Formal night pics

Sila

My cruise is coming up and I haven't purchased anything for formal night yet. I would like to see what the ladies are wearing, long gowns or tea length. I already feel like everyone will be staring since I will be there solo, I don't want to be over dressed or under dressed or I will feel even more out of place.

Any particular reason?

I was wondering the same thing, but, was reluctant to ask! Now that I know the reason, it makes complete sense. I'm sure you'll see a great range of formality and fashion on your sailing. Good luck!

oh, sorry, I didn't mean to be mysterious or offensive or anything to anyone. I'm just very excited and yet a little scared with each passing day as my trip draws near. Being my first cruise I just don't know what to expect. Just trying to think of everything ahead of time to make this trip relaxing and fun for myself. This is my first trip going anywhere alone. I just decided that I wasn't going to sit around and wait for anyone to be available to travel with me, so here I go... out there all alone! I know everything will work out fine, I'm just trying to cover all the bases. Ok, I will try to relax, but it's hard to concentrate at work when all I can think about is boarding that huge ship. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on...

... I would like to see what the ladies are wearing, long gowns or tea length...

You might want to check out our Cruise Fashions & Beauty Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182. The threads with the paper clip have attachments that are probably pictures.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory.

Kat110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Sila,

No one will be staring at you anymore on formal night than they will on any other night. :D

On formal night I've worn everything from a short gold and black cocktail dress, to a long, red georgette gown, to a mid-length black stretch velvet skirt (slit up the side) with a silver and black cardigan set.

Formal is all over the map. Wear what you feel comfortable in and what you look good in.

Oh, I forgot about the time I wore my maid of honor dress.

Roz

Hi Sila,:) if you want to see some photos, click on my

signature.

I have pictures on 2 sites, Webshots and YAHOO.

You are more than welcome to look at them.

I am dressed formally, informally and casually. It will

give you some idea of the clothing thing;)

Enjoy your cruise!:)

oh, sorry, I didn't mean to be mysterious or offensive or anything to anyone. I'm just very excited and yet a little scared with each passing day as my trip draws near. Being my first cruise I just don't know what to expect. Just trying to think of everything ahead of time to make this trip relaxing and fun for myself. This is my first trip going anywhere alone. I just decided that I wasn't going to sit around and wait for anyone to be available to travel with me, so here I go... out there all alone! I know everything will work out fine, I'm just trying to cover all the bases. Ok, I will try to relax, but it's hard to concentrate at work when all I can think about is boarding that huge ship. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on...

I know how you are feeling, I did my first solo cruise in February and I was a little nervous at first, because like you it was my first time going on a trip alone, but it worked out just fine, I had a great time, enjoyed formal night ( it was my birthday ) met a lot of nice folks, loved it so much I am doing it again in September, so relax go and have a great time.:D

• 1 month later...

This was taken on my last cruise on Seabourn's "Pride" to the Caribbean. It's of me and one of the ship's engineers. Seabourn extends invitations most nights to a "hosted" table. It is so nice for a solo lady traveler! You can click on the picture to get a larger image. I love Seabourn, they are very formal and I like the chance to dress up. The dress is light "chocolate" colored taffeta, with a ruched bodice, floor-length. Happy sailing to all!

Jane

Pride.jpg.2fcd8c9624b3e23d1109e25fbb2d10fc.jpg

Jane, you look lovely:)

Wish I could find a strapless dress that fit and everything would

stay in place:eek:.....I have purchased so many nice formal dresses

but not one has ever been strapless.....oh well.....

Thank you, Lois. I agree, you have to find one that fits just right. I think the "ruching" helps on this particular dress, and also the off-the-shoulder cap "sleeves".

Your red dress, in your attached photos, is stunning. Nice color on you.

Jane

Hi Jane, thanks:) the red dress? Oh my goodness...the cocktail

one? I wore that on my very first cruise on Celebrity!

Back in May 2003:eek:......thanks for the compliment.

I can wear reds, purples, (of course black;) )...but the deep

colors go with my skin and hair color.

I have to look back on those pictures!

Yikes...they are fuzzy:(

Well, the memories are clear so I guess that is what matters

most!

Archived