What is your Lattitudes Level  

414 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Lattitudes Level

• Going on first NCL Ship - not a member yet
    • Bronze - 1 to 4 cruises completed
    • Silver - 5 to 8 cruises completed
    • Gold - 9 to 13 completed
    • Platinum - 14 plus cruises completed

I did ask the question and it was actual platinums. She (Latitudes representative) said that was the most she had ever had on one sailing. She thought the average was between 4 and 8.

PE

When we were on the Pearl in Feb. we received a private invitation to dine in Le Bistro as one of the benefits. On the TA we had had a "group dinner" (Shoreguy was there). So when I was talking to the Latitudes rep. about it, he said they simply couldn't manage that again as there were 38 Platinums aboard.

I don't think he was including spouses and SO's in the equation.

We sure bumped into a lot of them.

He was probably including both those who earned as well as bought Plat.

No idea on how many Golds there were.

p.s. Us2, we've never received the picture frame or journal I've seen mentioned and we've been on a lot of ships. Just the initial "gold pin."

We've now completed 4 cruises so are still Bronze but will be Silver when we arrive in Barcelona on the Gem in October and then another 2 booked. We will get to Platinum one day but it will take a while! DS will be another unhappy child when he realises his 3 completed cruises don't count.

We have completed 4 cruises so are currently Bronze, but after our cruise next month on the Pearl, we'll be Silver!:)

Us too, Bruno! Boy, we should be traveling together. :) haha Just one week apart!

Actually - I should say that I'll be Silver after our June cruise, my husband will be Bronze still. I have 2 cruises on him (I'm the one who got him hooked). :D

In fact, if the total of latitude members of all levels was ever 700 or more, that is fairly significant on most ships and cruises. I have been on a few cruises of my 11 where they had to have two latitudes gatherings, but the Captain's Cocktail Party for gold/platinum level was only 25 or 30 people not counting staff.

I was on a Panama Canal cruise on which there were so many Latitudes members they had to hold the "party" in the Stardust Lounge (show theater). Waitstaff were walking up and down the aisles with trays of drinks. It was hilarious.

Fortunately, the Man in Charge on that voyage was Captain Fafalios, the most charming man on the seven seas, and he actually managed to make everyone feel welcome and appreciated even in a gigantic showroom. I really do believe I have a crush on that man.

After our cruise this Sunday on the Majesty, we move on up to "silver." Yahoo. LOL

My question is why on other lines that you book a suite or above, you get credit to two cruises. If this were the case here, we be "gold" after this cruise.

We're gold -- and didn't pay for the status.

Barb, sorry to hear you haven't received any journals yet -- they're really nice! We actually got two of them on our Spirit cruise (makes sense since we're both Gold), but only one on our recent Dawn cruise. Joe didn't care, since he won't use it anyway...

Hi Charlie!!:p Take good care of the Majesty for us!!

Barb, sorry to hear you haven't received any journals yet -- they're really nice! We actually got two of them on our Spirit cruise (makes sense since we're both Gold), but only one on our recent Dawn cruise. Joe didn't care, since he won't use it anyway...

I have never gotten a journal or a frame :mad:

Of course you paid for it... just one cruise at a time rather than a lump sum. :)

I have never gotten a journal or a frame :mad:

Yikes, if you don't get one, what chance do the rest of us have?!!! BTW, I just got to Silver on my back-to-back Pearl cruises. Very fun to get the goodies in the room.

Shoreguy,

We had between 1400 and 1600 lattitudes members onboard the Panama cruise. They had two parties to handle the numbers. Majority were silver and above with the most being gold. :) Bought or earned, no idea;)

Shoreguy,

We had between 1400 and 1600 lattitudes members onboard the Panama cruise. They had two parties to handle the numbers. Majority were silver and above with the most being gold. :) Bought or earned, no idea;)

Not that I don't believe you but I find that unbelievable;) I have been on many cruises with two packed latitudes parties. Once they get to who has 10 or more cruises the number of hands in the air is not many:)

You must have hit the perfect storm - new ship first transit of the canal - a frequent cruisers dream.

Sounds like my kids! They've been on two NCL cruises and want their recognition, too! I did go to the Port and Cruise person last time and she gave me pins for them. Actually, I had to get all four because our Latitudes letter was by itself, no pins attached.

This thread is a great idea, btw. I've always been curious. :)

Our kids, currently age 9 and 14 have been on 6 cruises. They have Latitude numbers and have always received pins.

Our kids, currently age 9 and 14 have been on 6 cruises. They have Latitude numbers and have always received pins.

My kids have Latitudes numbers but I keep getting conflicting info on whether or not their "kid price" cruises build up over time. I can see the reasoning since it's a reduced price. Way reduced. But when people get a whole credit for a one night cruise I want their 7 day cruises to count! :)

SAME HERE...WE GO ON MAJESTY IN MAY AND DAWN IN OCT.....:)

You're a fellow Majesty lover like me! I'm shooting for the Dawn this winter. I hope it works out. Will you let us know what the ship is like? :)

Archived