What is your Lattitudes Level  

414 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Lattitudes Level

• Going on first NCL Ship - not a member yet
    • Bronze - 1 to 4 cruises completed
    • Silver - 5 to 8 cruises completed
    • Gold - 9 to 13 completed
    • Platinum - 14 plus cruises completed

I have cruised 6 times on NCL but my last NCL cruise was in 2002 so I'm not up to speed on their levels. I've read a couple of comments about "purchased Platinun". What does this mean? I just booked the Pearl for a back to back in October so I'm wondering if this is something I might want to look into.

Thx

Carolyn

The purchase option is a long gone failed program. Basicly you paid in advance for a cruise you could book in the future and you got some perks, an obc, and hotel discount vouchers. It was only rolled out as a trial for a few months on one or two ships.

The Platinum Bonus program was good while it lasted. I believe NCL felt they had a better chance of getting people in by changing it from a $3000 buy-in to a $250 advanced cruise deposit.

With all the problems the Platinum Bonus program had, it worked out great that they just went ahead and "grandfathered" the buyers into platinum permanently.

The Platinum Bonus program was good while it lasted. I believe NCL felt they had a better chance of getting people in by changing it from a $3000 buy-in to a $250 advanced cruise deposit.

With all the problems the Platinum Bonus program had, it worked out great that they just went ahead and "grandfathered" the buyers into platinum permanently.

...thus diluting one of the better loyalty programs.

PE

PE

Agreed ;) - funny thing you can in certain cases buy into more travel perks. In the NCL case you save money and get more perks. I was platinum on Continental but the next year fell short. They offered me a one time option of paying $500 more to retain the perks for only the following year.

PE

hmmm... sounds like sour grapes. NCL has now assured our patronage by jumping us from our eight cruise status (I think it was Silver) to Platinum.

Other than gleefully taking $3000 from us for a service we didn't have immediate plans to use, what have they given up? What has any 15 or 20 cruise passenger sacrificed by having "new money" members in the club? The free dinner at Le Bistro, a few plates of salmon snacks, and the couple of bottles of wine, don't cut one bit off of a (pre offer) Platinum member.

hmmm... sounds like sour grapes. NCL has now assured our patronage by jumping us from our eight cruise status (I think it was Silver) to Platinum.

Other than gleefully taking $3000 from us for a service we didn't have immediate plans to use, what have they given up? What has any 15 or 20 cruise passenger sacrificed by having "new money" members in the club? The free dinner at Le Bistro, a few plates of salmon snacks, and the couple of bottles of wine, don't cut one bit off of a (pre offer) Platinum member.

This poll was started as a result of a number of threads discussing the VIP services that have sometimes been lost to gold and platinum latitudes passengers because the concierge can't service everyone.

Nope, not sour grapes at all. It was simply an observation about NCL creating one of the better loyalty programs amongst cruise lines and then turning around and making no better than any other line. I am sure NCL will innovate something new for the "longtime" loyal passengers.

I am not quite sure what your "new money" statement means...but if it is to insinuate that the "real" Platinum members are stodgy old curmudgeons that could not be further from the truth. If that is NOT what you meant then never mind.:rolleyes:

PE

We are going on the NCL Sun to Alaska June 10/07. This will be our 5th. NCL Cruise completed. This will put us in the next level. Will this give us any discounts for our next cruise? We are thinking of going on the Pride of Aloha Feb. 08 to Hawaii. We are thinking of the 10 day for Feb. 13/08. Is this the best bet or should we look at another ship.

Here's an interesting question. I booked my January cruise on the Pearl as 14 days (and it was offered that way. During the same time period, on the same ship, they are selling a 5 day and a 9 day. Does my cruise count as 1 or 2 cruises?:confused:

Here's an interesting question. I booked my January cruise on the Pearl as 14 days (and it was offered that way. During the same time period, on the same ship, they are selling a 5 day and a 9 day. Does my cruise count as 1 or 2 cruises?:confused:

Unless you booked it as two separate cruises, it will only count as one.

Unless you booked it as two separate cruises, it will only count as one.

Hmmm...So my 45 days of cruising on NCL will count as 3 cruises. It's a good thing I don't see much benefit in gaining levels! :D

Hmmm...So my 45 days of cruising on NCL will count as 3 cruises. It's a good thing I don't see much benefit in gaining levels! :D

That it will - now you could have booked it as 6 separate cruises paided 50% more to get a free dinner at the Bistro for being Platinum sooner:eek: :D :D

We're doing the same type of B2B cruise on the Jewel, and we booked it as 1 cruise. Just for fun, I compared the costs of the cruise when booked separately versus when booked as 1 cruise. Using the AF minisuite as a comparison ('cause that's what we booked), it would cost us $450.00 more today to book the trip as two separate cruises.

We're doing the same type of B2B cruise on the Jewel, and we booked it as 1 cruise. Just for fun, I compared the costs of the cruise when booked separately versus when booked as 1 cruise. Using the AF minisuite as a comparison ('cause that's what we booked), it would cost us $450.00 more today to book the trip as two separate cruises.

Actually, when I booked the Pearl, it would have cost $10 more. The price didn't matter but being sure to remain in the same stateroom did.

;)

I have never gotten a journal or a frame :mad:

Yikes' date=' if [i']you [/i]don't get one, what chance do the rest of us have?!!! BTW, I just got to Silver on my back-to-back Pearl cruises. Very fun to get the goodies in the room.

I got one :D The DHL guy dropped it off yesterday - a very nice Latitudes Coach frame :) Go figure :cool:

Frame? What frame?

I was spring cleaning last weekend and I found a square gold NCL pin with a little zirchonia chip on it. It is in a nice jewelry case in a cute little box. I do not remember when I got it. Anyone else get one?

Coka

Archived