All Things Enchantment of the Seas

I'll be on the Enchantment next month for my first cruise ever. Obviously looking forward to it. Simple question here.

How much is a 7 & 7 going to cost me on the Enchantment? Just doing a little planning. I'm sure there's another 7 & 7 fan out there who can help me out. Thanks.

First time taking grand daughters on a cruise with us (ages 8 & 10). Anybody tell me anything about the kids club on this cruise?? We would like to go to Chops (one of our favs) one night, & I understand the kids club has a dinner thing one night and we thought that might be the best night for us to go to Chops. Anybody have the answer?? We have always made reservations as soon as we board, but haven't sailed with kids before. any info would be appreciated.

Just got back from a 5 night on Enchantment. I have to say, It was probably the best cruise ever in terms of how friendly and efficient the entire staff are. My DW and I tried to come up with a single negative and could not.

I only wish they broadened their itineraries, but was told by C&A they are going to narrow it even more in the future.

Also just returned from the 5 day Enchantment cruise. It was wonderful. I think the food was the best we've had on any of our cruises. This was the 2nd time we've been on the Enchantment, one post-stretch. I loved all the changes they've made. The bedding is wonderful.

Debbie83: There is both a pool buffet and a gala buffet on the 5 night. The pool buffet was the 3rd night, the gala the 4th night.

We did Chops and highly recommend it. The food and service was great!

It was probably the best cruise ever in terms of how friendly and efficient the entire staff are.

This I have to agree with!! I am definitely a 'big ship' person, for sure, however the service on Enchantment was SO personable!! Our room steward actually came to MEET us! (Didn't just run into us in the hallway but knocked on our door to meet us) And our waitor only had three tables for dinner, us (2), the next table (2), and one other table (6). One night, we were the only ones to show up, and we were his only table! Talk about service! LOL But even when the others were there, it wasn't like he was overwhelmed. He was wonderful! And everyone was sooo friendly. It was great. :)

We were on her in November 2005, just after the stretch. DH, DS, and I were in an Oceanview, Deck 3; DD and her best friend were in an inside across the hall from us. The inside room was slightly smaller - about 140 sq ft. - but lots of places to store things. Best thing we brought for each room was an over-the-door shoe organizer.

Lovely ship. Great staff - we had the best wait staff in the dining room! So great, it's one of the first things we mention when people ask us about cruising. I have several food allergies and I am used to handling these on my own. On the first night I asked if a particular dish had eggs and then selected something else because it did. The waiter asked if I disliked eggs and i told him I was allergic. Shortly after, the headwaiter came to the table and every night I got a sneak peak at the next night's menu, made my choices, and he made sure nothing was cross-contaminated by eggs or fish. Now THAT is great service.

The Good: Lots and lots of beautiful pieces of art throughout the ship. The new pool deck, especially at night.

The So-so: the pizza tasted fair, at best - but who cares, there are so many other dining choices! The shows in the theater were hit and miss.

The Bad: there WAS NONE! This is a wonderful ship and we just booked a cruise for November '08 with a group of 12 friends and family! This time we all have rooms in the new section!

Great tip in you reply; over the door shoe organizer. Never thought of that. I will be buying one tomorrow at Walmart and throw it in my suitcase until next May when we leave on the enchantment:D

We were on Enchantment, in January,'06. We had a D1 balcony in the new section. We thought the ship was beautiful, and the staff and crew very friendly. This was our first RCCL cruise, and it made us confirmed fans. Five days was not long enough. There is more to do than you can possibly fit in. We loved the Solarium, especially. I hope this thread takes off likt the Explorer one, and you will get a ton of info, and pictures as well.

Judy :)

Judy,

How was your D1 balcony room?? Thats what we booked for our May 08 cruise. Our 1st balcony too:)

• 2 weeks later...

Helloooo? I hope this thread stays alive.. I enjoyed checking it each day.

One thing I read about the Enchantment - off the library there's a little balcony that not too many people know about. I was on the boat last year and never noticed it... I guess it's a nice quiet place that is rarely visited. Does anyone know of any other quiet nooks on the boat that may be fun to seek out?

:)

Helloooo? I hope this thread stays alive.. I enjoyed checking it each day.

One thing I read about the Enchantment - off the library there's a little balcony that not too many people know about. I was on the boat last year and never noticed it... I guess it's a nice quiet place that is rarely visited. Does anyone know of any other quiet nooks on the boat that may be fun to seek out?

:)

This thread will stay alive if I can help it.

THANKS! for this little balcony secret. I never noticed it. You can bet I'm going to go look for it in September.

I just booked this last minute cruise. If anyone is interested, check the pricing. I had a cabin on hold at the senior citizen rate (thanks to dh) and the next day the regular rates dropped even lower without the discount. I rebooked at a GREAT price. If you are willing to take an interior, you can get a cabin for less than $300 each for 4 nights.

These are 2 ports I love, too. Key West and Cozumel.

This thread will stay alive if I can help it.

THANKS! for this little balcony secret. I never noticed it. You can bet I'm going to go look for it in September.

I just booked this last minute cruise. If anyone is interested, check the pricing. I had a cabin on hold at the senior citizen rate (thanks to dh) and the next day the regular rates dropped even lower without the discount. I rebooked at a GREAT price. If you are willing to take an interior, you can get a cabin for less than $300 each for 4 nights.

These are 2 ports I love, too. Key West and Cozumel.

Thats like the one for Aug 23rd......we've had 2 price drops in the past couple of weeks......:D too bad you didnt book that one!!

I wish I could do a back 2 back...we are coming back from our Enchantment cruise Sept 20. Some other time:D .

That library deck sounds nice. Is it part of the "pool area" with deck chairs or am I sitting there with a good book?

Oh man, I even went & sat in the library for a little while, and never noticed any outside deck! Boo hoo! Ah well....next time! :D

I'm checking the deck plans and DO NOT see any balcony around the library. Are we talking about the same Library on Deck Seven (couldn't be part of the pool on deck 9, by the way.)?

Also, speaking of deck plans, can someone just off the Enchantment tell me about the "Cafe" right next to the "Shipshape Fitness Center" in the AFT section of Deck Nine?? Is this like the Seaview Cafe on the Radiance Class ships??

Hmmm... About the lil balcony thingy... I don't think it's a huge deal, maybe just a little one, like off one of the staterooms. But, since it's NOT big, I read that no one was ever out on it. I've not seen it myself, but I read about it on a posting here and wanted to check it out this fall when I go back! I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it before, or if you all knew of any other cool little nooks n crannies on the ship :) HAHA come to think of it - maybe someone was just pullin' our legs? :cool:

Thats like the one for Aug 23rd......we've had 2 price drops in the past couple of weeks......:D too bad you didnt book that one!!

Kathy,

We have so much going on in August, or I would have booked for that month. I think Paul Rutter will still be on the ship as CD when you cruise unless his plans have changed. He happens to be my favorite.

I am hoping he will still be on board on Sept 20. He said he'd be on in Aug. and Sept. but that doesn't necessarily mean the entire month of Sept. Will you ask him for me, assuming he's on board when you are and that you even get a chance to ask, what the date is that he will be disembarking again?

Thanks.

Hmmm... About the lil balcony thingy... I don't think it's a huge deal, maybe just a little one, like off one of the staterooms. But, since it's NOT big, I read that no one was ever out on it. I've not seen it myself, but I read about it on a posting here and wanted to check it out this fall when I go back! I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it before, or if you all knew of any other cool little nooks n crannies on the ship :) HAHA come to think of it - maybe someone was just pullin' our legs? :cool:

You mean you haven't personally seen it? In that case, it's probably not true. It sounded like a nice place though....in our dreams. :)

Gina

Where is your favorite to be for sailaway? :confused: Usually we spend it on our balcony. But this time we've book a inside cabin. So now we need suggestions.

Some place with a nice view, inside or outside. A frozen drink in my hand. Leaving my everyday life behind for a week... Paradise!:rolleyes: