What is this place called?

giraffez

Could anyone help?
If you open the jpg file with a viewer and click on "Properties" you will get the date and time that the picture was taken. (Most likely the time will be that of your home time zone.) From that info and your itinerary you should be able to pinpoint it pretty well.

That is Johns Hopkins Glacier.. The ship did not get closer becuase the waters in front of it are breeding grounds and they are prohibited from entering.

Looks like you had a wonderful day in Glacier Bay.

Everyone's solved the puzzle, but I wanted to share my photo of Tracy Arm, taken in the inside passage in May of 2006. One of my best, if I do say so. :o

Great photo, and thanks for posting it since I will be there next week. The photo just heightens my anticipation.

Valerie:)

Thanks all.

It was the glacier bay viewing day but I thought that spot had an actual name (possibly John Hopkins by the looks of it). I remember the ship went as close as it could and did a u-turn.

Nice photo of Tracey Arm btw.

I'm not sure its John Hopkins anymore (i didn't recall hearing this name), could it be Margerie Glacier?

Which ship and itinerary were you on? Did you in fact go to Glacier Bay National Park. I have to admit it could be John Hpkins, ewpcially if you went it May. It definitely does not look like Marjorie Glacier from a distance this is Marjorie Glacier.

2128097450028362306NJQJvM_th.jpg

We saw John Hopkins but was at dinner and did not bring my camera.

Here is getting close to Hubbard Glacier but then this was in 2004

186545607VbnXYy_th.jpg

Once we know what ship and when we can most likely figure it out for sure:)

The picture looks like Jaw Point at the entrance to John Hopkins Inlet. They named it Jaw Point because of the jaw dropping scenery leading up to John Hopkins Glacier. It is possible that you did not get into the Inlet very far because it is an important seal pupping area. Generally later in the season, ships can make their way into the Inlet.

You are soooooooooo Bad! I agree with Sean, your new avatar is a heck of a lot better looking than that last one.

Valerie:D

John is not soooooooooooooooo Bad, I think he has just been having a "bad hair day" or some such thing.

Sorry I liked John's last avatar better than anything, it was cool, reminded me of Guy the big gorilla that used to reside at the London Zoo :D

Valerie, have a great cruise :)

Val

I was on the Zuiderdam. Definitely in Glacier Bay - i'm sure we went to Tracey Arm in the morning and in the afternoon the place was the highlight of the day.

It was hidden around a corner....the ship hovered there for a while and eventually did a full turn away from it. I can' t believe I've forgotten to ask on the day.

The picture looks like Jaw Point at the entrance to John Hopkins Inlet. They named it Jaw Point because of the jaw dropping scenery leading up to John Hopkins Glacier. It is possible that you did not get into the Inlet very far because it is an important seal pupping area. Generally later in the season, ships can make their way into the Inlet.

I think this is it! Jaw Point..... I recall hearing something annouced to that nature.

Archived