Dancing

I have an odd question - I'm taking my mom on a cruise in January and she loves to ballroom dance. I know there will be music she will be happy to dance to - but what about someone to dance with? Do they have crew that has that 'task'?

Nope, wish they did, Im single and travelling with my sister and wouldnt dance with her lol.

I think that sort of stuff went out years ago on most cruise lines. Iv heard of it but never seen it, where they provide a man to dance with the women.

Nope, wish they did, Im single and travelling with my sister and wouldnt dance with her lol.

I think that sort of stuff went out years ago on most cruise lines. Iv heard of it but never seen it, where they provide a man to dance with the women.

Bummer ;) Cause you won't catch me out there dancing with her. Oh well, it was a long shot.

Well, tell her to get on her roll call and she might meet some dancing partners. The sovereign sept 17 they are going to watch a special show and a couple of single guys are going they said because of the women.

Sometimes you can meet folks her age on the roll call she could dance with or a couple with a women who would share her husband....ya never know if she doesnt try.

I have an odd question - I'm taking my mom on a cruise in January and she loves to ballroom dance. I know there will be music she will be happy to dance to - but what about someone to dance with? Do they have crew that has that 'task'?

To bad we are not on your cruise, my husband loves to dance and he would be happy to dance with your mom. At least the slow ones. :)

There are several opportuntities for provided dancing partners - on selected ships for selected sailings. You can check out a few at the links below. BUT - best bet is for her to dress nicely (I'm sure she would), be at the dance floor and be available - there will most certainly be gentlemen aboard your cruise that will enjoy dancing with your Mom - not under 'obligation' but because it is fun and enjoyable. Attend the 'mixers' and early cruise social events to 'circulate' and identify potential opportunities. And, ENJOY the cruise!!!

Web Links:

http://www.theworkingvacation.com/

http://www.dancehostschool.com/

http://www.natran.ca/Ballroom/DiGiT.html

http://www.dancersatsea.com/

http://www.sixthstar.com/

You will find that on ships that cater to an older clientele and, sadly imo, a more well heeled clientele. I love to ballroom dance, but my Gene has two left feet and doesn't like it anyway, so I never have the opportunity.

My wife and I ballroom dance, and have found that there are usually several couples who dance. I know that it isn't considered polite for older ladies to ask someone to dance, but I wouldn't be offended at all, and wouldn't know to ask her otherwise. So my suggestion is that if she sees a gentleman she'd like to dance with, it wouldn't hurt to ask, or you could discreetly ask a gentleman to ask your Mom to dance.

On Crystal Cruise Lines, there are male "Hosts" there to dance with the single ladies. I never understood why there were no "Hostesses" for the single men???:p

Hope This Helps.

Recently there was a thread about working for you supper on a cruise. (so so speak) I forget the title, but there were several links that did in fact hire male and female hosts to dance with other cruise mates for part of their passage fee. I'll look for it, but it was definitely out there!

I have gone with my mom on a few cruises and she too loves to ballroom dance, used to do competition. She will watch the men and if she sees one she wants to dance with, she will ask! If he is with a woman, she asks if they mind if she borrows him for a dance.

I travel alone a lot of the time and love to dance. I just get to know some of the guys on the cruise director's staff and dance with them. I've even been asked to dance by the cruise director. As long as they know you like to dance they'll try anything. Remember it's their job to keep the guests happy. So put a bug in the cruise director's ear that your mom would love to dance. I'm sure he'll send somebody over. Have fun and remember you will probably never see anyone from the cruise again so dancing by yourself isn't out of the question. LOL

Archived