Celebrity Suites - PhotoShow

cruisedoctor

We recently returned from a 14-night stay in a Celebrity Suite on the Summit (#7138). I have produced a short PhotoShow to showcase this wonderful accommodation, for anyone who might be considering one.

In case you wondering, the "wall of windows" provides such spectacular vistas, that we didn't even miss our usual balcony.

Just click on the following link. If you have speakers turn them on, maximize any new windows that open, and select the largest viewing window if you have a fast connection. Enjoy!

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/nN7gb5Sj

P.S. While you are there, go ahead and enjoy some of the other cruise shows in my Travel Gallery.

Cruisedoctor

Thank you for the wonderful Photoshow!! :D The music choice was great too!

We are booked on the Summit for a B2B... Jan 5/08... 14 Night Eastbound Panama Canal cruise and Jan 19/08...7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise. We are really looking forward to this holiday and it's our first time on the Summit.

We aren't as lucky as you to get a Suite but will enjoy our balcony view.

Thanks again for sharing!

Pat :)

My 2 1/2 year-old son and I have been watching and dreaming! We're getting him ready for bed but he keeps chanting, "cruise ship, cruise ship", wanting to see more!

Thanks! We still have at least 1 1/2 years until we can cruise again on Celebrity!

Cheryl

Cruisedoctor:

That was a fantastic job on the pictures...Thank you so much for taking the time to post so we can enjoy. We leave on the Summit for Alaska on the 15th of June, however we have a CC class cabin with an extended balcony...a good cabin compared to the insides we usually take, but nothing compared to the cabin you show. But it truly gives us something to think about in the future. We will be on the Summit again May 08 on our Europe cruise. After that we look forward to booking Hawaii. That was a good pic of the lava in the water.

Thanks again. Happy Seas to ya.

Cruisedoctor

What a beautiful slide show, music very mystical too - cannot wait for our trip on Summit - wish it was in a Suite like yours, but alas the money 'fairy' could'nt make it that big:D

Thank you very much for sharing with us all

Lynda and Steve

WILL BE ABOARD SUMMIT IN NOV FOR CANAL TRIP...YOUR PICS WILL KEEP ME IN GREAT ANTICIPATION!!!!!

We recently returned from a 14-night stay in a Celebrity Suite on the Summit (#7138). I have produced a short PhotoShow to showcase this wonderful accommodation, for anyone who might be considering one.

In case you wondering, the "wall of windows" provides such spectacular vistas, that we didn't even miss our usual balcony.

Just click on the following link. If you have speakers turn them on, maximize any new windows that open, and select the largest viewing window if you have a fast connection. Enjoy!

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/nN7gb5Sj

P.S. While you are there, go ahead and enjoy some of the other cruise shows in my Travel Gallery.

Thanks for posting the great shots of the cabin. We will be in 7138 on the Connie in September for a Baltic cruise. Our first time in an X suite (other than CC) so we're VERY excited. And two whole weeks of being spolied .... what more can one hope for! :D

Barb

Have to ask...how long did it take to learn to do such a professional looking slide show? Where do I sign up? I would love to be able to a presentation like that for my personal pix and for business presentations.

CruiseDoctor: Thanks for posting the "PS" to give us a heads up on the other Travel Shows you have. I didnt see that part the last time when I viewed the Suite. I went back in and saw the other pics, expecially of the Glaciers flight seeing...they were great and have boosted my anticipation of our cruise to Alaska in 11 days. That is a great slide show program. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Your appreciation makes all the work that goes into producing one of these shows well worth all the time and effort. Thanks everyone, for all the kind words.

chrismch: Producing one of these photo shows is like making a movie. Just as a movie director will "story board" every scene of a movie during pre-production, so they know exactly how they want to direct each shot once they get on set. I begin by scripting out the "story line" of the show...before the first photo is even taken. That way, one is assured of having all the necessary shots one will need, during the actual production phase (after having returned home).

Keep in mind that there are also situations where you can't plan ahead, because you don't know the details of the subject matter. In those instances you have to write the story line in your mind, simultaneously while doing the actual photography. That's challenging, because you are trying to frame and shoot one picture, while your mind is deciding what else needs to be taken, in conjunction with what your shooting, in order to best tell your story. And, usually these are the situations which aren't static (i.e., either the subject is in motion; or you are being moved around; or you have no control over the set-up of the subject; or there's no second chance at a shot.).

But, the biggest secret to producing a professional looking product, is that you trully enjoy being creative, and find pleasure in the process.

For every person that has an opportunity to actually take their dream vacation, there are many others who have that same dream...but who lack the ability (for one reason or another) to actually fullfill it. It is for those folks, that I started to produce these shows. God, has blessed me with the opportunity to experience all these wonderful places and things...this is my way of sharing these gifts, with those who might otherwise not have the same opportunity.

A case in point, is my Glacier Flightseeing show. One of the main reasons that people take an Alaska cruise is to see the glaciers. I tell every one of my Alaska bound clients that THE only way to appreciate this wonder of nature, is to take an aerial excursion. Unfortunately, the cost of these helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft tours has increased substantially over the years (thanks to the steep liability insurance costs that the operators incur), and many people aren't in the financial position to take them. Many elderly, and physically challenged individuals elect cruising because it is such an easy form of travel. For these folks, cost might not be the deterrent, but rather a physical inabillity to board such an aircraft may preclude their taking such an excursion. Or, even if you able bodied and can afford it, bad weather might preclude any flights on the day of your visit. While it can never equal being there first hand, actually emeressed in the 360 degree experience, the photo show is certainly the next best thing for this group of individuals, who would otherwise have missed out on this breathtaking experience. (It's my favorite show.)

Once again, thanks for your appreciation. My hope is that everyone might someday be able to actually live their dreams.

cruisedoctor, I must add my thanks for the gorgeous pictures and music of Summit Celebrity Suite 7138. We're booked for that CS # on the Millennium 14 day cruise to Alaska Sept., 2008. I have never planned that far ahead but a few weeks after our March cruise to Hawaii I received an e-mail from Celebrity and the price was too good to pass up. I had to verify that it was valid it was so reasonable. Your photo show gave me my cruise "fix" just by watching the slideshow. The quality of your shots is quite professional.

Thank you for sharing your time, talent, and photos.

Archived