NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Okay, points are safe and upgrade booked on my new cruise.  But it worked differently this time.

although I changed ships and dates, the reservation number did not change, it was transferred.

as such, the points did not return to my WP account but strayed attached to the reservation.

When I called to ask about reinstatement of my points, it was explained to me and all I had to do was select a cabin number for this ship.  Easy peasy, but very different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Okay, points are safe and upgrade booked on my new cruise.  But it worked differently this time.

although I changed ships and dates, the reservation number did not change, it was transferred.

as such, the points did not return to my WP account but strayed attached to the reservation.

When I called to ask about reinstatement of my points, it was explained to me and all I had to do was select a cabin number for this ship.  Easy peasy, but very different.

Ok...good. If you did the double meta or just meta did you select the upgraded cabin like from OV to balcony? Thank you for the info! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I had already done a double meta, so 60k points were attached to the reservation.  She asked if I had a particular cabin in mind, I said I did and gave her the number.  It wasn’t available but she offered the one next door, which was fine.

So glad it all worked out for you! I won't be so afraid to book something for the future!

• Like 1

I am having trouble understanding how to redeem my points for OBC.   On my BoA online account, I choose redeem points, and it gives option of cash or travel.   If i choose travel, it takes to a page to choose flights, etc.    Perhaps this has been answered, but 223 pages is a lot to look through!

thanks

• Like 2

Once you are in the rewards page look to the far right at the blue box with a pretty beach photo.  Click on that and it shows the OBC option.   But, you might consider paying your account with your NCL card, get triple points per dollar, and then request a statement credit for the amount you were going to get in OBC.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Once you are in the rewards page look to the far right at the blue box with a pretty beach photo.  Click on that and it shows the OBC option.   But, you might consider paying your account with your NCL card, get triple points per dollar, and then request a statement credit for the amount you were going to get in OBC.

thank you.   My photo was a ship and not a beach  but it worked !   I understand about paying account with card then taking the statement credit;  and still considering that.  I mostly wanted to be able to log in and investigate options such as OBC and upgrades.   We are booked in the lowest category (MC) of club suite on the Joy (7 day).   I am not sure an upgrade would mean much to us as it would only be likely a better location on ship of same cabin size, etc.   Location doesn't mean that much to us.   Looking at options.   I should have booked an oceanview and then upgraded but too late for that !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCJack said:

thank you.   My photo was a ship and not a beach  but it worked !   I understand about paying account with card then taking the statement credit;  and still considering that.  I mostly wanted to be able to log in and investigate options such as OBC and upgrades.   We are booked in the lowest category (MC) of club suite on the Joy (7 day).   I am not sure an upgrade would mean much to us as it would only be likely a better location on ship of same cabin size, etc.   Location doesn't mean that much to us.   Looking at options.   I should have booked an oceanview and then upgraded but too late for that !

Upgrades can only be done from inside and OV and only as high as a BA balcony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

Has anyone cashed in their points for a 3/4 or 7 night cruise? I'm saving for the 7 night Caribbean cruise but am wondering what the restrictions are.  Thanks!

Upgrades are only available for cruises 5 nights or longer.  If you go to the redemption page it is very clearly laid out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3dogmom said:

Has anyone cashed in their points for a 3/4 or 7 night cruise? I'm saving for the 7 night Caribbean cruise but am wondering what the restrictions are.  Thanks!

Call world points to be certain.

We have used points to upgrade family members on a 4 night this past January.

It does state as pointed out that it's 5 nights or longer but during off season and non full ships they can bend it appears.

• Like 1

So just a FYI, in case anyone is wondering.

I booked an OV, used my points to upgrade to a balcony.  As often happens, price went down after final payment so I asked for FCC, not knowing if they would even consider the request because of the upgrade or how they would calculate the FCC.  I got the FCC, it was the difference between what I paid for the OV and the current price of the OV - which makes sense to me.

It wasn't a huge amount - and would have been more if I'd waited a little longer (ship is nearly sold out, so that would have been a little risky) - but I'm happy.

• Like 5

Simple question ( I think).  To use my points to get $$ off an NCL cruise, do make a deposit on the cruise first, then go to the redemption page, or is there a certificate I receive that I send to NCL.  Tried calling BofA, but I got into the wrong loop. 

• Like 1

I know you all have no way of knowing for sure, but for those of you with years of experience and multiple cards, what do you think the chances of the 25k bonus coming back this year are? Is that something that comes and goes or has it never been that high? I just don't want to wait and it go down instead of up. 😄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Simple question ( I think).  To use my points to get $$ off an NCL cruise, do make a deposit on the cruise first, then go to the redemption page, or is there a certificate I receive that I send to NCL.  Tried calling BofA, but I got into the wrong loop. 

Yes, you must have a reservation, otherwise there is nothing to attach the points to.  There is no certificate, you just call (or use the website) to make your transaction and the points are subtracted from your WP account.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mrfeeto said:

I know you all have no way of knowing for sure, but for those of you with years of experience and multiple cards, what do you think the chances of the 25k bonus coming back this year are? Is that something that comes and goes or has it never been that high? I just don't want to wait and it go down instead of up. 😄

No way of knowing.

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Yes, you must have a reservation, otherwise there is nothing to attach the points to.  There is no certificate, you just call (or use the website) to make your transaction and the points are subtracted from your WP account.

I kind of thought so.  Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned above they used their points to upgrade family members.  Does this mean they upgraded a cabin that had no one’s name on the Norwegian credit card?  Because I tried that and wasn’t allowed to do it.  I booked 2 OV and wanted to used my WP to upgrade both a balcony.  They would upgrade my cabin since my name is on the credit card not the other OV next with family members.  Anyone else with experience with this so I know for the figure? 

16 hours ago, Shadygap said:

Someone mentioned above they used their points to upgrade family members.  Does this mean they upgraded a cabin that had no one’s name on the Norwegian credit card?  Because I tried that and wasn’t allowed to do it.  I booked 2 OV and wanted to used my WP to upgrade both a balcony.  They would upgrade my cabin since my name is on the credit card not the other OV next with family members.  Anyone else with experience with this so I know for the figure? 

I mentioned it and you correct so I know you tried,  but there is a go around.

I called boa and got additional cards issued in my daughters name mailed to me (my account). I have the cards and they don't have a clue. No different than an additional card for my wife.

Then call world points and make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I mentioned it and you correct so I know you tried,  but there is a go around.

I called boa and got additional cards issued in my daughters name mailed to me (my account). I have the cards and they don't have a clue. No different than an additional card for my wife.

Then call world points and make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing.

The card will show up on your daughters credit report.  Not that it’s a bad thing, but you may want to let her know so there are no surprises if she applies for credit.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

The card will show up on your daughters credit report.  Not that it’s a bad thing, but you may want to let her know so there are no surprises if she applies for credit.

Absolutely not.  Its my account with just additional users. Her SS was never given.  No different than on a ship. My card is put down and I authorize the use for others and I am on the hook for it.

• Like 1