Doing the document dance-NewYork NewYork, YAY

Chivalrygirl

Thanks Vic, I am so looking forward to seeing this part of your country. We have decided to bring summer gear, one jumper and one jacket each. Are we likely to meet much of the wet stuff?

We also have 4 nights in Lakewood early Sept, to visit my DH 97 yr old Aunt. A English war bride from a few years back. :D

Have sailed on the Pacific Princess out of Sydney, so I know Princess does not come up to the same standard as HAL, but any ship is better than no ship eh! :D

Val

Hi Val,

Just remember that sail bought jeans to do her trip up the New England coast. She did say she wore them on deck one day. (Anyone see those pictures yet?).It can be chilly at nights, so you will need some pants and a jacket. As to rain, who knows?

I used to go to Lakeweood, NJ, with my folks when I was a very young kid. Don't remember it though.

You're gonna have a great time.:D

For some reason (and I have no idea where I got the idea) I thought that was sort of the Newport "annex" of the New York club.

Are they two different New York Yacht Clubs? :confused:

Hi Ruth:

Yes, you are correct, the one in Newport is an "annex" of the one in New York. Sorry if I confused you.

Regards,

Arlene

We also have 4 nights in Lakewood early Sept, to visit my DH 97 yr old Aunt. A English war bride from a few years back. :D

Yes Vic, we are staying at the Best Western Leisure Inn on 1600 Route, Lakewood, NJ.

Do you know it ?

Val

I sure do! :D

Pass it almost every time I go down 9 to see my Blueclaws, or when I drive to my friends beach house.

Hi Gizmo

Guess I am aware that this was about to happen. What can one honestly say about Ernesto Bertirelli (sp). I think the classic comment from him was after the 2nd race. "We didn't come here to sail in a lottery". Me wonders who the hell chose the venue and the race committee etc. :D

I know a bit about this gentlemans antics, because I have been told confidentally by someone who was close to the hot seat. The guy is nothing but a very spoilt brat who plays with the fortune that his father made. At least Larry Ellison has made his money himself, although I have been told he can been a difficult character as well. However, then I have known the Dickson family all my life, his grandparents were friends of my parents. Chris is also a difficult character :D

Its going to be a very interesting battle eh!

Will try and write a review, but I am not as good as some folk with words. I am not expecting the same lovely service we received on the Statendam last year, nor the little extra perks that HAL offers, room service menus etc. are not at all comparable with HALS, right off the mark I think. Only time will tell, however, we are very, very excited about the ports we are to visit and just know that we are going to put 100% in to each port and that we are going to experience a wonderful time. By the time we get back on board I am picking, (to use an NZ colloquilism), we will be almost ready for the knackers yard. ;) But boy how I enjoy being on the ocean deep. I am down to counting towards our departure date now, 5 weeks 4 days, DC here I come :D

Val

Archived