Thanksgiving dinner

CalCruzer

We will be onboard the Island Princess Thanksgiving Day. Does anyone know, from past experience, if they will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner that evening? Even though we have 'anytime dining' should we make a reservation for that evening in order to celebrate our custom?

There will be a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixin's offered, along with other menu selections. Last year all the bars were decorated with Thanksgiving decorations and we had turkey and AND lobster!

Last year all the bars were decorated with Thanksgiving decorations and we had turkey and AND lobster!

I love lobster and the only place I ever seem to have it is on a cruise ship. Go figure.

We were on Grand Princess for Thanksgiving in '99. They had turkey and all the trimmings plus great centerpieces and sculptures in addition to other dining choices. I still giggle when I see the picture of the "Tom turkey" carved out of butter and decorated in natural colors. There were lots of families on this cruise. The crew tries very hard to cater to all the Americans cruising on Thanksgiving. Have fun and start your holiday season with a bang!

We were on the Coral Princess for Thanksgiving in '05 and had a wonderful meal. There was an amazing display of carved pumpkins, gourds, etc. A great way to spend the holiday!!

and yes there was turkey and pumpkins at dinner but I couldn't pass up the lobster. Here is a link to some Thanksgiving decorations on the Diamond last year. There are about 5 different pics, so just keep choosing "next".

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/image/71980756

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for sharing the photo's. The pastry chefs are quite creative with their holiday flare.

Archived