What is your Lattitudes Level  

414 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Lattitudes Level

• Going on first NCL Ship - not a member yet
    • Bronze - 1 to 4 cruises completed
    • Silver - 5 to 8 cruises completed
    • Gold - 9 to 13 completed
    • Platinum - 14 plus cruises completed

I have to believe the members here represent a large portion of the Gold and Platinum members. It has been post that up to 700 onboard a cruise were at that level. I find that hard to believe. In 3 cruises since the program went into place the most Platinum members onboard was 8.

If we look at this poll keeping in mind the normal CC roll call has only about 50 members that leaves about 2400 passengers most of whom on every cruise are first time NCL cruisers.

We should have a huge percentage gap of G&P members here compared to the general population. We all may be surprised at how few Platinum members there are.

Those that bought into a temporary Gold or Platinum level please respond with your level earned based on number of cruises.

Have any of you Platinum members ever received the "Cross Picture Frame?"

I had read that was one of the perks, but once we got to Platinum, it didn't seem to be one of the gifts anymore.

(Could our board moderator kindly correct the spelling of "Latitudes" in the poll question?)

On the Jewel this last November there were 32 platinum members' date=' with one woman on her 42nd NCL cruise. On our Crown cruise, this last year, there were only 6 of us at the platinum level.

PE[/quote']

Keep in mind we are still dealing with the 100s that bought into the program. Was that 32 members or a total of 32 including those traveling with a Platinum member? Really trying to get a sense of how many have cruised more then 14 times on NCL. Most "normal":D people never cruise more then a handful of times in their life.

Bronze here -- but after my rapidly approaching Pearl cruise I'll be at silver :D .

I remember when you went on your first cruise on the Sea - you were sure before that it most likely would be a one time thing :D :D

Our upcoming Pride of Hawaii cruise in June will be our 3rd NCL cruise. Which one will be next???? I can't wait to make that decision!! Shoreguy, I'd bet you're correct in assuming that 'true' platinum members are rare; therefore, I feel compelled to keep cruising to reach that goal :D:D:D!

Sure, Shoreguy, rub in the fact that I was positive I wasn't going to like it :D . You should hear the folks at work laugh each time I start talking about another cruise......

Not only that, but now both the ladies that report to me have either taken or are thinking about taking cruises themselves. I've not only become addicted to cruising myself, but apparently it's contagious :eek: !

Keep in mind we are still dealing with the 100s that bought into the program. Was that 32 members or a total of 32 including those traveling with a Platinum member? Really trying to get a sense of how many have cruised more then 14 times on NCL. Most "normal":D people never cruise more then a handful of times in their life.

I did ask the question and it was actual platinums. She (Latitudes representative) said that was the most she had ever had on one sailing. She thought the average was between 4 and 8.

PE

There is no way there have ever been 700 gold/platinum level people on a single cruise unless it was some sort of wierd coincidence on a special latitudes only cruise. It's just not very likely at all... pure speculation. Being Gold level, I have been to all latitudes parties that I have been invited to, and usually they have people stand up for the number of cruises they have, and there is never more than a handful still standing after 10 cruises... This would tell me there are far fewer gold/platinum level people than silver and bronze.

In fact, if the total of latitude members of all levels was ever 700 or more, that is fairly significant on most ships and cruises. I have been on a few cruises of my 11 where they had to have two latitudes gatherings, but the Captain's Cocktail Party for gold/platinum level was only 25 or 30 people not counting staff.

I tend to agree with Shoreguy.

Have any of you Platinum members ever received the "Cross Picture Frame?"

I had read that was one of the perks, but once we got to Platinum, it didn't seem to be one of the gifts anymore.

(Could our board moderator kindly correct the spelling of "Latitudes" in the poll question?)

We received a very nice Coach picture frame on our Crown cruise. But, nothing on our Jewel cruise in November.

PE

Most "normal":D people never cruise more then a handful of times in their life.

Based upon the fact we are talking about NCL.cruising here on an online forum, "Normal" is certainly not part of the equation :D

I was kinda dissapointed with NCL on our "first cruise with them" My wife had cruised with them prior, as a 18th b-day present from her parents. For years we got lattitudes crap in the mail, and she even had a membership card.

when we booked for the dawn last march, they told her that her membership was invalid and we did not qualify for benefits because when the previous cruise STARTED..on the actual sail date, she was still 17.

Oh well, rules are rules, I guess. NCL is still the best!

I was kinda dissapointed with NCL on our "first cruise with them" My wife had cruised with them prior, as a 18th b-day present from her parents. For years we got lattitudes crap in the mail, and she even had a membership card.

when we booked for the dawn last march, they told her that her membership was invalid and we did not qualify for benefits because when the previous cruise STARTED..on the actual sail date, she was still 17.

Oh well, rules are rules, I guess. NCL is still the best!

My daughter (two cruises now... third in the works) was upset she wouldn't be considered a "latitudes" member as well... but, then again, how many kids her age have been twice already in their lives... She got over it. :D

My daughter (two cruises now... third in the works) was upset she wouldn't be considered a "latitudes" member as well... but, then again, how many kids her age have been twice already in their lives... She got over it. :D

Sounds like my kids! They've been on two NCL cruises and want their recognition, too! I did go to the Port and Cruise person last time and she gave me pins for them. Actually, I had to get all four because our Latitudes letter was by itself, no pins attached.

This thread is a great idea, btw. I've always been curious. :)

I'll be Silver by the end of May!

BTW, we (fiance & I) purchased the Platinum Rewards together and he has been given a permanent Platinum designation as confirmed by NCL.

Does not surprise me even though the program clearly stated that was not the case. I bet they have no easy way to sort thru the database and determine who flagged as Platinum earned it or purchased it ;) It would have to be a manual labor intensive process. Not work the onshore NCL staff wants to deal with. Let the ships deal with a few 100 more elite level members :)

Does not surprise me even though the program clearly stated that was not the case. I bet they have no easy way to sort thru the database and determine who flagged as Platinum earned it or purchased it ;) It would have to be a manual labor intensive process. Not work the onshore NCL staff wants to deal with. Let the ships deal with a few 100 more elite level members :)

I was told the same thing onboard the Dawn last month. The Gold or Platinum status purchased last year through the cruise rewards program was permanent. And I agree with your explanation. It is a disappointment for those who actually earned it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that a good many of the 100s of those who bought Platinum status were already suite passengers or well on their way to earning it anyway. Not a big drain on NCL resources.

I would be more concerned with the 1000s of new Gold Latitudes members.

I was told the same thing onboard the Dawn last month. The Gold or Platinum status purchased last year through the cruise rewards program was permanent. And I agree with your explanation. It is a disappointment for those who actually earned it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that a good many of the 100s of those who bought Platinum status were already suite passengers or well on their way to earning it anyway. Not a big drain on NCL resources.

I would be more concerned with the 1000s of new Gold Latitudes members.

All I can say is one of the folks who works for me purchased the Platinum package on the Dawn in Feb 2006 - their first cruise on NCL. :rolleyes:

Archived