Why Is The Coffee So Bad?

we are doing Jamaica next February... and planning on puchasing some Jamaican coffee both roasted and unroasted beans... about what can we expect to pay???

BTW Gonzo... did you attempt to get your free coffee from Starbucks by walking in and telling them your drink was wrong???

I cannot recall the price but I think it was something like 6.00 a bag (12 ounces) not real expensive though

and yes.. gonzo.. how is your starbucks sheme holding up?? good luck to you!:):)

This is a GREAT idea! I hadn't thought of this. I bought a plexi-glass one for camping a couple of years ago, but can't get my hubby to go camping. (he thinks Motel 6 is roughing it.) It should pack nicely.

LOL motel 6 WOULD be roughing it for me.. :eek: and my idea of camping would be pulling up in a motor home... (I said to DH "what do ya mean ya gotta sleep on the ground in a tent!):eek:

Me <----- who has never been camping

where is the nearest hyatt?? :):)

Wow, just tried the special Pike's Market Starbucks' blend from the original Starbucks' store in Seattle; now this is some good coffee! Anybody cruising from Seattle needs to pay that Starbucks a visit.

I totally disagree about the quality of the coffee. I liked the coffee so much from the promenade cafe on NOS that I wrote to Seattle's Best Coffee to see if I could buy the Royal Caribbean Blend. They wrote back that it was not for sale, but I should try their similar blends, Post Alley or Post Alley Decaf.

I totally disagree about the quality of the coffee. I liked the coffee so much from the promenade cafe on NOS that I wrote to Seattle's Best Coffee to see if I could buy the Royal Caribbean Blend. They wrote back that it was not for sale, but I should try their similar blends, Post Alley or Post Alley Decaf.

I liked the Promenade coffee treats too. It is the windjammer coffee that generally was nasty in my opinion.

The coffee in Cafe Promenade IS great! We're talking about in the Windjammer and room service mostly. :)

So now I think I need to bring a French press with me. I have seen them, but have never used one. Is it rocket science or simple to use? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Or you could just buy those Maxwell House coffee singles (the ones like tea bags) and just order a carafe of hot water from room service! :)

The coffee in Cafe Promenade IS great! We're talking about in the Windjammer and room service mostly. :)

Or you could just buy those Maxwell House coffee singles (the ones like tea bags) and just order a carafe of hot water from room service! :)

Thanks. We are going on the Mariner. Is the Cafe Promenade coffee Seattles Best? Is it free or do you have to pay for it?

Thanks. We are going on the Mariner. Is the Cafe Promenade coffee Seattles Best? Is it free or do you have to pay for it?

Yes it's Seattle's Best, and no you don't pay for regular coffee there, only the specialty coffees. :D

I must be nuts but I don't mind the room service coffee. It's not GREAT but they're bringing it to my room for me so I really have no complaints. Maybe when I'm sitting out on the balcony the salty air gets into my system and interferes w/my taste receptors or something, but I truly don't mind their coffee. The coffee from Lattetudes ROCKS! - especially when they add booze to it for a fun little mid afternoon pick me up!

Laura

Yes it's Seattle's Best, and no you don't pay for regular coffee there, only the specialty coffees. :D

Do they count lattes as specialty? If so, does anyone know the approximate prices? I live in Washington state so I exist on flavored lattes (today's was a monkey mocha, chocolate and banana!) Though, I *hate* SBC - I'd rather go to Starbucks if I'm going to a chain.

Do they count lattes as specialty? If so, does anyone know the approximate prices? I live in Washington state so I exist on flavored lattes (today's was a monkey mocha, chocolate and banana!) Though, I *hate* SBC - I'd rather go to Starbucks if I'm going to a chain.

Yes, lattes are a specialty coffee. Not sure about the price...if I rem correctly it was $3.something!

So now I think I need to bring a French press with me. I have seen them, but have never used one. Is it rocket science or simple to use? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.
A few thoughts based on my experience: (1) where will you get water that's hot enough for a good brew?, (2) cleaning up coffee grinds each time can be a time-consuming hassle (remember you can't rinse it in the sink), and (3) the french press is glass--do you really want to risk schlepping it?

A few thoughts based on my experience: (1) where will you get water that's hot enough for a good brew?, (2) cleaning up coffee grinds each time can be a time-consuming hassle (remember you can't rinse it in the sink), and (3) the french press is glass--do you really want to risk schlepping it?

1) room service, ask for pot of tea

2) paper towel, push grounds into plastic baggie, put in trash, rinse in shower

3) can get plastic ones too:p

1) room service, ask for pot of tea

2) paper towel, push grounds into plastic baggie, put in trash, rinse in shower

3) can get plastic ones too

When considering the hassle, I say the coffee in the Windjammer ain't so bad... :p

Yes, lattes are a specialty coffee. Not sure about the price...if I rem correctly it was $3.something!

Thanks! My mother said the concierge lounge on the Jewel had an espresso machine but she can't recall if there was a milk frother as well. I have a travel frother, though, as long as I can find hot milk somewhere.... And I have a local supply of syrups so I can smuggle my flavors on board. (Screw the alcohol, I need lattes!)

When considering the hassle, I say the coffee in the Windjammer ain't so bad... :p

We did the Windjammer or Cafe Promenade for coffee too. Only problem was everytime we went to cafe promenade, the urn was empty. We had to wait for it to brew 2 liters before it would fill a cup but I will wait for fresh coffee anyday:D

"Wow, this thread is dead today! Where is everybody??? TGIF."

Sitt'n out front at the local Starbucks. Did you ever notice that Starbucks typically has their store on a corner or end of the row of shops? That's their policy.

I did the engineering design for one of the local stores. I have a whole sleeve of empty cups in the garage for important social occasions. I just fill them with 50 cent gas station coffee and reap the benefits at 1/3 the cost.

Anybody try the new Starbucks' lunch salads that came out yesterday? I tried to go check them out after work yesterday but my local Starbucks was closed due to flooding (we had a massive thunderstorm here in Chicago).

Decisions, Decisions. I need my coffee. I've had some crap coffee, but you guys are starting to scare me. I keep the Maxwell house coffee bags at work for if it's too late in the day to make a full pot. But they seem to be weak and still have that "instant" taste, so when I get home from work that coffee machine is brewing real quick. I'll be on my first cruise on the Explorer 8/12. All I care about when I wake up is a halfway decent cup and a smoke. Go without either one and I'll be an unhappy cruiser.

Is it true also about not having real half & half as stated quite a few pages back? Since I'm only an hour away from Cape Liberty, I should just buy some and store it in the fridge.

Archived