Bar Set up allowed?

We will be taking our first cruise on RCCL and was wondering if they allow a Bar Setup for your room? Example is NCL. You can pre-pay $40 to have a bottle of vodka delivered to your room on the first day of sailing (Paid in advance at least two weeks prior).

If they do not have Bar setups do they allow 'Services' to deliver to the ship such as a going away gift?

Thanks

I have never seen anything where there is a specific "set up". For the vodka, you can buy a bottle on the ship and pay a $9 fee and bring it to your room.

For wine, They have a wine and cheese tray and you "may" be able to get wine via room service, not 100% sure on that.

On our last RCL cruise (last year) we ordered the wine package for the week. My husband had a bottle of the wine delivered each evening to the room. Our steward put it on ice for us each evening. We also were given some glasses that we could use each evening in the room. We were also given the option of bringing the unfinished wine we ordered at dinner to our cabin. I'm not sure about liquor though. Maybe someone else will know the answer to that. I think I brought a small bottle with me on the trip. I never made a dent in it though because it was always more convenient to just order a drink when we were out.....Good luck on your first cruise...I know you are going to absolutely love it!

For what its worth I brought on a bottle of jack daniels in my luggage bubble wrapped not in my carry-on but it was checked in with the rest of my luggage and it showed up at my room so it's worth trying to bring some on board verses paying for it. my wife and I like to have a cocktail before dinner, and it was worth the effort, we sailed out of Bayonne N.J hopefully this helps you out

Whoa, there is a bit of out of date information here.

The $9 fee to take a bottle to the room is no longer available. RCI doesn't offer an option to order a bottle of your favorites in the room. They should.

jc

the onboard store sells booze that is delivered to your room the last night for you to take home. Good luck getting it in the luggage to safely arrive when you open it at home.

With the free booze for Diamond/Plus mmebers we no longer bring a bottle with us. But I noticed no one having booze out for all to see unl ess it was a GAP gift for groups onboard that get the wine & cheese package delivered. We never drank the wine so that went home with us in the luggage wrapped in 2 sweatshirts. Merlot won!

Gifts are allowed, but sometimes the hard liquor is removed according to recent posts on the subject. You can do a search for Just Because of You, a favorite among cruisers on this board for wine/liquor "gifts". It is absolutley ridiculous that RCI will not just sell you a bottle of liquor for on board comsumption. I know both Princess and NCL will and I believe HAL as well. We always bring our own in checked luggage.

I have never seen anything where there is a specific "set up". For the vodka, you can buy a bottle on the ship and pay a $9 fee and bring it to your room.

For wine, They have a wine and cheese tray and you "may" be able to get wine via room service, not 100% sure on that.

Whoa, there is a bit of out of date information here.

The $9 fee to take a bottle to the room is no longer available. RCI doesn't offer an option to order a bottle of your favorites in the room. They should.

jc

jc is correct..........when they changed the drinking age to 21, the eliminated the purchase of liquor that can be taken to your cabin. Anything purchased in the store on the ship will be delivered to your cabin the night before debarkation.

jc is correct..........when they changed the drinking age to 21, the eliminated the purchase of liquor that can be taken to your cabin. Anything purchased in the store on the ship will be delivered to your cabin the night before debarkation.

Just to be completely accurate, :D, these two things were NOT simultaneous.

The elimination of the $9 fee for in-cabin consumption of alcohol purchased in the store on board was on August 5, 2005.

The change of the drinking age to 21 was last summer. (But I don't remember the exact date for that! ;))

Our last two cruises we had a basket waiting from our TA with a botttle of Tequila two glasses,two limes and a nice basket with beautiful bows oh and a package of salt .We had no problems. Ruth

One of my favourite subjects: in a word..NO. RCI will not let you have a bottle of alcohol (spirits) in your cabin, period. You can try and smuggle or order through a 3rd party however if they find it, it's gone.

Call Just because of you 1-800-882-9707 I ordered a bottle of tequila and 2 cases of wine coolers. It is just smart not to leave them out in plain sight. They are allowed the cruise ship takes $5 from every delivery.

Archived