to the vip list. I have no idea how to breakdown the rest of the passegers but in the worst case at least 1/2 of the passengers are not even latitudes members.

I too think the poll is interesting, but wonder if there is any way to extrapolate these numbers to a real sailing.

The numbers here do not translate - most of the time on any ship 50%-75% are first time NCL passengers.

If you add 500 to the first time total you end up with less the 1% VIP level perhaps 22 passengers.

We are Silver with a purchased Platinum and two more platinum cruises to go.

I have cruised 6 times on NCL but my last NCL cruise was in 2002 so I'm not up to speed on their levels. I've read a couple of comments about "purchased Platinun". What does this mean? I just booked the Pearl for a back to back in October so I'm wondering if this is something I might want to look into.

Thx

Carolyn

Archived