Anytime Dining: Dinner, Show, then Dessert?

AlaskaGolden

We have Anytime Dining on our upcoming cruise to Alaska. Some in our group were wondering if we can go to dinner at 6 PM in the Anytime Dining Room, then go to the early, 8 PM or so, Show, and then come back to the Anytime Dining Room around 9:30 PM for dessert?

I know we can go to the Buffet (Horizon) for dessert anytime, but some would like to have dessert served to them in the dining room! :)

THANKS!

That sure would be nice! I often am pretty full after dinner and dessert and coffee later would be very nice.

Does anyone know if they would let you take a dessert to go from the dining room to enjoy later?

Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread.

We have Anytime Dining on our upcoming cruise to Alaska. Some in our group were wondering if we can go to dinner at 6 PM in the Anytime Dining Room, then go to the early, 8 PM or so, Show, and then come back to the Anytime Dining Room around 9:30 PM for dessert?

I know we can go to the Buffet (Horizon) for dessert anytime, but some would like to have dessert served to them in the dining room! :)

THANKS!

I would not se why not. :)

I have also taken dessert back to my cabin.

Nope. you gotta go to the Horizon Court and pick it up. You can then take it all over the place. Perhaps, your cabin or the Wheelhouse bar with a night cap.

Do go to the Horizon Court for dessert after the last show! You will see the skinny dancers going through the buffet like locusts. They can't eat before the show due to their extreme level of physical activity. They go up top late after the last show. It's really fun to see them!:)

Do go to the Horizon Court for dessert after the last show! You will see the skinny dancers going through the buffet like locusts. They can't eat before the show due to their extreme level of physical activity. They go up top late after the last show. It's really fun to see them!:)
I agree. They also go up to Skywalkers and have a drink or two.

....come back to the Anytime Dining Room....for dessert? QUOTE]

On our last 11-dayer on the Dawn we discovered a little something. Between 10:00PM and 10:30PM, the specialty deserts not used in Sterling’s, were put out on one side of Lido.

Didn’t plan the night’s activity around this, but knowing the timetable gave us the opportunity for some premium deserts a couple of times during the cruise.

THANKS!

.....so.....some in your group think the waiters won't mind setting the table the third time......at 9:30........when they are closing down the dining room........:rolleyes:

.....so.....some in your group think the waiters won't mind setting the table the third time......at 9:30........when they are closing down the dining room........:rolleyes:

Never thought of that! :eek: Then again, they are there to serve us! ;)

Thank you for all the responses. After reading them all, I'm still not sure this is something people do. I like the idea of Sabatini's for dessert for $4.00 since we don't plan to eat a full dinner there. Also, getting the Sterling "leftovers" sounds good too!

Thank you again,

They only serve people twice between 5pm and 10pm?? :confused:

9:30?? You can walk in and eat right up to 10:00pm. :rolleyes:

We do this all the time...it is a favorite part of anytime dining for us. For the record...the tables are already set, the waitstaff is there, and for us to go in an order ice cream for dessert at a table for two at 9:45 does not cause a great additional burden for a waitstaff still delivering the dinner menu to new arrivals at that time.

We quite often go to the dining room for desert after the early show. We tell the door person we only want desert and they seat us at a table that has not been totally reset. It's no big deal.

they seat us at a table that has not been totally reset.

What does that mean? What's left off the table, the glasses maybe?

I don't know that the waiters would care one way or another whether you are there for desert or a full meal.

What does that mean? What's left off the table, the glasses maybe?

I don't know that the waiters would care one way or another whether you are there for desert or a full meal.

Not a full table setting with all the silverware, plates glasses etc. :)

Thanks to the OP for asking this question and to all of those who replied without sarcasm or judgment. The suggestions here are very helpful for those of us who are using personal choice dining for the first time. I learned some great tips from this thread!

...but would it be possible for some of us 'traditional' diners to skip our desert at early seating and then pop into one of the anytime dining rooms at 9pm or so, (if they aren't too busy) to have a nice served desert?

Is there a 'secret sign' you have to give as proof you are an 'anytme' diner?:o

We do this all the time...it is a favorite part of anytime dining for us. For the record...the tables are already set, the waitstaff is there, and for us to go in an order ice cream for dessert at a table for two at 9:45 does not cause a great additional burden for a waitstaff still delivering the dinner menu to new arrivals at that time.

We quite often go to the dining room for desert after the early show. We tell the door person we only want desert and they seat us at a table that has not been totally reset. It's no big deal.

THANK YOU to WeBeGone and PescadoAmarillo! You've made some people in our group very happy! :D Personally, I would have been OK to have gone to the Horizon Buffet after the early show, but the others were saying they may have already eaten breakfast and lunch in the Horizon, and wanted to be served dessert in the dining room. Again, thank you!

...but would it be possible for some of us 'traditional' diners to skip our desert at early seating and then pop into one of the anytime dining rooms at 9pm or so, (if they aren't too busy) to have a nice served desert?

Is there a 'secret sign' you have to give as proof you are an 'anytme' diner?:o

No, you can not use the anytime dining rooms at any time if you have traditional dining.

kodidog - Even if you're just going to have desert, they still check your cruise card to make sure you are an anytime diner.

On Italian night, we always stop by for a late limoncello (or 2 or 3:D ) and dessert. :)

What a WONDERFUL Idea......just add a Cappacino and I'm in Heaven :D :p :D

kodidog - Even if you're just going to have desert, they still check your cruise card to make sure you are an anytime diner.

On Italian night, we always stop by for a late limoncello (or 2 or 3:D ) and dessert. :)

Thanks to the OP for asking this question and to all of those who replied without sarcasm or judgment. The suggestions here are very helpful for those of us who are using personal choice dining for the first time. I learned some great tips from this thread!

I was just wondering the other day if we'd be able to go to the dining room just for dessert after eating dinner in the buffet (on the rare evening when the dinner menu might night appeal to us) Sounds like it shouldn't be a problem if it's pretty quiet. We'll probably end up in personal choice because we are number 310 on the traditional dining wait list. If we do end up in traditional, of course we realize that it would be unfair to our tablemates to only show up for dessert. Even if the menu didn't appeal, I'd show up at traditional for every night's dinner.

Two months now until our cruise. Maybe we'll meet up on board Mary (karatemom2)

Jackie

Thanks Webegone, for the definitive reply. Not having done personal choice dining, I did not realize that your cruise card has your dining arrangement on it. Will just have to STUFF that desert in after the big dinner, as usual!

I do envy all of you who will stop into the dining rooms to have that nice late night sweet treat though.... :D

Archived