Should Carnival Enforce Formal Night Attire?

RjayB

Should Carnival Enforce the Formal Night Dress Code?  

766 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival Enforce the Formal Night Dress Code?

• YES - no one is allowed to enter unless in Formal or Business attire
    • NO - let everyone in, regardless of what they are wearing

Chigirlcruzin or scapino I don't know what or how you did it.......but from post 89 and down it shows Mammaskittles and my quotes are incorrect. I believe you are quoting wrong......

Everything is screwed up LOL!

Did this quote correctly! LOL! That's funny! Just like cali's "twin" dogs:)

What dogs:confused:

Ok, you scared me at first:eek: Then I saw the rest of your response. It has been pretty nice around here, but very windy. I am sure we are going to be put on some sort of fire watch pretty soon. Can't believe Tahoe, so sad.

Kidding! We are finally seeing the same thing LOL! Good talkin to ya....Ya been enjoying our great weather?

How is your weather?

I admit I tend to run late for most things that I do, however dining is not one of them. Plus travelling w/ my Dad he is always on time. Just because some people dress up does not mean they are going to be late for dinner, not sure where you made that connection? Not to mention, I would prefer to see someone dressed up and running late then someone who didn't bother to present themselves in a manner that was acceptable in the dining room.:rolleyes:

I thought you were down here in S. Calif. like me.....Are you up the

coast:confused:

It's been nice and warm here. Have not had a chance to catch the news what's happening in Tahoe? Fire?

Yes, I am up from you, Monterey. Yeah, nasty fire in Tahoe that has claimed around 200 homes. You all are always on fire or so it seems. I have a good friend in San Pedro so whenever I hear L.A. is on fire my ears perk up.:eek:

You say that formal wear is their rule? Do you follow all the rules? Do you drive over 35 in a 35 zone? Do you use your cell phone while driving when it's against the law? There are many more examples but I think you get the point. All i'm saying is if I am dressed VERY nice without a jacket and tie, what the h..l do you care. You're only answer has been, "It's Carnival's policy/rules". I have been to the best restaurants throughout the world and when a jacket and tie is appropriate, I wear it. A Carnival cruise is NOT that venue, for me. And if it is for you, I respect that.

And you are not the only one on the ship. Unfortunately some people no longer see the world as a place for we but for me. Rules and laws are created as a way to make life less chaotic and/or barbaric. If we all followed the rules we would all know where we stand, what our options are, and what we need to do. It is when you have some jackabee deciding that "I don't want to so therefore I don't have to" -- doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, needs or wants. And that sets up the thought process for some other people that feel "if he doesn't have to then neither do I" so on and so on and so on. Then all the rest of us who are rule followers just trying to do our part to be fair to all by doing what is set before us get screwed.

so, the twins are back in town, huh? :D hey, i just finished re-configuring my wireless connection to get my lap top back in working order. it took a long time to figure out this was the problem, of course, so here i am checkin' in at midnight.

early still for you left coasters (kurb n' cali). bro just left tahoe sunday. was there for a week (he has a time share there). hope they get things under control there.

on my last cruise this past feb 21-28th on the legend there was too formal nights 8 day cruise - On the night befor the second formal night the Maitre d' told every one to come to dinner weather they were formal or not but no shorts would be allowed .The maiter d' and the head waiter 's dont care what you ware as long as you tip them And yes i was in a suite and tie and jacket for dinner on the 1st formal night .Thank god my cabin was one deck below and four doors down the hall cause that monkey suite was off and back in the garment bag by 9:15 I would have went to the buffet that night but we were with family and friends 32 people in all my mom requested i dress up and not go to the buffet to have pic taken with family all othe nights i had a shirt and dress slacks that were loose and comfortable .. after all i did pay for this vacation and i will do what i want with in reason

on my last cruise this past feb 21-28th on the legend there was too formal nights 8 day cruise - On the night befor the second formal night the Maitre d' told every one to come to dinner weather they were formal or not but no shorts would be allowed .The maiter d' and the head waiter 's dont care what you ware as long as you tip them And yes i was in a suite and tie and jacket for dinner on the 1st formal night .Thank god my cabin was one deck below and four doors down the hall cause that monkey suite was off and back in the garment bag by 9:15 I would have went to the buffet that night but we were with family and friends 32 people in all my mom requested i dress up and not go to the buffet to have pic taken with family all othe nights i had a shirt and dress slacks that were loose and comfortable .. after all i did pay for this vacation and i will do what i want with in reason

we just posted a second apart, i think. that was wild.

Yes, I am up from you, Monterey. Yeah, nasty fire in Tahoe that has claimed around 200 homes. You all are always on fire or so it seems. I have a good friend in San Pedro so whenever I hear L.A. is on fire my ears perk up.:eek:

Monterey is beautiful! Yes it seems we are always on fire LOL! Not much rain again this year I think we are in for another bad season......

I guess I better go catch up on the news....very sad about Tahoe...

Now back to our regular program:eek:

Go ahead everyone fight it out!!!!

so, the twins are back in town, huh? :D hey, i just finished re-configuring my wireless connection to get my lap top back in working order. it took a long time to figure out this was the problem, of course, so here i am checkin' in at midnight.

early still for you left coasters (kurb n' cali). bro just left tahoe sunday. was there for a week (he has a time share there). hope they get things under control there.

Hey True, I haven't been on too much in the last few days either. Had a huge 40th B-day party for my sister. Wow, party planning, caterers, etc. is very tiring. Glad the computer is working again, I can't live w/out my laptop, especially the amount of time we all spend on here. Glad your bro made it out safely. My parent's used to own a cabin there too but that has been years ago (when I was growing up).

So what are your thoughts on this most important question? Dress up, dress down, enforce, not enforce, be late, come early?:D

And you are not the only one on the ship. Unfortunately some people no longer see the world as a place for we but for me. Rules and laws are created as a way to make life less chaotic and/or barbaric. If we all followed the rules we would all know where we stand, what our options are, and what we need to do. It is when you have some jackabee deciding that "I don't want to so therefore I don't have to" -- doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, needs or wants. And that sets up the thought process for some other people that feel "if he doesn't have to then neither do I" so on and so on and so on. Then all the rest of us who are rule followers just trying to do our part to be fair to all by doing what is set before us get screwed.

FYI, the boards are messed up, and Scapino said what you quoted, not me:) . I agree with you 100%. Does it really affect my cruise, no, but if you don't want to dress up, there are plenty of other options - on Carnival, on other lines, on land.

Edited to add: and Scapino didn't say what I quoted. What is going on here?

Hey girlfriend! Boards all screwed up. It shows quotes that I din't even quote LOL!

uh-oh. that sounds like it cld be a wee bit of a problem. yikes. thanks for the heads up. nothing quoted was that bad i hope.

Hey True, I haven't been on too much in the last few days either. Had a huge 40th B-day party for my sister. Wow, party planning, caterers, etc. is very tiring. Glad the computer is working again, I can't live w/out my laptop, especially the amount of time we all spend on here. Glad your bro made it out safely. My parent's used to own a cabin there too but that has been years ago (when I was growing up).

So what are your thoughts on this most important question? Dress up, dress down, enforce, not enforce, be late, come early?

glad the party went well. yes, the lap top is my nightime and poolside sign-in vehicle, LOL.:cool: don't like to be stuck in the home office all the time.:D

re: the last part of your post, shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but i haven't read the thread. i just saw you guys were on it and wanted to say hi and test my 'puter. :D :p BTW, i am not a computer guru, so i am quite proud of myself for just figuring this out w/o help *pats self on the back.*:p

Wonder how many of those that don't want to dress appropriately for the DR but won't consider the buffet, eat breakfast and lunch in the buffet. I've read many posts that the food in the evening at the buffet is very good.

I know I have been having that problem and I did see where all your quotes were messed up. Oh True, I can actually see my "twins" now, how weird is that?

LMAO!!!:D :p :D you can???? sheesh! it's about time the mods let you in on the joke! (kidding).

it was so wild that you cld not see them all of those times. still don't understand how that cld be:confused:

FYI, the boards are messed up, and Scapino said what you quoted, not me:) . I agree with you 100%. Does it really affect my cruise, no, but if you don't want to dress up, there are plenty of other options - on Carnival, on other lines, on land.

Edited to add: and Scapino didn't say what I quoted. What is going on here?

holy cow! who's on first? LMAO. so was it scapino's quote?

too funny, but this is a dangerous thing. someone will end up flamin' for something ya never said b/c everyone sees it as being quoted from you.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived