AquaSpa class details

Richard Stein

Per article in todays Travel Weekly the 130 Aqua Class cabins will have unlimited access to the AquaSpa relaxation room and the Persian Garden exotic aromatherapy and steam room. If this is worth the extra money to you go for it.

I sure don't think so, but this was supposedly designed for "spa" people. They may think it is a bargain.

I know there are folks who laugh at me because I pay the "extra" money for a bathtub 'cause I hate showers!!!!

Per article in todays Travel Weekly the 130 Aqua Class cabins will have unlimited access to the Aqua Spa relaxation room and the Persian Garden exotic aromatherapy and steam room. If this is worth the extra money to you go for it.

If you book Aqua Class you get all the amenities of CC and the amenities of AC. Well we always have booked CC, and really enjoyed it, so that part was a given. It appears that in AC all of the staterooms are 2 passengers only, so it should limit the number of children on that deck and in BLU. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE children. I think my grandchildren are the greatest in the world. It is the parents that have no idea how to raise children that I have a problem with. Plus, we thought it would be very interesting to try the new BLU restaurant. And we have never tried the Persian Garden. All of these things sounded like a plus to us, so, we thought this all sounded like a great time to give it a try. Heck! It is only one week and only one cruise, if we do not like it and think it was not worth the difference we will not do it again. If we wanted to go cheap - we would be on Carnival anyway.

We really enjoy the Persian Gardens, as well as the Aqua Spa Cafe, and the price difference was minimal, especially since DH and I cruise alone together. We love kids, but on our last cruise, in CC, the room next to us was two teenager boys, whose grandparents were in the room next to that on the OTHER side. The wrestling, threats from the balcony, etc., wer not really what we thought late night in CC was for...like I said, and as the above-poster said, love kids, but out-of-control ones ona cruise? No thanks...for the small price difference, I'll go Aqua Class!:o

Here is my two cents:

The Aqua Spa cafe is free, the Persian Garden is $150.00/ couple for 10 days cruise - last time we paid. It was worth it to us. My DH loves steam room, sauna and atmasphere just simply pleasant and relaxing. What is the difference in price between AC cabins and regular Veranda cabins? Just a simple math.

Hello everyone! I was reading this thread and thinking that I couldn't believe they were charging for the persian gardens. I was pretty "ticked" when they replace my T-Pool on Century with the persian gardens. From what I have seen it is nothing nearly as relaxing as that T-pool. the DH and I loved to go to it and relax at the end of a long day touring. Perhaps someone can shed some light on what is the deal!:confused:

Can't you purchase Aqua Spa time like you would the T-Pool? Why do you want to have a different class? Except of course to have the CC priveliges...what is the cost diff?

Just a few perplexing questions. I wonder what is going on in X's head!:confused:

Woo

Well, some of us brave souls are trying it, and we'll let you know if it was worth it in the end or not! I too, will miss the M-class-style T-pool, but I'm glad of the Persian Gardens and of the new restaurant!

Jwattle, I would have offered to move all their stuff for them (trade cabins) so that I didn't have to be in the middle of that.

So, if you're in Aquaclass, does that mean the Calorie Police send you to detention if you pig out 10 times a day? I can't think of a worse vacation...

Jwattle, I would have offered to move all their stuff for them (trade cabins) so that I didn't have to be in the middle of that.

So, if you're in Aquaclass, does that mean the Calorie Police send you to detention if you pig out 10 times a day? I can't think of a worse vacation...

:D :p That was funny! I had thought it appeared to take all the fun out of vacation. The food is so good, how can anyone resist:confused:

Hello everyone! I was reading this thread and thinking that I couldn't believe they were charging for the persian gardens. I was pretty "ticked" when they replace my T-Pool on Century with the persian gardens. From what I have seen it is nothing nearly as relaxing as that T-pool. the DH and I loved to go to it and relax at the end of a long day touring. Perhaps someone can shed some light on what is the deal!:confused:

Can't you purchase Aqua Spa time like you would the T-Pool? Why do you want to have a different class? Except of course to have the CC priveliges...what is the cost diff?

Just a few perplexing questions. I wonder what is going on in X's head!:confused:

Woo

The Persian Gardens I've been in have been on M calss ships, so I can't vouch for Century. On M Class they have T-pool and Persian Gardens, so you get all the love.:D

THe problem with it, was we were in 7200, kids were in 7198, grandparents were in 7196, so we weren't in the middle, exactly, just RIGHT perfectly placed for optimal noise enhancement (OUr bed was against the wall that I think the kids' beds were.

Also, I have it on good authority (;) ) that in light of saving money, the calorie police are being discontinued on the Solstice class ships!

Well, some of us brave souls are trying it, and we'll let you know if it was worth it in the end or not! I too, will miss the M-class-style T-pool, but I'm glad of the Persian Gardens and of the new restaurant!

Is it definite that there IS no mclass style t-pool?

We have just been informed that Aqua Class does not include the CC amenities.My travel agent was at first told it did...Celebrity has sent a power point to the agents that now says it does not. I called Celebrity and the said mis information on the Aqua Class had gotten out and it does not include the CC amenities!!!! Does anyone have any other information on this?

Here is my two cents:

The Aqua Spa cafe is free, the Persian Garden is $150.00/ couple for 10 days cruise - last time we paid. It was worth it to us. My DH loves steam room, sauna and atmasphere just simply pleasant and relaxing. What is the difference in price between AC cabins and regular Veranda cabins? Just a simple math.

The difference between a 2c balcony and Aqua class is about $300pp give or take some change.

The Restaurant Bleu or Blu.. or however the heck you spell it, is not the Aqua

Spa Cafe.

Okay, does any one know if they did in fact take the T-Pool off the Century in the re-fit?:confused: I am pretty sure they did...there is simply not enough room for everything. Let me get this straight, you are saying that you pay @$150 for 10 days and you get unlimited access to this Aqua Spa area? This consists of a sauna, steam room and relaxation area? Is it truly worth it? I can't believe the Aqua Spa class costs $300 more and you get so very little and not CC class...I am looking forward to seeing this for myself in two months and seeing if it is truly worth the change they made. Seems like a bad idea to me.

To our huge disappointment the T pool is removed on Century--in favor of a barber shop, more treatment rooms & the Perisian gardens which we boycotted,...just glorified steam rooms anyhow. The T pools on M class are not the same as those now only on Mercury & Galaxy--those are real T pools with great therapeutic jests & added minerals(similar to the one on QM 2--Canyon ranch) -- great for whatever ails you. We always got the full pass!

Does anyone know if you will get two cruise credits for Spa Class like you do for cc class & suites? The concept is appealing; the size of the ship & itins & no T pool are not--eventually we'll give it a try after we hear from the pioneers! Keep the feedback coming!

To our huge disappointment the T pool is removed on Century--in favor of a barber shop, more treatment rooms & the Perisian gardens which we boycotted,...just glorified steam rooms anyhow. The T pools on M class are not the same as those now only on Mercury & Galaxy--those are real T pools with great therapeutic jests & added minerals(similar to the one on QM 2--Canyon ranch) -- great for whatever ails you. We always got the full pass!

hcat,

I feel your pain and cannot fathom the reason they have done what they have done. I so loved the therapeutic pools...an end to an era...:(

Since kids aren't allowed in those venues, does that mean kids won't be allowed to be in those cabins? Are they going to make those Aqua Class cabins adults only? It could be an interesting concept if they make these adults only cabins

We have just been informed that Aqua Class does not include the CC amenities.My travel agent was at first told it did...Celebrity has sent a power point to the agents that now says it does not. I called Celebrity and the said mis information on the Aqua Class had gotten out and it does not include the CC amenities!!!! Does anyone have any other information on this?

I had spoken with the Celebrity Star Desk and they informed me that since Aqua Class was above Concierge Class, it included CC ameniities. Like anything else, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The presentation is no different than what you see on the Captain's Club link.

Nothing has been stated that there will not be a t-pool of some sort on the ship. As to children in Aqua Class.. they' have to be in an adjacent cabin.. no triples and quads. I wouldn't want to pay the premium for kids.

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm still keeping my Aqua class cabin but Celebrity needs to get it together about what the room does or does not include. After talking with a supervisor at Captain's Club today (after I booked another cruise) ,they have not worked out what benefits it will include other the Blu restaurant, the persian gardens, and the relaxation room. It does not include double sailing credits for the room, and it does not include the same cc benefits, although it will have some other amenities. It does not include switching from Blu to the other speciality restaurant onboard, there will be a charge if you wish to go there. I personally think that it should be at least a one night even swap, so other people could try Blu since it is such a small restaurant, instead of the main dining room. I am hoping that perhaps the Aqua class cabins may get a discount on spa services, but that might be wishful thinking. I'm going to stick with it, but I like the CC benefits, so I guess we will wait and see what Celebrity fine tunes the amenities. When we booked on the Solstice, both my travel agent and I were told that we would be getting all the CC amenities. It's only 2 weeks later, and they are now having to retract what they previously said. I hope they post it in writing on their website soon.

k.k.

and it does not include the same cc benefits.

k.k.

AquaClass

Stateroom: 192 sq. ft.

Veranda: 53 sq. ft.

Features:

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors, sitting area with sofa, 32" LCD TV, wireless connection, vanity, two beds convertible to queen size, bath with shower stall and washbasin. Additionally, suite veranda features lounge seating..

AquaClass is our new contemporary class of veranda staterooms that blends the rejuvenating, multi-sensory experience of a spa vacation with the restorative powers of the sea. Guests in AquaClass will enjoy unlimited access to the AquaSpa relaxation room, Persian Garden, and Blu - the AquaClass exclusive specialty restaurant offering fresh, flavorful cuisine that's a true step above the ordinary.

AquaClass Indulgences:

Welcome champagne

Daily fruit selection

Fresh-cut flowers

Daily hors d'oeuvres

Menu of pillows-Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag

Frette bathrobes

Hansgrohe® showerhead

VIP invitations to events

Early embarkation and debarkation

Dining and seating preference

Preference on shore excursions

Express luggage delivery

Shoeshine service

So it looks like AC has most, if not all, CC amenities. Since AC has their own 'Relaxation Room', I wonder if the CC Lounge (if there is one) will be kept exclusively for CC guests.

Waiting for public area plans...... and waiting....and waiting....

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm still keeping my Aqua class cabin but Celebrity needs to get it together about what the room does or does not include. After talking with a supervisor at Captain's Club today (after I booked another cruise) ,they have not worked out what benefits it will include other the Blu restaurant, the persian gardens, and the relaxation room. It does not include double sailing credits for the room, and it does not include the same cc benefits, although it will have some other amenities. It does not include switching from Blu to the other speciality restaurant onboard, there will be a charge if you wish to go there. I personally think that it should be at least a one night even swap, so other people could try Blu since it is such a small restaurant, instead of the main dining room. I am hoping that perhaps the Aqua class cabins may get a discount on spa services, but that might be wishful thinking. I'm going to stick with it, but I like the CC benefits, so I guess we will wait and see what Celebrity fine tunes the amenities. When we booked on the Solstice, both my travel agent and I were told that we would be getting all the CC amenities. It's only 2 weeks later, and they are now having to retract what they previously said. I hope they post it in writing on their website soon.

k.k.

And, of course you are going to pay to go to any other speciality dining room, just like you always have. Why would you not? They do that mainly to limit how many people are in there. If the AC got to go in there for 'free' (or anyone else) how would anyone else get in there? Be reasonable, you are buying passage in a slighly higher class stateroom, in theory, not ownership of the ship. People in the Penhouse don't get to go there for free.

Archived