Unlimited Drink Pass Worth It?

Cjw0808

I am soon going on the NCL Majesty and I was wondering, is it worth it to buy the unlimited drink pass which I believe is $63? My family will probably drink quite a few soft drinks during the 7 day cruise and they are not included. Please answer back if you can. Thanks. :cool:

We sailed on Celebrity Millennium a few weks ago in the Med. The soda pass was about $60 for the 12 day cruise. Cokes/sodas were $2.95 each plus an automaticly added 15% gratuity. The math says it is well worth it if you drink more than 2 sodas/day. Hope this helps.

I am soon going on the NCL Majesty and I was wondering, is it worth it to buy the unlimited drink pass which I believe is $63? My family will probably drink quite a few soft drinks during the 7 day cruise and they are not included. Please answer back if you can. Thanks. :cool:

Am I reading you right. Unlimited HARD HOOCH for $63??? I'll take four.

That's $63 per person -- not $63 for your whole family.

No it's not worth it. You can bring soda on baord. If don't drink a lot of soda it's still cheaper to pay $2 to get a few sodas. Think about it at $2 a pop (:p ) that's still 30 drinks.

You have to realize that is fountain drinks (in a glass) you are paying for, not canned drinks. Fountain drinks just doesn't taste the same. You can get unlimited fruit punch and ice tea that's free and spend that $63.00 (each) on a tour or souvenir to remember your cruise.

We bought the soda card on our Mariner cruise because we had 3 sea days and a day on Coco Cay which we could also use the soda card. On RCI it is $4/day for someone under 18 and $6/day for adults. I knew my son would have at least 2 sodas a day and my husband 3. I got a card too and probably broke even or lost a few dollars on mine. I drink seltzer most of the time at home so soda water with a lime was my drink of choice which is charged the same as a coke.

I would look at how many sea days you have and how much soda you drink normally. If you have a very port intensive cruise then the soda card might not make sense.

I am a little confused! Are we talking about soda cards or alcohol? The way the OP wrote it, it looks like they are not talking about a soda card. An unlimited alcoholic beverage card for $63 pp is a deal! A soda card for $63 pp...not so much of a deal! If the OP can clarify the question, that would be a huge help!

:)

Guest maler

The OP specifically mentioned 'soft drinks' plus I don't know any cruise line that offers a 'drink card' for alcohol. They would go broke.

The $63 will depend entirely on how much pop your kids drink or how much you allow them to drink.

I couldn't drink $63 worth in a month!

Keep in mind that while ashore, you'll likely buy them soft drinks locally for substantially less that ship prices so the card will only be used for the most part after returning from your excursions unless you feed them pop with breakfast.

Most ships offer iced tea for free all day long if you are looking for an alternative.

I am a little confused! Are we talking about soda cards or alcohol? The way the OP wrote it, it looks like they are not talking about a soda card. An unlimited alcoholic beverage card for $63 pp is a deal! A soda card for $63 pp...not so much of a deal! If the OP can clarify the question, that would be a huge help!

:)

Since we all know there is no such thing as an unlimited alcohol card -- and even if there was she must have forgotten a zero -- plus her Q said soft drinks, the OP was asking about the soda card.

I am soon going on the NCL Majesty and I was wondering, is it worth it to buy the unlimited drink pass which I believe is $63?(No mention of Coke to this point) My family will probably drink quite a few soft drinks during the 7 day cruise and they are not included.(What orwho is not included? The soft drinks or the family?) Please answer back if you can. Thanks. :cool:

So, hoping not to appear as a total jerk, you can see why the OP could be easily mis-understood.

they are talking about NCL. NCL has a soda card for unlimited sodas...

but they, also, allow you to bring soda on board. take a 6pk of your favorite soda and buy more in the ports. people have reported that the glass they use for the drink card, is small. that the bars are slow on filling this, etc. most just take their own sodas.

it has been said that NCL does have a booze card for umlimited, but only for very large groups...haven't heard about it for a long time.

My boyfriend is a big soda drinker, and I am a moderate soda drinker. We both got the cards on our Alaskan cruise on NCL, and I feel that we totally got our money's worth, especially at the meals. If we each had two glasses of soda per meal per day, that paid for the cards. Plus we usually got glasses of soda as we wandered around the ship. So yeah, worth it.

Linda

Archived