what do you pack in your carryons?

crissyp

hi, leaving on the Crown in 4 days (wooohoooo) crunch time packing today for the rest of my family. I would love to know what everyone packs in their carryons. We won't be flying, as we live in NY and will be able to drive ourselves to the pier, so airline regulations don't matter.

Thanks,

Crissy:D

If driving to the port and not flying, I wouldn't even bother with a carry on. I would tuck my expensive items, like jewelry, inside my purse and just check the rest of my luggage. Only reason we take a carry on along would be in case the airlines lost our luggage.

It can take many hours for your luggage to reach your room. Be sure to pack up bathing suits, a coverup, a change of clothes (casual), sandals for by the pool. Also your makeup, meds and other things that can be broken, are valuable, or spill onto your good clothes in the suitcase.

I agree with Pam that there is no need to load yourself up with carryon's. But I would put in there everything that you need for embarkation day and evening. Its nice to be comfortable and head to the pool and horizon court, trident grill, etc.

Have fun !

thanks everyone...I've got it all covered, I just felt like I might be missing something:D

one more question, do you have to put a princess luggage tag on your carryon??

thanks,

crissy

No because you'll be carrying them. The luggage tags are for the luggage that you drop off before boarding the ships. The tags show the ship area and room number and that's how they make it back to you.

If driving to the port and not flying, I wouldn't even bother with a carry on. I would tuck my expensive items, like jewelry, inside my purse and just check the rest of my luggage. Only reason we take a carry on along would be in case the airlines lost our luggage.

Sometimes cruiseships lose luggage also. I have read more than one post where someones bag or bags were missing for most or all of the cruise. I've been on cruises where they put a notice in all the rooms that such and such bag is missing and please check yours to make sure you don't have it. With this in mind, I have started putting some of everyone's clothes in different bags, so if a bag gets lost no one member of the family will be missing all their clothes. So, if you have anything you just can't do without for the cruise, then you might want to put it in your carry-on.

That being said, usually you get many more tags than you use. So I tag hand luggage as well. You can never have too many identifying features on a bag. There are thousands of people moving in and around. Its unlikely that you will need to do this, but there are some pretty unusual/unlikely things that happen all the time.

I was at a rental car desk in the Peoria airport, doing my paperwork and an over zealous security person actually took me bag ! They then paged me. Like he couldn't have assumed that the bag next to me was mine ! So many people have the almost exact bags, that extra ID never hurts. Remember the "tilt" ?

...........one more question, do you have to put a princess luggage tag on your carryon?? thanks, crissy

As mentioned above, you do not have to..... but I like to put a tag on it just in case my "carry on" gets separated from me along the way. ;)

This has changed a lot for me since carryon rules changed a year ago. Now it's small bottles of toiletries (with larger bottles in my checked luggage), a change of clothes for dinner the first night, a swimsuit, book, valuables and most of my shoes, to offset the toiletry weight that is now in my checked bags. If we are overnighting in the port city before boarding, we pack so that we don't have to go into our checked bags at all until we get to the ship.

Also, my husband packs a hole punch and our lanyards, and as soon as we are given our ship cards at check in, he punches them and hangs them on our lanyards and we are good to go.

I usually carry the following:

1.) Medications/ diabetic equipment

2.) Jewelry and/or other valuable articles

3.) Digital Camera and Charger

4.) Mobile Phone and Charger

5.) Electric Shaver (fully charged), other personal grooming items

6.) U- Pillow (Inflatable)

7.) A light water-resistant jacket.

8.) Two changes of socks & underware

9.) Food Snacks

10.) Reading material, Cruise documents and other important Data.

Never to many snacks, as they don't even give you nuts anymore! :eek:

hi, leaving on the Crown in 4 days (wooohoooo) crunch time packing today for the rest of my family. I would love to know what everyone packs in their carryons. We won't be flying, as we live in NY and will be able to drive ourselves to the pier, so airline regulations don't matter.

Thanks,

Crissy:D

Cosmetics, jewelry, anything valuable, lightweight pj's and a change of underwear. The last 2 items on the list ESPECIALLY after having had luggage temporarily go missing the 1st day a few times.......don't like sleeping in our clothes and not having clean undies!!!:D

Cosmetics, jewelry, anything valuable, lightweight pj's and a change of underwear. The last 2 items on the list ESPECIALLY after having had luggage temporarily go missing the 1st day a few times.......don't like sleeping in our clothes and not having clean undies!!!:D

We both sleep naked, so the PJs are not on our list! :D

Besides the is the Princess bathrobe. ;)

We both sleep naked, so the PJs are not on our list! :D

Besides there is the Princess bathrobe. ;)

Hello

On our last cruise on Freedom of the Seas my bag was "lost" although clearly identified with name and cabin number ..How /I do not know

Thank heaven I had in my carry on 2 days worth of clothes and 1 evening outfit

Nightgown,bathing suit,cover,shorts and tees 1 dress undies

Rccl gave me 2 tshirts to tide me over till they found my suitcase

I actually did when I spoke up at Meet& MIngle -lady with same last name got my bag

I always make sure I pack 2 days worth of clothes just in case!!!

I usually carry the following:

1.) Medications/ diabetic equipment

2.) Jewelry and/or other valuable articles

3.) Digital Camera and Charger

4.) Mobile Phone and Charger

5.) Electric Shaver (fully charged), other personal grooming items

6.) U- Pillow (Inflatable)

7.) A light water-resistant jacket.

8.) Two changes of socks & underware

9.) Food Snacks

10.) Reading material, Cruise documents and other important Data.

Never to many snacks, as they don't even give you nuts anymore! :eek:

Go that person you are boarding a floating food hall and you take more on board -respect lol : love you

I think all the nuts are on board

Archived