Celebrity Suites - PhotoShow

cruisedoctor

Chrismch, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 for photo editing. The text, animations, etc. are part of PhotoShow Deluxe 4.0.

You commented in your original post about wanting to do "professional quality" presentations. Don't over look the importance of starting with good quality photos, because editing software can only do so much. I use a 8 megapixel camera (that was the highest available when it was purchased). The quality of the finished product is only as good as that of it's weakest component.

Hope that helps!

WOW!! Your photos are amazing! I booked a CS on Infinity Alaska and wanted to know if the suite is big enough for a cocktail party for 17 people (incl. 2 kids). Especially I wanted to know if it's got enough seats. By looking at your photo, I think we can manage. All my family can snuggle each other and enjoy the gorgeous view. Your galcier photos are unbelievable! I never expected to see such things. I'm looking forward to my first family cruise and our first Alaska trip!

Aaron, what a great video, thanks for sharing it.

I was just on the Summit in Celebrity Suite 6104 for 13-night West Coast/Alaska cruise and all I can say is, this was the best cruise we have taken so far.

Not only was the scenery just breathtaking, but the suite was fabulous.

For all those who have not seen Alaska yet, if you can save up for this cruise in this wonderful Celebrity Suite. It's something you will not forget.

Hubby and I started cruising in 2002 and we started with inside cabins, then we tried an oceanview and balcony, but now there's no turning back.

I've cruised Canada/New England a few years ago in an inside cabin and I want to do this cruise again. If the itinerary is right, I'll be booking the Celebrity Suite for this one as well.

I hope that the Solstice class will have these wonderful suites as well. I've read that Holland will have two new ships with floor to ceiling windows in the future...hope Celebrity does the same.

Thanks again for that great video and I'm going back to see the rest you made.

• 5 weeks later...

I litearlly just found this post while searching to find an ansewr to my dilema and you seem to be the person who could help me make up my mind - hopefully!

Here goes - we have booked and paid for CC 6136 (bigger than standard balcony) and were happy with this. NOw a GTY SS has come available and we're in a dilema as to whether to switch.

SS cabins are showing sold out at the moment but CS are showing available so I'm thinking the chances are we would end up witha CS.

We sailed Alaska before and LOVED our Grand Suite with balcony on RCCL - we used the balcony daily even though it was in September and cold - would we really miss the balcony if we were assigned a CS?? What is your experience?

Thanks for ANY advice!

PS, I'm on very slow dial up so I'm loading your slideshow as we speak!

OnlyMe, that is a difficult question to answer. My personal philosophy is to book the category and specific stateroom that you are going to be most happy with.

People book a GTY usually for one of two reasons. (1) They are trying to save money...and the GTY is usually less expensive than a cabin assignment in that category. And/Or (2) They are gambling that they will be assigned a higher category of room than which they have paid.

Since I don't know why you are considering the SS GTY it is difficult to best advise you. My past experience, with booking clients on Celebrity with a GTY, is that they end up in the category that the GTY was purchased. (i.e., they purchase as SS GTY and they ended up being assigned into a Category SS) Now that is not to say this is always the case...just my recolecction of past client's experiences. So I wouldn't get my hopes up that you are going to get a CS assignment when booking a SS GTY.

Usually the prices of an SS are quite a bit higher than a CC, and the only real difference is slightly more square footage and butler service. If the price of the SS GTY in your case is close to the CC you currently have, and you aren't fussy about which SS you might be assigned than it might be a good deal. Although, the particular CC you currently have is a nicer one because it's location and large balcony.

Whether you would be happy with a CS is dependent on why/how you use the balcony of a balcony stateroom. If you are a sun fanatic who likes to lie out on the balcony all day long, or to comune with nature, than you might miss one with the CS (since CS doesn't have a balcony). On the other hand, if you are like my family, who doesn't actually spend much time outdoors on the balcony, but likes the large amount of glass on that outside wall (which opens up the room) than you would like the CS.

Of the 70+ cruises that we have taken, all but the first few have been in balcony staterooms. At first we were a little leary about doing a 14 night cruise without one. But, once we were aboard ship, not only didn't we miss the balcony, but that wall of panoramic windows was so impressive, that if it weren't for the high cost of a CS, we would certainly book on every time. You get all the "visual" benefits of sitting on a balcony...without having to put up with the elements.

This is a very personal decision. If you talk to enough people you will likely find as many who would miss the benefits of being able to go outside in one's "personal space", as those who like the comfort of a controlled environment with a wonderful vista.

I hope this helps you. The CC you are in is probably the most sought after location, second only to the aft facing CC's. However, if you "need" a butler than you might want to do the SS GTY gamble.

Aaron

Thanks for the Summit 7138 & Connie 6147 shows. They brought good memories as we have actually stayed on both of them. Also, all the praise you received for the shows is very well deserved - they are excellent quality.

OnlyMe, that is a difficult question to answer. My personal philosophy is to book the category and specific stateroom that you are going to be most happy with.

People book a GTY usually for one of two reasons. (1) They are trying to save money...and the GTY is usually less expensive than a cabin assignment in that category. And/Or (2) They are gambling that they will be assigned a higher category of room than which they have paid.

Since I don't know why you are considering the SS GTY it is difficult to best advise you. My past experience, with booking clients on Celebrity with a GTY, is that they end up in the category that the GTY was purchased. (i.e., they purchase as SS GTY and they ended up being assigned into a Category SS) Now that is not to say this is always the case...just my recolecction of past client's experiences. So I wouldn't get my hopes up that you are going to get a CS assignment when booking a SS GTY.

Usually the prices of an SS are quite a bit higher than a CC, and the only real difference is slightly more square footage and butler service. If the price of the SS GTY in your case is close to the CC you currently have, and you aren't fussy about which SS you might be assigned than it might be a good deal. Although, the particular CC you currently have is a nicer one because it's location and large balcony.

Whether you would be happy with a CS is dependent on why/how you use the balcony of a balcony stateroom. If you are a sun fanatic who likes to lie out on the balcony all day long, or to comune with nature, than you might miss one with the CS (since CS doesn't have a balcony). On the other hand, if you are like my family, who doesn't actually spend much time outdoors on the balcony, but likes the large amount of glass on that outside wall (which opens up the room) than you would like the CS.

Of the 70+ cruises that we have taken, all but the first few have been in balcony staterooms. At first we were a little leary about doing a 14 night cruise without one. But, once we were aboard ship, not only didn't we miss the balcony, but that wall of panoramic windows was so impressive, that if it weren't for the high cost of a CS, we would certainly book on every time. You get all the "visual" benefits of sitting on a balcony...without having to put up with the elements.

This is a very personal decision. If you talk to enough people you will likely find as many who would miss the benefits of being able to go outside in one's "personal space", as those who like the comfort of a controlled environment with a wonderful vista.

I hope this helps you. The CC you are in is probably the most sought after location, second only to the aft facing CC's. However, if you "need" a butler than you might want to do the SS GTY gamble.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Sorry I didn't reply before now!!

First of all, the reason I asked about switching is that the SS GTY was actually showing over $400 LESS than what we paid for CC 6136. In fact the SS GTY was actually showing a price of HALF that quoted to me back in January for a specific SS! Also, because the SS category staterooms are bigger It was actually enticing me. When I looked on the deck plans and read about different SS's I couldn't really find any that we would be unhappy with. BUT we were actually afraid we would NOT get a SS, thus having no balcony ... that is, until I uploaded your amazing slideshow!!! .... That clinched the deal - this would be the 'worst' we could end up with! Well I showed hubby the show and once he saw those amazing windows he said 'Go For It - we'll be happy in whatever we're assigned' ...so we did!

Anyways, just literally a few minues ago, I checked our reservation on the off chance that our cabin would be assigned (but not really thinking it would), well ...... you'll never guess......... We're assigned 8106!!!!!!! We're in a CS!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited!!!!!

So THANK YOU AARON - your slideshow was the deciding factor that convinced us to 'risk' it!!!!!

Now, is there anything I should know about being in our very first CS on our very first X sailing??!!!!:)

OnlyMe, I'm very happy that you were lucky enough to win the prize.

With so many hours of daylight up in Alaska at this time of year, might I suggest that on a few nights, you have the butler serve dinner in your suite. You can move the dining table over alongside the windows, and dine while viewing the beauty of Alaska as it passes by. He will serve you course by course just as if you were in the dining room.

There are 2 DVD players and a CD player in the suite. However, you will need to bring your own CD's. And, the ship's selection of DVD's is very poor. So, if you are inclinded to watch DVD's...bring your own.

While all that glass makes for wonderful viewing, when the sunlight is beating in, you will get a greenhouse effect. That is, the room can get very hot...and the air conditioning is not really designed to handle such a high load. I would suggest that when you aren't in the room (or not viewing out), during the time of day when the sun is coming in, that you close the drapes, to keep the room comfortably cool.

You are going to have a fantastic time...and will be spoiled for the rest of your cruising career.

Oh, and one last thing. Don't forget to go up to the buffet at breakfast, and have some of Celebrity's world famous, made to order waffles. My family and I always eat breakfast in the dining room (we like to be waited on and eat hot food). But, afterwards we go upstairs to get our daily dose of waffles.

Aaron

what a wonderful showing!

loved it

great job, thnx for sharing

we usually stay in a cs and have one booked for november

your show brought back fond memories and enhanced our anticipation for november

jim

FANTASTIC advice - thank you! We will definately keep those blinds closed when we are not in the room...HOWEVER ..... hubby has been heard quoting just this evening 'we'll be in the room a LOT' :D .

Will definately bring CD's and DVD's - will have to raid our friends stock for some new ones. I DEFINATELY plan to have dinner in-room at least once and were actually planning having breakfast there most mornings - we'll make sure we have room for some waffles afterwards though!.

Can I ask, did you have breakfast in-room at any stage? If so, did you request any of the 'CC' breakfast items?

Did you ask for any of the other CC amenities? eg pillows, towels etc? Was the bed comfy or should we ask for a topper and one last one - how was your butler?

Thanks again for your advice!

There are 2 DVD players and a CD player in the suite. However, you will need to bring your own CD's. And, the ship's selection of DVD's is very poor. So, if you are inclinded to watch DVD's...bring your own.

cruisedoctor, what a wonderful slidesho. Thanks for posting. Can you reconfirm the DVD players? I've got a CS on the Connie T/A this fall and the cabin description still states VCR. I thought it might be an issue with the Summit being updated before the Connie, but the Summit CS cabin description also states VCR. My travel agent has been unable to get X to confrim DVD players. It seems like they may have updated the suites and not told the marketing folks.

You can order just about anything for breakfest to your suite- including the wafles if you so desire. The butler will typically bring it to you withnin 5 minutes from the time you designate in the order form. Just write in what you want if it is not listed.

Of course you have all the choices that cc offers including dinner menu.

The stereo system in the suite is very good even though it does not necessary look so.

Enjoy your celebrity suite - we always do.

Thanks for posting these photos. We are cruising Alaska in August on Summit with our 2 year old daughter and have booked CS 6106. Your photos give us the comfort that our cabin choice was right. She will have space to play and see the views.

One Q if you don't mind. Do you recall if the Bose stereo play DVD's on the TV? I noted that the summary says that the cabin has a video - not a dvd. Seems unusual that the cabin would have plasma tv, so hopefully it's old info. Her favourite DVD's are much easier to pack than buying videos.

thanks

Nick

Hi, is anyone able to clarify regarding the internet terminal in the suite. We are booked on Celebrity Connie 10 March and considering an upgrade if the internet cost is included and/or, we could plug our laptop directly into the internet port in the cabin?

Thanks so much!

Regards,

Ash

In response to a few questions on the internet connection, DVD/VCR, etc:

My husband and I stayed in Infinity CS. His 2 nephews ended up sleeping in our cabin in the couch because my husband (IT guy) brought the wii and connected to the living room plasma TV.

Oddly, it's got 2 VCR in the living room & the bedroom, no DVD player. But we could have watched DVD using our laptop connected to the TV (though we didn't).

My husband couldn't find the right cable insert behind the TV, so called the butler. When we came back from dinner, it was connected correctly.

Toward the end of the cruise, my husband downloaded all my family's photos/videos onto his laptop and we all watched them on the TV at 4pm tea time. very nice!

Internet cost is not included. In Juneau when docked, we tried my husband's own cellular internet connection in the room and it worked. Only time we needed to go online was to get our royal caribbean membership # to get it trasferred to Celebrity captain's club. Royal caribbean website was free! (there's an icon in the bottom of the screen)

Archived