Who's Interested in Cruising on Mariner when it Repos to LA

[quote name='cruisenfever']Yeah, but 4:00AM is actually 7:00 EST..........so what's the problem?;) And I am sure there will be many from the right coast sailing the repo cruise/s.[/quote]

No, No - I mean if they pull her in at a decent hour into LA - you should have quite a crowd to welcome you. 4:00am, not so much. ;)

[quote name='isujim']More "Food" for thought...........how many lbs would one gain on a 45 day cruise?:eek:[/QUOTE]

When I told DH about this cruise, I said how about 30 days on a ship??? He seemed all for it when he piped in real fast, "OH, cripe I'll weight 300 lbs.". Wait till he finds out it just might be 45 days!!!! I'll guess, if I eat like I usually do on a cruise, 10 - 15 lbs. Yikes!!!

What's the longest anyone has sailed in one trip?
We have done 14 days on a B2B, just can't grasp 45 days yet.....:)

[CENTER][SIZE=4][B]:):)THE LIST UPDATED (by screen name):):)[/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[LEFT]Below is a list of those posters (in alphabetical order) that have expressed an interest in doing some portion (if not all) of a repo cruise on Mariner when it does get sent to the west coast in early 2009. If I have missed anyone, I apologize. Please let us know if you would like to be included.
[/LEFT]

The Mariner's pax capacity is 3,114.[LIST=1]
[*][FONT=Verdana]011959 [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]amybear912[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Annieeee[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Aquahound
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]ArizonaCruiser 85374 [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]BILL-WI [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]brn2crz[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Cat Girl
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]crazy4cruising [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]critterchick [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]cruisenfever [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]dagadet [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]diamond girl 000 [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]dramaqueen4lyfe [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]etc33 [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]forepaws [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]hobo 1937 [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]isujim [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]jules815 [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]kruz[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]lancelady
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]lawsoncd3[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]mamacat3
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]manuelstar[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]MAnewlyweds[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]massfriends
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]mcca [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Merion Mom [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]mommabean [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Nliedel [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Parrothead8 [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]PaulWN[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Ray in NH
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]rubrrick
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Sanbmet [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Sandel [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Shebbieal [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]shipknotshore [/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Sooner-b-Crusin[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Sue L[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]suzyluvs2cruise[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Sylvia and Rich[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]SylviaB
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]waf125[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]wine luvuh
[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]wl2cruise[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]Workmom2[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Verdana]zotzer
[/FONT][/LIST]

[quote name='isujim']More "Food" for thought...........how many lbs would one gain on a 45 day cruise?:eek:[/quote]
The heck with the pounds...........how many pairs of shoes!!

[quote name='suziehmkr']No, No - I mean if they pull her in at a decent hour into LA - you should have quite a crowd to welcome you. 4:00am, not so much. ;)[/quote]
I knew what you meant............I was just being sarcastic! Did you happen to find out what a JS is going for on the Mexican Riveria cruise?

[quote name='massfriends']When I told DH about this cruise, I said how about 30 days on a ship??? He seemed all for it when he piped in real fast, "OH, cripe I'll weight 300 lbs.". Wait till he finds out it just might be 45 days!!!! I'll guess, if I eat like I usually do on a cruise, 10 - 15 lbs. Yikes!!!

What's the longest anyone has sailed in one trip?
We have done 14 days on a B2B, just can't grasp 45 days yet.....:)[/quote]
We did 29 days last fall on Radiance........did Hawaii and then stayed on and did the PC with isujim. It was wonderful and we really didn't want to get off. I don't think we would have any problem with 45 days. Thing is you have to discipline yourself on how to eat.......and it really isn't difficult. Plus walking around deck and using the gym on occasion also helps.

Now...packing.......that just might be another problem. However, using the ships laundry might be the answer.

If I could do all 3 legs(which will not happen,Im sure),I would be wearing the same clothes over and over............if its Monday.black pants,white shirt....Tuesday.......white pants,black shirt....etc.........You get my drift....:p

And as far as food, after 45 days,I bet I would just want something like McDonalds....

[quote name='cruisenfever']I knew what you meant............I was just being sarcastic! Did you happen to find out what a JS is going for on the Mexican Riveria cruise?[/quote]

;) If I didn't live 7 hours away, I would be down there when she pulls in!!

Someone in my group booked a JS - this was her price including taxes:

1/2=$1895.76 PP
3/4=$845.76 PP
Total for 4=$5483.04

[quote name='Parrothead8']And as far as food, after 45 days,I bet I would just want something like McDonalds....[/quote]
Kathy - We did a 15 day a while ago... it took 5 days to get to Hawaii... and the kids screamed when they saw McDonalds. When we got to Maui - it was about 1/2 way into our two weeks and all we wanted was MEXICAN food, and I mean SPICY! :) Of course, the ONLY mexican restaurant in Lahaina was closed for remodeling. On the 14th day, we were blessed :rolleyes: with an entire day in Ensenada since we missed Kona and the kids ate at McDonalds and we ate the spiciest tacos we could find! :D That is my only complaint about ship cuisine is the lack of spice. But, I know that most don't like the spice - so it can't even really be a complaint, can it? I wouldn't like to even TRY to feed 3000 people a day and try to make them all happy. :eek:

[quote name='Parrothead8']If I could do all 3 legs(which will not happen,Im sure),I would be wearing the same clothes over and over............if its Monday.black pants,white shirt....Tuesday.......white pants,black shirt....etc.........You get my drift....:p

And as far as food, after 45 days,I bet I would just want something like McDonalds....[/quote]
I hear ya..............black and white with some red thrown in.

[quote name='suziehmkr'];) If I didn't live 7 hours away, I would be down there when she pulls in!!

Someone in my group booked a JS - this was her price including taxes:

1/2=$1895.76 PP
3/4=$845.76 PP
Total for 4=$5483.04

[/quote]
That's about what I figured and very comparable to what was offered in the Caribbean. Now, if they could just keep the repo's around that price.........that would be fantastic. But we know that won't happen.

Just had an email from our TA. Right now, since this is a one time shot repositioning over to the west coast.............RCI is still dealing with contracts for fueling and portings. Once they get all their planets aligned, we should hear something.

[quote name='Parrothead8']If I could do all 3 legs(which will not happen,Im sure),I would be wearing the same clothes over and over............if its Monday.black pants,white shirt....Tuesday.......white pants,black shirt....etc.........You get my drift....:p

And as far as food, after 45 days,I bet I would just want something like McDonalds....[/quote]

[B][COLOR=blue]Kathy, Funny you should mention McDonalds. When we did our BtoB Alaska Hawaii last year, we arrived in Hilo and all my DH wanted was some fast food. We ended up in Walmart which had a McDonalds. :D [/COLOR][/B]

We are currently booked on the Radiance b2b from Buenos Aires to San Diego in April 2009, but we will be looking at the Mariners itinerary. No long flights to South America is a real incentive! So you can put us down as a maybe.

How did you book a cruise for April 2009 when there no published yet? I would love to do that.....

:):)THE LIST UPDATED (by screen name):):)

Below is a list of those posters (in alphabetical order) that have expressed an interest in doing some portion (if not all) of a repo cruise on Mariner when it does get sent to the west coast in early 2009. If I have missed anyone, I apologize. Please let us know if you would like to be included.

The Mariner's pax capacity is 3,114.

1. 011959
  2. amybear912
  3. Annieeee
  4. Aquahound

5. ArizonaCruiser 85374
  6. BILL-WI
  7. brn2crz
  8. Cat Girl

9. crazy4cruising
  10. critterchick
  11. cruisenfever
  12. dagadet
  13. diamond girl 000
  14. dramaqueen4lyfe
  15. etc33
  16. forepaws
  17. hobo 1937
  18. isujim
  19. jules815
  20. kruz
  21. lancelady

22. lawsoncd3
  23. mamacat3

24. manuelstar
  25. MAnewlyweds
  26. massfriends

27. mcca
  28. Merion Mom
  29. mommabean
  30. Nliedel
  31. Parrothead8
  32. PaulWN
  33. Ray in NH

34. rubrrick

35. Sanbmet
  36. Sandel
  37. Shebbieal
  38. shipknotshore
  39. Sooner-b-Crusin
  40. Sue L
  41. suzyluvs2cruise
  42. Sylvia and Rich
  43. SylviaB

44. waf125
  45. wine luvuh

46. wl2cruise
  47. Workmom2

Please add me CrusingJoe. Maybe we can fill the ship and get a group rate, with free cabins?

If I could do all 3 legs(which will not happen,Im sure),I would be wearing the same clothes over and over............if its Monday.black pants,white shirt....Tuesday.......white pants,black shirt....etc.........You get my drift....:p

And as far as food, after 45 days,I bet I would just want something like McDonalds....

Let's not forget to figure laundry cost.........unless of course one has 45 pairs of undies.........:) and guys don't mix and match too well.........or if they do you can tell it:D

Better put us on the list as well. We will have to say GOODBYE !! to our ship. She was my first and you never forget your first.

Studiog1 - Blake & Denise

Won't be able to do all but we will do a portion.:)

All speculation at this time.........BUT, IF the Mariner does indeed get repositioned over to California...........the cruise would have to include going around the horn....since it just won't fit through the canal. RCI would most probably do it in segments........my guess is three.....

1. Florida to Sao Paulo Brazil
  2. Sao Paulo Brazil to Valparaiso Chile
  3. Valparaiso Chile to LA

So............anybody out there ready to take a cruise?

Count DH and I told my ta today to check on it for us

Please add me CrusingJoe. Maybe we can fill the ship and get a group rate, with free cabins?

Better put us on the list as well. We will have to say GOODBYE !! to our ship. She was my first and you never forget your first.

Patti-looks like you got your 50!!:D :D

All speculation at this time.........BUT, IF the Mariner does indeed get repositioned over to California...........the cruise would have to include going around the horn....since it just won't fit through the canal. RCI would most probably do it in segments........my guess is three.....

1. Florida to Sao Paulo Brazil
  2. Sao Paulo Brazil to Valparaiso Chile
  3. Valparaiso Chile to LA

So............anybody out there ready to take a cruise?

That would be a wonderful cruise and the major plus is seeing SA without the long flight. DH can do 2 flights, one from Pt. C and one from LAX....not the long hauls!

You all are now on my list!!

:):)THE LIST UPDATED (by screen name):):)

Below is a list of those posters (in alphabetical order) that have expressed an interest in doing some portion (if not all) of a repo cruise on Mariner when it does get sent to the west coast in early 2009. If I have missed anyone, I apologize. Please let us know if you would like to be included.

The Mariner's pax capacity is 3,114.

1. 011959
  2. amybear912
  3. Annieeee
  4. Aquahound

5. ArizonaCruiser 85374
  6. BILL-WI
  7. brn2crz
  8. buchie614

9. Cat Girl
  10. crazy4cruising
  11. critterchick
  12. cruisenfever
  13. CrusingJoe

14. dagadet
  15. diamond girl 000
  16. dramaqueen4lyfe
  17. etc33
  18. forepaws
  19. hobo 1937
  20. isujim
  21. jules815
  22. kruz
  23. lancelady

24. lawsoncd3
  25. mamacat3

26. manuelstar
  27. MAnewlyweds
  28. massfriends

29. mcca
  30. Merion Mom
  31. mommabean
  32. Nliedel
  33. Parrothead8
  34. PaulWN
  35. Ray in NH

36. rubrrick

37. Sanbmet
  38. Sandel
  39. Shebbieal
  40. shipknotshore
  41. Sooner-b-Crusin
  42. studiog1

43. Sue L
  44. suzyluvs2cruise
  45. Sylvia and Rich
  46. SylviaB

47. waf125
  48. wine luvuh

49. wl2cruise
  50. Workmom2
  51. zotzer

Let's not forget to figure laundry cost.........unless of course one has 45 pairs of undies.........:) and guys don't mix and match too well.........or if they do you can tell it:D

Heck, I'll just take my clothesline, my clothespins, my Tide and Downey and do my own laundry.............hang it on the balcony (on sea days)!!:p

Patti-looks like you got your 50!!:D :D

Thee are actually "51"!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived