Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

DKD, good thoughts also to your daughter from big, sweet Raylene and me. Fuzzy black Lab hugs all around.

Fairbourne, I think you need a Raylene cyber-hug, too.

Roz, have a wonderful time with the family. Priceless! (No excuses this time, by the way - we demand photos!)

DKD, good thoughts also to your daughter from big, sweet Raylene and me. Fuzzy black Lab hugs all around.

Fairbourne, I think you need a Raylene cyber-hug, too.

Roz, have a wonderful time with the family. Priceless! (No excuses this time, by the way - we demand photos!)

Thanks, Chris! It's their first time cruising, it's going to be so much fun watching them get all excited!

I never get over seeing these beautiful ships right before embarkation.....I don't know who's more excited me or them!

Whoa! Wait a minute! Don't anyone move!!!! No one and I mean no one deletes my Cindy's ticker! You got me to answer to if you do!!!!! :mad:

I can't get rid of it! I want it deleted.

Whos going on the cruise with you Roz?

I can't get rid of it! I want it deleted.

Whos going on the cruise with you Roz?

Morey and I would take our children on all kinds of vacations but we never took them on a cruise. The first time we ever cruised was in the late 1980's. By then they were busy with school and didn't want to leave their friends.

So, I took my son back in September and now I'm taking my daughter and her two daughter's. I let them pick the cruise ship and I picked the cabins.

It's going to be so much fun to see their eyes light-up as they see this huge floating hotel cruise along the pacific ocean. I'm looking forward to their delight at it all!

They picked the Carnival Miracle. I wanted Disney but there's nothing out of the West Coast. I would prefer Princess or Celebrity but I'm afraid they'd be bored to tears on one of their ships. So, it's "kick-it-up-a-notch" Carnival. I'm sure they'll love the huge water slide, the Yellow Brick Road and the Cherry On Top candy store. There's lots for them to do onboard this ship and I'm going to watch them do it!!! Life is good!:D

Well, Horton Jeffrey is back from the groomer and he's so handsome. He's also so exhausted. It's work staying at a groomer who also has a doggie daycare.

There's a HUGE Labradoodle named Gershwin who thinks that Horton is a big threat to the other dogs and won't let him join in the fun. They have to take Gershwin and put him in with the Llaso's, Poodles and Shi Tzu's just to shut him up! He's absolutely gorgeous but Horton is a manly, man kind of dog and Gershwin, well, he's more like Caitlyn Jenner!!!! If you know what I mean. Not a bad thing.......just doesn't like Horton's maleness so much!!!!

Well, Horton Jeffrey is back from the groomer and he's so handsome. He's also so exhausted. It's work staying at a groomer who also has a doggie daycare.

There's a HUGE Labradoodle named Gershwin who thinks that Horton is a big threat to the other dogs and won't let him join in the fun. They have to take Gershwin and put him in with the Llaso's, Poodles and Shi Tzu's just to shut him up! He's absolutely gorgeous but Horton is a manly, man kind of dog and Gershwin, well, he's more like Caitlyn Jenner!!!! If you know what I mean. Not a bad thing.......just doesn't like Horton's maleness so much!!!!

LOL!!! I had to google Caitlyn Jenner, ha ha! Perfect! :D

Roz - Aruba and me send you and yours, fabulous wishes for a wonderful dreamy cruise with your girls and your handsome Boy!

Thanks everyone for their encouraging and kind words and cyber hugs, I do appreciate it - :)

LOL!!! I had to google Caitlyn Jenner, ha ha! Perfect! :D

Roz - Aruba and me send you and yours, fabulous wishes for a wonderful dreamy cruise with your girls and your handsome Boy!

Thanks everyone for their encouraging and kind words and cyber hugs, I do appreciate it - :)

Thank you, my bonnie Scottish lass! [is that okay to say?]

I can't wait to see the kids eyes light-up! This ship has the most amazing stuff for them to enjoy.

Talk to you in a week.

Morey and I would take our children on all kinds of vacations but we never took them on a cruise. The first time we ever cruised was in the late 1980's. By then they were busy with school and didn't want to leave their friends.

So, I took my son back in September and now I'm taking my daughter and her two daughter's. I let them pick the cruise ship and I picked the cabins.

It's going to be so much fun to see their eyes light-up as they see this huge floating hotel cruise along the pacific ocean. I'm looking forward to their delight at it all!

They picked the Carnival Miracle. I wanted Disney but there's nothing out of the West Coast. I would prefer Princess or Celebrity but I'm afraid they'd be bored to tears on one of their ships. So, it's "kick-it-up-a-notch" Carnival. I'm sure they'll love the huge water slide, the Yellow Brick Road and the Cherry On Top candy store. There's lots for them to do onboard this ship and I'm going to watch them do it!!! Life is good!:D

Sounds like fun!!!!! I love taking people that have never cruised before. It's so much fun watching their faces.

Love when they go to the groomer, Wex went last Friday.

LOL at the Caitlyn Jenner and to Fairbourne who had no clue who she was.

Want to wish you a great cruise Roz and Horty. We are back from ours two weeks now. Have a great time with the family.

Sorry but I have been so busy and not even lurking. Hope everyone is fine and the fur babies too.

Want to wish you a great cruise Roz and Horty. We are back from ours two weeks now. Have a great time with the family.

Sorry but I have been so busy and not even lurking. Hope everyone is fine and the fur babies too.

Hello dear Trudy......I've been thinking about you. I hope all is well for you. Thank you, I hope to enjoy the children from the first day to the last!

Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

Aunty Roz and Horton we send you our love and Bon voyage wishes for a fabulous cruise with your family! :D

Holly - I'm so glad you're having such fun with your boy!

Now where is DKD - I thought he'd be back by now? Maybe he's gone to get Sutter?

My news ..... You know this thing about speeding up time, well I'd like to slow it right down please ....... Our darling girl Aruba is confirmed to go to the Training Centre on 21st July. So only five more weeks of glorious Aruba times and then it's tears at bedtime! :o. But, every time I read about, hear about, or see someone with their working guide dog, and of course all you great folk on here who have or are waiting for their dogs and share your stories with the rest of us and just how much your dogs mean to you and what a difference they make to your lives - I just know we've done the right thing. Over the past year and a bit, I've done things, been places, and met people I would never have, had it not been for Aruba! So we have a lot to be grateful for and it's been such fun.

Will we do it again - you can bet your life on it!!! But we are going to have a holiday first - a cruise of course! DKD - you were right - it's addictive! :D.

Enjoy every moment you have with that sweet girl. She is going to impact someone else's life tremendously!

Dianne

What a wonderful class we had today at MAWP. They set up "MAWP Airlines". They put chairs together as close as airline seats and used boards and things to make the size of an airplane. They even did the roped off entrance to security, and we had to go through.

The dogs got patted down. It was a good experience to expose us to what it would be like to fly with our dogs. They even had people play kids, and obnoxious passengers.

Jagger did really well. In fact everyone noticed how improved we both are. We have really bonded.

I hated leaving him but hopefully he's coming back again on Tuesday. I'm hoping soon they'll let me keep him until advanced training.

I sent back the Mutluks that I ordered. They just wouldn't stay on Jagger's feet. One of the trainers brought in a pair of Urban Walkers. Although quite expensive as they sell them in pairs, not fours - I can see they'd work better. I think. I'm going to order a set. Good thing about Amazon is that they are good at accepting returns. (and Jagger never really wore them as he kicked them off in seconds).

The good part about selling them in two's is some dog's front and back paws are different sizes. I'll let you know what I think about them. Have to re-measure Jagger's feet as they want width of the paws.

Little Bear has been going from room to room looking for Jagger. I think they've bonded too, even if Bear doesn't play.

I miss Jagger! I cannot believe how fast they get into our hearts...

Holly, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time with the training. It will be no time at all until you get to bring Jagger home to stay forever. I'm so glad you're willing to share your journey with all of us. Please keep the stories coming.

Thanks!

Beckie