Island and Coral Princess...Will port stay at Whittier?

CRB#33

I noticed that in the past, Princess's ships Island and Coral sailed in and out of Seward. This year it was changed to Whittier. Is this a permenant change or does it alternate from year to year?

I'm working out a land tour itinerary on our own and wondering about where we will be docking.

I also don't think it will leave soon. There was a recent press release from Princess saying that starting next year - land passengers will be able to get on the train in Whittier and start their land vacation sooner then this year where they were transported to Anchorage first. Princess has also spent quite a bit of money in Whittier building a new dock, etc. .

Here is the PR:

Press Release

They've been building a really nice embarkation/debarkation center at Whittier. Also, there is a lot of building going on in Whittier (we saw several big cranes there in July). I have also heard they are eliminating busing to Whittier and will use only the train for those going to/coming from land tours.

• 9 months later...

Archived