Was I On The Same Cruise? Maasdam 06/30 - 07/07

bostom

The last few HAL cruises I've been on, they've asked for my cabin #. I asked one of the hostesses why they did this, and she said it was for survey purposes. They use the info to obtain demographic info on the types of passengers who prefer the DR, and to determine how often they eat in the DR. ......................

Actually, this response makes little or no sense to me either. And I am curious about the "hostesses"? Who are they? In the dining room? I just don't recall ever seeing a "hostess" in the dining room on a HAL ship.

It still really puzzles me why they would ask for a cabin number. We had lunch in the DR on the Prinsendam in December and they didn't ask for our cabin #.

Not that it's important, I'm just curious. I just don't see how they'd get a demographic out of that information without going to a lot of trouble.

P.S. Bostom ... after posting I saw your new post above mine. I understand your humor, your wit and your irony. But many here do not and I've found myself in a heap of trouble many times because of that. Sail is a friend of mind so I'll defend her here always. I knew her comments to you were sincere. But I also know what HAL means to her. So I know where she is coming from.

Having said that, your wry sense of humor was not lost to me. And I'm so glad that you obviously had a really good time along with a few flies in the ointment :).

...............Sail is a friend of mind so I'll defend her here always. I knew her comments to you were sincere. ..............

Too late to edit this comment and I wanted to clarify. I meant to say I would defend Sail's intentions and sincerity always. Obviously there are times we disagree, but I know her to be sincere in all that she posts. She does not say what she does not mean.

Hi Bostom,

I was debating whether or not to even write about our experience, I hate to make waves, but since you mentioned your experience, I will also. Readers, please remember Your Mileage May Vary...

Bostom, you are describing the same cruise we were on. You are correct that it did not ruin the cruise. The ports were great, Patty Ross the comedienne you spoke of was the best entertainer on the ship. It's amazing she could recover so well from having a group of 6-8 year olds attend her show.

But when I pay good money for a cruise, I expect that the basics (health??) be taken care of and no matter what the policy of the organizaton or it's devotees, customer problems even for the lower deck passengers must be resolved to the customers satisfaction. This did not happen for 'steerage' passengers.

Yes we were on the same cruise. We were also on Main Deck. Yes, we SAW the rooms that were being cleaned and aired out. Yes, we SMELLED the problems in various lower deck areas where suite dwellers do not travel. Yes, Our cabin steward confirmed it was toilet problems and he confirmed the cabin occupants were not moved to a different cabin. Yes, the last morning of the cruise our own water problems started. Water was coming up from the drain under the toilet and we decamped with haste.

In the Pinnacle Grill, with at least 6 staff members attending us and the Grill nearly empty, we were served the wrong entree. Where was the attention to detail that they are supposed to deliver? It didn't ruin our dinner, but the product advertised, perfection in dining, was not delivered with accuracy.

We tried numerous times to find Gildus to help us with our late dining seating that we could not use and no one, NO ONE, could find him for us. So we ate 5 out of 7 evenings in the Lido. Perhaps this was not a bad thing considering Bostom's dining room experience. Room service dining was not comfortable in our room and I had depended on using it if we received late seating. I didn't pay for a cruise to eat nearly every meal in a cafeteria.

Our cabin was a balmy 78 degrees on a NE/Canada cruise and no one could be found to adjust the air conditioning after repeated calls, even by our steward. This could be a big problem on a warm climate cruise. Thank heavens for the CC poster who mentioned this in one of the hundreds of posts I read. I had packed a fan, so we had some air flow over the bed. But it was HOT.

Yes, this was the worst cruise I have ever experienced and I do love to cruise.

I questioned the asking for cabin number on the Oosterdam in Feb. and was told that ship management pays close attention to passenger surveys so they keep track of cabin numbers and match them to comments. I do not know if this is true!!! I find it kind of hard to believe, but I do think that they must have a good reason.

I am a big fan of HAL, but there are many unhappy staff--I do not know how many times I have heard the term "Carnivalization" used by staff as a reason for their discontent. There is also a lot of staff discontent with the tipping policy---HAL policy used to be tips not required--but expected!!! The people that lost the most with the new system is the people that you see. I am sure that the people that we do not see who now get part of the tip pool are happy.

Well I am off on the Ryndam tomorrow--first HAL cruise since Oosterdam. While I have not cruised HAL as much as many posters--105 days--I have noticed a bit of a decline in service, but always remind myself that I am paying less for a cruise today then 10 years ago so somthing has to give--the cruiselines need to make money!

Bostom.....

I expressed genuine empathy for your disappointments about your cruise...If you don't care for my comments......sorry.

I feel no need to defend myself. Nowhere in my post did I hint your opinions were invalid or what you stated did not happen. There was no need for you to 'rip me to shreds'. IMO

I'm sorry you think I did. If you do, yours is a pretty thin skin, and particularly so as some of your comments most certainly not only implied but indeed questioned the veracity of what I reported because you saw no evidence of same. Please re-read them. How else might one interpret such darts as "speechless", "dropping my jaw", "Unfriendly crew??? WHAT??", or my personal favorite "Beats me how you could have found the unfriendly crew person when we never saw them.", not to mention "How can we have been on the same ship at the same time?", "How could we all have been eating the same food..." etc. Are these affirmations in your book?

That said, I've no wish to offend you per se but only to point out there are other, equally valid opinions. On that we agree. If however - by disagreeing with what you wrote in response to my post - I have, well, I can't help that. Your response, sadly, was hardly an exemplar of "genuine empathy."

BTW.......were you at our Meet and Greet in Crows Nest? Did you participate in the Roll Call? I'm curious if we actually met.

"No", I wasn't and "no", I didn't. The reason? Like Groucho Marx, I'm disinclined to join any club that would have me. A thought you'll probably second, while adding "No worries, Sunshine. None will."

It's silly to continue this. Like me, it must be hard for you to step back and read what you wrote through the eyes of another. I'll certainly accept you meant no offence if you'll do the same. And if we find ourselves on the same cruise someday, I'll buy you a Wang Wang. How's that?

Well, I'm just so sad to read Luv to Cruise's post because clearly there was unhappiness on this cruise. We always have to remember that on any given cruise CC makes up a very small percentage of those on board. Yet here we have 2 very similar stories on one thread about just one cruise.

It saddens me to read it because I enjoy HAL and am so looking forward to our next cruise this November. Carnival has owned HAL for a very long time so the "Carnivalization" has been going on for many years. I do think it has to have an effect even though they've tried very hard to keep HAL in the old tradition.

I still think the most inexcusable issue is the plumbing problems. I can't even begin to imagine being forced to remain in a room with that going on. I think I'd be out sleeping on one of the deck chairs:o .

OK folks, please go back and read both what Bostom and S7S posted, then recall the old saw, opinions are like noses; everyone has one and they are never the same.

The reason I and my DW started sailing on HAL was because we experienced a toilet situation on a Princess Cruise (Trans-Canal with several at sea days) where we had the delightful olfactory experience of raw sewage...all 12 days. We resorted to deck chairs a few evenings ourselves.

Loved the cruise and got to meet a lot of people because we were seldom in our room. If you asked a couple we met at dinner the first night (open seating) with whom we became close friends, they would say the cruise was close to perfect. If you asked us, we would say we enjoyed the experience but we would not leave out the toilet issue and the inability of the staff to find the cause and correct it.

That was our last time on Princess because we decided to try HAL (the old Nieuw Amsterdam) and loved the experience, even though we experienced a few hitches on that trip as well. (What cruise goes without some hitches, anyway?)

Please. Bostom wrote a rather complete summary that clearly states that the cruise was clearly not perfect in many ways, but still was a blast.

If your experience differed, then summarize your experience, but do not take Bostom to task for having an experience that didn't match yours.

Thanks.

Hi Bostom and Luv to cruise- I was on the 6/30 Maasdam sailing too. We had AC problems too in cabin 649. I can't believe they couldn't fix the AC. We had 3 service calls with no lasting success. We had to use a fan all week. We were given a $150 credit and a tray of candy. I would have rather had a cool room!

The dining room service (table 52 at 8:00 pm) was very slow. It shouldn't take 1 hour 45 minutes for a table of two to eat.

We are grateful our plumbing worked and did enjoy the cruise inspite of the problems.

To put things in context, we are seasoned Celebrity cruisers and we do about 3-6 cruises per year. This year we decided to try something else. First was HAL and this cruise. Furthermore, I have never sailed on Celebrity with less than Concierge Class - so to me the few 'extras' you get for that, is my 'baseline'.

This review is somewhat of a comparison - it might be useful to someone trying to decide between the two.

We got one of the last cabins on the ship - so we ended up way down in the bottom. Where the cabin numbers are high but the elevator numbers are low (BTW - what's up with that - I found it very confusing). A-deck, deck 4 and cabins in the 7000 range all in the same place.

To me the closest thing to this ship (size, age etc) that I have been on, was Century (long before the redo) - so in my mind most comparisons are done with that cruise in mind.

Checking In:

We did all our stuff online and printed it - and I (naively) expected us to give the form, swipe the passport and just walk in - however it took quite a bit longer. Then got harassment from the scanner guy (not from HAL) about the wine and champagne that we were brining.

Once on board I was surprised to find that there was no-one waiting for us with a welcome champagne as you get on Celebrity.

The cabin was relatively spacious - the bathroom was nice and big - much bigger than I think I ever had on Celebrity. Unfortunately we only had a window because we had to take what was there. The window was dirty throughout the cruise and they never cleaned it - so I guess I had a semi-window.

I had ordered the anchors aweigh flower arrangement - seeing that we always had flowers in our Celebrity Cabin (CC perk). It was tiny - but I still liked it anyway.

I had also ordered two bottles of 'champagne' beforehand - however what arrived was 'French Sparkling Wine'. It had a delicate aftertaste of baking soda. I think this is rather deceptive to advertise it as champagne and then have the audacity to give actual sparkling wine. We are not talking about methode champagnoise made somewhere else - truly SHAM PAIN! Yuk. It is the same stuff they give to you all over the ship as freebies. I paid $23 a bottle for the crap as bon voyage gifts. Only one bottle was on ice, and get this - NO CHAMPAGNE FLUTES! Were we expected to drink it out of the water glasses?

We then joined friends in their cabin and it was off to the lifeboat drill. For some reason I had issues getting the HAL life jacket on - it just seemed very complicated. You go through a process where they tick off your name and it is very tedious. As always you have a bunch of more important people than yourself that do not bother to show up at the time and everyone has to wait for them as they repeatedly called the same cabin numbers over and over again.

It was time for a Wang Wang. The first of MANY that we consumed on the ship.

I had been looking forward to dinner as that is one of my favorite activities on ship - we had a table for six way in the back by the windows in the corner on the main level - 2nd seating.

When arriving at the table I was surprised to find a small Denny's style wine list on the table. It was a laminated menu with pictures of winery icons next to the the names of wine varieties. There was no Sommelier anywhere in sight.

The dinner menu itself was very small - only one small sheet. I thought this was because it was the first night maybe. Later I would find out that this is normal for every night. If you also take into account that the bottom part is occupied by items that are available every day. Soups and appetizers were mixed up in the menu - I often ordered stuff that I thought would be soup but then turned out to be not. Very confusing (to me). On Celebrity the menu is two facing pages all broken down into groups.

On Celebrity we normally befriend the table stewards and assistants and the Sommelier assigned to our table on day one and we have never had one that did not go out of their way to help us because we are typically a 'fun' table to them. It is quite common for them to come chat with us whenever they get the chance just because we treat them as well as they do us, and it is just a win-win for everyone.

Not on this cruise. We had our food orders mixed up, often showing up after a very long wait, we had to beg for a real wine menu (they do have them) - even on that the selections are pretty dull compared to Celebrity.

We complained to the maitre d' and another guy in a white outfit - cannot even remember his rank.

After a few nights (and higher up intervention) things got better - we actually got a wine menu at our table when we arrived. However late and missing orders never changed. On the last night we had musical plates - one plate was moved between three different people by the steward. One of our table guests received NOT ONE thing that he had ordered - but he just laughed about it.

Overall, I would say that our dining room issues had less to do with the person actually serving us there at that time and more to do with what seems to be something structurally wrong higher up.

The good:

The captain was a very pleasant man and we met him socially on several occasions.

We often ordered room service for breakfast - and the juices etc. that we could order is only available to Concierge Class passengers on Celebrity. Our omelettes actually arrived hot. SO I would say that for breakfast in the room HAL was better. Upstairs in the Lido was a different story - not as many choices.

The bar staff all knew my name and would say hi to me whenever they saw me - so that was good.

At dinner it is nice to know if you hate everything else on the menu you can get on of your favs.

I liked the bathroom and the bathtub - or course I can lift my leg high enough - so to me it is a plus to have the bathtub.

The bad/mediocre:

Dinner in general - not nearly as much choice as on Celebrity.

At lunch in the dinging room one day - some people at the table ordered ice tea. After 45 mins it had still not arrived in spite of me asking the steward repeated for it.

We had dinner in the Pinnacle Grill one night. Compared to eating in a Celebrity speciality restuarant there is just absolutely NO comparison. On Celebrity it is a white glove event - they cook at your table, it is full of ceremony and you feel like you are being treated to something wonderful. Eating is an event and it is a several course menu that takes you all night long. In the Pinnacle Grill is was a drawn out event with waiting and nothing happening, that ended in very mediocre fillet mignon that just appeared from the kitchen after a very long time. And again the usual mix-up in who gets what etc.

The entertainment was pretty amateurish - with the exception of the comedienne Patty.

The HORRIBLE:

Well - we were one of the cabins with potty problems - as were others on the upper decks. I am sorry, but a toilet not flushing when you press the button is bad enough. But then having one that does not get fixed for hours and hours is really bad. We got used to the idea that you press the button - and then after maybe a minute or so it would flush. Sometimes not. We then reported those. After the third time I really had it with them and complained directly at the front desk. I received a note of apology and a very nice platter of yummy snacks (they turned out to be Pinnacle Grill items that you get with your coffee). I thought that was very nice of them and sort of forgave them for the problems. However on the last night of the cruise it happened again - this time much worse - and with the listing of the ship our whole toilet floor was eventually covered in towels and well you get the drift. Running after the plumber at 4am is not fun.

I thought it was disgusting, and I am still trying to figure out what I can do to make it clear to HAL/CDC etc that this is is not cool to subject your passengers to this. When you do have a problem, you need to call your cabin steward - he then presses the button to make sure you are not fibbing - and then from there the slow process starts to fix the toilet. In general it takes about a day to get it fixed. On a seven day cruise with 4 major issues - I think it is pretty pathetic.

Overall we went on the cruise believing we are doing a line that is equivalent to Celebrity. In many ways I would say it does not even come close.

Will I cruise with them again? Sure - I guess. They will not be at the top of my list - but I will do it given the right circumstances.

We were going to put down a deposit on a future cruise - valid for 4 years - but then decided not to. We have several cruises booked for the future on other lines - as I said this is our year to try others out with the first other one in a couple of months.

Now all of these problems we had could be totally just be THIS ship and THIS sailing - I don't know.

I guess at the end of the day, even a bad cruise is better than no cruise at all.

However, we paid $2,300 US for this cruise - and half the time we had to use public restrooms.

Good value for money? I think not. And no, no Century either :(

We were also on this cruise and fortunately did not experience any problems with plumbing, AC or flooding. We were not in a Suite but were on Navigation Deck. I do believe that folks don't read the signs and were trying to flush things down the toilets which clogged up a whole section at one time. This is very unfortunate -- but they also don't read the signs near the Lido pool either, and children were jumping in, etc. while their parents ignored them and sat on the side lines.

We were among those who were lucky and had a wonderful cruise. We had no problems in the dining room and had great service at our table for 2 - Main sitting. We also had no problems with the crew being unfriendly.

Did not see anyone smoking around the Lido pool...only in the very small section next to the Lido Bar which they permitted on this cruise. I believe this was because of the northern itinerary we were doing...hats off to HAL for this.

Our only complaint is that the cruise wasn't long enough for us as we really had a great time!

Now all of these problems we had could be totally just be THIS ship and THIS sailing - I don't know.

(

Unfortunately, I spend TOO much time on this board and this is a reoccuring problem(the toilets) with the Maasdam. HAL and the ship's staff certainly is aware of the problem. Btw, just for reference, I have cruised on the Maasdam, in 2004, and had no problems. It seems I started reading about these problems in 2005 or so, but please don't quote me.

Edited to say that the a/c seems to be a reoccuring problem I've read about on here also(even in the suite category, if memory serves me, and it may not, lol).

Marie

We were also on this cruise and fortunately did not experience any problems with plumbing, AC or flooding. We were not in a Suite but were on Navigation Deck. I do believe that folks don't read the signs and were trying to flush things down the toilets which clogged up a whole section at one time. This is very unfortunate -- but they also don't read the signs near the Lido pool either, and children were jumping in, etc. while their parents ignored them and sat on the side lines.

We were among those who were lucky and had a wonderful cruise. We had no problems in the dining room and had great service at our table for 2 - Main sitting. We also had no problems with the crew being unfriendly.

Did not see anyone smoking around the Lido pool...only in the very small section next to the Lido Bar which they permitted on this cruise. I believe this was because of the northern itinerary we were doing...hats off to HAL for this.

Our only complaint is that the cruise wasn't long enough for us as we really had a great time!

Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

I find it hard to believe passengers tried to flush diapers and other forbidden items down the toliets. The intake opening was so small on the toliet that I was happy it flushed even "legal" stuff. I think it is more likely the waste water system was overloaded due to the 1300+ passengers on board.

We only paid $1500 (minus the $150 credit for no AC) for our DA cabin so this great bargain made it easier to be happy. The cabin wasn't as clean as the ones on my other HAL cruises. The bathroom tile had mold stains and the sheer window curtains were dirty and stained.

We did have a fun cruise. Maybe my charming cabin mate (not HAL) should get most of the credit!

It's possible that some of us overlook issues or events that we don't consider "deal-breakers" We've noticed some "not-so-nice" odors on ships, and also delayed flushing which can be common with marine toilets. I'd have to say that if I experienced an overflow of the proportions described that I'd be quite upset too.

We've been on 5 other cruise lines as well as HAL, and we have had inconveniences and some not so great service on every ship we've been on. We've seen pax pounding on the front desk and poor passenger behavior too.

If my overall cruise experience is poor on more than one ship in a line, and the complaints echoed on a forum such as this are familiar to me too, I would choose another cruise line.

My perception is that HAL is not perfect and has weaknesses in certain areas but we are happy and at home on HAL and choose to continue to cruise with them. We fill out our comment cards, visit the guest relations manager on board, if need be, report what needs to be reported and are generally satisfied with the response. Until we're unsatisfied, and see that problems are not being addressed, we'll stay with HAL.

GN

...........I find it hard to believe passengers tried to flush diapers and other forbidden items down the toliets. The intake opening was so small on the toliet that I was happy it flushed even "legal" stuff. I think it is more likely the waste water system was overloaded due to the 1300+ passengers on board...........

Oh, I don't know.....but somehow, I don't think HAL puts these in all bathrooms for decoration purposes because they go well with the beige tile...........what do you think?

IMG_6103.JPG.638e0da2185706251cac1cd9de151e0c.JPG

A/C problem-I wonder as some have stated before if people are leaving their balcony doors open that it affects the A/C in that particular area. I have not heard of this as a cause on any of our cruises but I think Lisa has mentioned this previously in a post as a warning.

A/C problem-I wonder as some have stated before if people are leaving their balcony doors open that it affects the A/C in that particular area. I have not heard of this as a cause on any of our cruises but I think Lisa has mentioned this previously in a post as a warning.

It's those #@%#& bungee cord folks!!

;)

First, this thread is truly appalling. That anyone should be stuck in a room (in the modern world) with overflowing toilets for even one night in this day and age is outrageous. The Statendam had similar problems and (ugh!!!) pictures recently, and may still have.

Bostom and Luvtocruise - I appreciate your honest comments. That is why I monitor these boards - I want to hear the good AND the bad. Bostom, all your posts make a great deal of sense and I have encountered all of these situations (minus the overflowing toilets) on my one "recent" cruise 3 years ago on Princess. I was burned at the stake for posting them. After vowing never to cruise again, we decided to take a chance on HAL. We are going on Oosterdam in December. We won't expect the moon and hopefully we won't be disappointed. Please keep posting your cruise experiences wherever and whenever they occur. It's posts like these that keep these boards "honest."

"Gosh! You have got to try (ship/hotel/resort)! It’s SWELL! We always have a great time!"

"Yeah, well, we were there the same time you were and we were (ripped off/mugged/killed and eaten by wolves)!"

The question here is not so much whether one experience did or did not occur, or is more or less valid than another. We have all had vacation disasters. (Do NOT get me started! J )

The question (IMO) is: Is this an example of the vacation equivalent of being struck by lightning, or something more. Is it an example of something declining in quality overall (a trend), or simply "a bad hair day"? That is why the number and frequency of reviews, good and otherwise, is so important. More info is better.

One of the down sides to cruising is it is tough to change rooms or hotels. One is "stuck". Maasdam in particular has had issues - plumbing and propulsion. The plumbing issues appear to be more frequent on the lower decks. As a former shipboard engineer, I hate the marine vacu-flush systems, and people DO try to flush everything. I am looking forward to HALs enforcement of the "What may be flushed" policy..."Excuse me, what are you doing in my bathroom?" :)

On my mere three HAL cruises (2 Maasdam-no issues) not one crewmember has remembered my name. (Cabin # yes). This bothers me not at all. I'm used to it. (After 25+ years DW sometimes stills calls "Hey you there") This may set some people on edge tho, especially if they expect otherwise.

BTW even at funerals simple politeness calls for a social response like "I am sorry for your loss" even when words may fail. I am sorry you and your friends had a bad cruise experience.

Cheers

Mark

Perhaps a solutions for the people who throw things down the toilet that are no nos, and for those who leave their cabin doors open with a bungee cord and cause air conditioning problems for others, would be to have the cruise director make some announcements the first night out before the show.

I know there are signs in the bathrooms, but there are many people who don't read them and don't pay attentions to them because they think it won't affect them. Also, there are others who don't know about the open doors causing problems. Maybe if it was stated that those who do these things might cause problems for THEMSELVES...their own toilets overflowing, they just might think twice before disposing diapers down the toilets.

I'm sorry you think I did. If you do, yours is a pretty thin skin, and particularly so as some of your comments most certainly not only implied but indeed questioned the veracity of what I reported because you saw no evidence of same. Please re-read them. How else might one interpret such darts as "speechless", "dropping my jaw", "Unfriendly crew??? WHAT??", or my personal favorite "Beats me how you could have found the unfriendly crew person when we never saw them.", not to mention "How can we have been on the same ship at the same time?", "How could we all have been eating the same food..." etc. Are these affirmations in your book?

That said, I've no wish to offend you per se but only to point out there are other, equally valid opinions.

Hasn't this gone far enough:rolleyes:

S7S posted her review, the OP disagreed

however, why stop at disagreement if you can launch missiles:confused:

ok: bottom line: 2 people were on the same cruise; one had a fabulous time while the other didn't:eek:

shock shock .. anyone ever go to a restaurant where one meal was incredible and the other was a "send back"

quite frankly, IMHO the comments by the OP were not only unjustified but were uncalled for

no one wants a broken toilet; no one wants A/C that doesn't work; no one wants a bad meal in the dining room

but I've always found one fact extremely interesting when watching pax inter-act with crew .. a smile, a "please" and thank you go a long way:rolleyes:

The Main Deck doesn't have balcony cabins. Besides the outside air was much cooler than inside the Maasdam.

This may be a stupid question but why in God's name would someone flush a diaper or anything other than the usual down a toilet ANYWHERE, let alone on a cruise ship? :confused: Do people just not have any sense at all?

(just for reference, the 2nd question is rhetorical :))

Our cabin was a balmy 78 degrees on a NE/Canada cruise and no one could be found to adjust the air conditioning after repeated calls, even by our steward. This could be a big problem on a warm climate cruise. Thank heavens for the CC poster who mentioned this in one of the hundreds of posts I read. I had packed a fan, so we had some air flow over the bed. But it was HOT.

Yes, this was the worst cruise I have ever experienced and I do love to cruise.

Luv_to_Cruise, I don't know if it was my post you read, but I couldn't have managed on Maasdam without my fan. I was derided by one poster for mentioning it. I will never sail Maasdam again due to these a/c problems, despite being happy with HAL (next cruise - Zuiderdam December 15/07)

This may be a stupid question but why in God's name would someone flush a diaper or anything other than the usual down a toilet ANYWHERE, let alone on a cruise ship? :confused: Do people just not have any sense at all?

(just for reference, the 2nd question is rhetorical :))

Let me preface this by saying I know your question is rhetorical :). Since the toilet problem is ongoing, I am not sure I buy the diaper story by ships management, but I tend to be skeptical by nature. The a/c problem is also ongoing with this ship. My question is why hasn't this all been solved? It's been a few years now. It's not fair to the passengers or the crew who have to deal with it.

Marie

Archived