Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

He is a beautiful dog (as all of them are) I have really enjoyed reading this thread. If the time ever comes when either friends or myself needs a service dog, I feel like I could ask questions and get answers here.

I am new at the service dog thing so I am still learning about their ways. There are others here like Roz and other who are pros and can do anything with their pups....

Thank you about your comment about Blitz

Mornin' all:

Cindy: Poor Sexy Wexy, getting a wedgie from the dinosaur costume! He is such a trooper.

Jocko: I hope you get some resolution from that mess. I hope the attornies can sort it out, because it is just not right. And yes, Blitz is as handsome as ever. He looks very content. Our Jezzy Lou goes ballistic if we leave her for any length of time. I mean screaming, crying, whining, jumping like a crazy dog. I am sure she has abandonment issues. You would think she would get over it after 2 years. But have no idea what her life was like before we adopted her.

Sunshine: I couldn't see the attached photos.......I saw the previous ones you did? Never mind, today they come up! Love the first one of you and Roz. Lovely picture. I hope you guys bought it.

Edited by S.S. Cruisers

He is a beautiful dog (as all of them are) I have really enjoyed reading this thread. If the time ever comes when either friends or myself needs a service dog, I feel like I could ask questions and get answers here.

The world changes in so many wonderful ways when you have a Service Dog!

Mornin' all:

Cindy: Poor Sexy Wexy, getting a wedgie from the dinosaur costume! He is such a trooper.

Jocko: I hope you get some resolution from that mess. I hope the attornies can sort it out, because it is just not right. And yes, Blitz is as handsome as ever. He looks very content. Our Jezzy Lou goes ballistic if we leave her for any length of time. I mean screaming, crying, whining, jumping like a crazy dog. I am sure she has abandonment issues. You would think she would get over it after 2 years. But have no idea what her life was like before we adopted her.

Sunshine: I couldn't see the attached photos.......I saw the previous ones you did? Never mind, today they come up! Love the first one of you and Roz. Lovely picture. I hope you guys bought it.

I awoke not feeling well today and stayed home from work.....so, I'm writing on Morey's computer.

I bought many $$$$$$$ worth of pictures, while onboard. I put some at work and the rest goes into an album. It's fun to look back on them. Brenda's face looks grayer and grayer from the first time she started cruising.

Princess always has some sort of deal on the photos you buy. I love to have them.

I awoke not feeling well today and stayed home from work.....so, I'm writing on Morey's computer.

I bought many $$$$$$$ worth of pictures, while onboard. I put some at work and the rest goes into an album. It's fun to look back on them. Brenda's face looks grayer and grayer from the first time she started cruising.

Princess always has some sort of deal on the photos you buy. I love to have them.

So are you going to continue and tease us or post some pictures? There is a old saying on the internet; post pictures or it really didn't happen..... hint hint...

Pwease

So are you going to continue and tease us or post some pictures? There is a old saying on the internet; post pictures or it really didn't happen..... hint hint...

Pwease

Sunshine has already done that......thank goodness one of us is "picture capable!"

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Roz: If the pictures are on your computer, all I do is hit the reply button. When this window pops up, look on top row where the type of font, size of font, color of font, smilies and then there is a paper clip. Click on it. I haven't done it for awhile so am winging it. But there will be a upload from your computer box. Hit the browse button, pick pictures and then just hi-lite the one you want to post. It will ask you if you want to open it, I think click on that. Then it will say it is uploading the picture, when done, I can't remember what to do!! Dodo head (me). Let me do it and then I can finish this post! It will tell you it is done. The picture will be the first one in the attachment box. You can close that window and go back to the reply box here. Then go back to the paperclip, click 022.jpg.0417647aea5075381e43f915806667f6.jpg(Leann Emily )click and it shows up here. Sounds way more complicated than it actually is. I think it is much easier than going to photo bucket and then transporting. Try it. I think you will find it easier done than said! Lol.

Roz: If the pictures are on your computer, all I do is hit the reply button. When this window pops up, look on top row where the type of font, size of font, color of font, smilies and then there is a paper clip. Click on it. I haven't done it for awhile so am winging it. But there will be a upload from your computer box. Hit the browse button, pick pictures and then just hi-lite the one you want to post. It will ask you if you want to open it, I think click on that. Then it will say it is uploading the picture, when done, I can't remember what to do!! Dodo head (me). Let me do it and then I can finish this post! It will tell you it is done. The picture will be the first one in the attachment box. You can close that window and go back to the reply box here. Then go back to the paperclip, click [ATTACH]208657[/ATTACH](Leann Emily )click and it shows up here. Sounds way more complicated than it actually is. I think it is much easier than going to photo bucket and then transporting. Try it. I think you will find it easier done than said! Lol.

When I get to work tomorrow....I'll put the pictures on my computer and then I'll play with it. It's how I got other pictures on. We'll see.

Well we didn't have a very good night last night. About 900 John says he's feeling funny and thinks he's having a stroke! By the time I got out of the chair, his mouth was drooping as he talked. I immediately called 911. The whole thing lasted maybe 5 seconds. By the time the emts got here he was fine. He spent the night at the hospital and had a battery of tests done, cat scan, ecg, mri, blood work. He has alot of hardware in his neck from his orginal surgery 30 something years ago and then he got the titanium disc put in in July, so I guess he messed up the mri :eek: They decided to do another kind of mri where they inject dye in so they could see the carotid artery. All tests were fine! The found nothing wrong. They are saying this was a tmi, not sure what the letters mean, but it's a mini stroke, which they say is a warning sign. But then they found nothing wrong, so we are kind of confused about that. They put him on an aspirin a day and thats it! So of course I am going to be a nervous nellie all the time now. We just got home a while ago and he's taking a relaxing shower now. We are both exhausted. Poor Wex was a mess the whole time until John had him jump up on the hospital bed and he fell asleep! John calls him the "country club dog". He just wanted to be with his daddy, it was so cute!

John calls him the "country club dog". He just wanted to be with his daddy, it was so cute!

Wow what a night, I am glad everything is OK. Good or bad its a great thing that our animals are allowed in hospitals.

I have heard TMI used before also but its always meant "To Much Information", I doubt this is not what they were referring too.

Aw geesh Cindy! I am glad everything is fine, but I am sure you kinda hoped they found something so they could fix it instead of saying they can't find anything and it's a "warning sign". I would be a nervous wreck to. Poor John, how much more does the guy have to go thru. I know you are right there with him. And our Sexy Wexy. Bless his heart. I am sure he could sense something wrong and even he wanted to fix it. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Cindy & John....OH! NO! Cindy, you must have been so scared. John, I hope you're feeling better....that was so scary for you. I'm so glad that you're okay and I hope this means that the aspirin will be all you need. I wish I could do something for you.

Cindy, please let us know how he's doing. Poor Wexy, he got to get in bed with John and I'm sure that made both of them happy. Such a great buddy!!!!

Cindy & John we're all right here for you. Take care and keep us apprised of how you're doing.

You guys have a cruise coming-up......gotta be well for that!!!!

We love you both and are thinking about you.

Well we didn't have a very good night last night. About 900 John says he's feeling funny and thinks he's having a stroke! By the time I got out of the chair, his mouth was drooping as he talked. I immediately called 911. The whole thing lasted maybe 5 seconds. By the time the emts got here he was fine. He spent the night at the hospital and had a battery of tests done, cat scan, ecg, mri, blood work. He has alot of hardware in his neck from his orginal surgery 30 something years ago and then he got the titanium disc put in in July, so I guess he messed up the mri :eek: They decided to do another kind of mri where they inject dye in so they could see the carotid artery. All tests were fine! The found nothing wrong. They are saying this was a tmi, not sure what the letters mean, but it's a mini stroke, which they say is a warning sign. But then they found nothing wrong, so we are kind of confused about that. They put him on an aspirin a day and thats it! So of course I am going to be a nervous nellie all the time now. We just got home a while ago and he's taking a relaxing shower now. We are both exhausted. Poor Wex was a mess the whole time until John had him jump up on the hospital bed and he fell asleep! John calls him the "country club dog". He just wanted to be with his daddy, it was so cute!

They might have said TIA - Transient ischemic attack. My auntie had several over a few years but her family didn't know it. Good thing you went to the hospital and now you know what to watch for. Glad John is OK. :)

They might have said TIA - Transient ischemic attack. My auntie had several over a few years but her family didn't know it. Good thing you went to the hospital and now you know what to watch for. Glad John is OK. :)

You are right it is a tia. My mistake. We heard so many abbreviations yesterday, I was confused. Thanks cuz I didn't remember what it stood for either.

Wow what a night, I am glad everything is OK. Good or bad its a great thing that our animals are allowed in hospitals.

I have heard TMI used before also but its always meant "To Much Information", I doubt this is not what they were referring too.

You are right it's not tmi. :confused: