Corkage Fee?

Meditrina

Does anyone know if Princess charges a corkage fee in the dining room if you bring your own bottle, but its a wine that they offer on their menu? We were on the Caribbean Princess about 2 years ago, and we were told that as long as they offered the wine we brought, there was no corkage fee. I'm not sure if that was just our server being nice (he was great!), or Princess policy.

Does anyone know if Princess charges a corkage fee in the dining room if you bring your own bottle, but its a wine that they offer on their menu? We were on the Caribbean Princess about 2 years ago, and we were told that as long as they offered the wine we brought, there was no corkage fee. I'm not sure if that was just our server being nice (he was great!), or Princess policy.

Shhhhhh....pretned you got it in a bar onboard! ;)

Since so many bottles of wine are given as gifts from friends and TA's, they have no idea if that bottle you have was waiting for you in your stateroom (no corkage fee for those) or brought onboard. Therefore, if it is the same wine as they sell, they don't charge a corkage fee, it is corkage FREE.

The "said" bottle of wine that was "given as a gift" - does it have to be from the dining room wine list or from the Princess Cellars bon voyage gift list?

If it isn't on the Princess list, then it can not be given as a gift onboard, so the corkage fee would apply. Private gifts given to you that you carry onboard that are not on the list are charged the corkage fee. The fee is waved IF the bottle is the same as, or was given as a gift purchased from Princess.

On the Grand Princess, I rechecked our passenger folio, the corkage fee is $10 USD. This relates to wine not purchased on the ship at any venue or shop.

Especially with Champange, we find the wines we buy by the case to be superior to any on the ship, therefore, we pay the corkage fee in order to make an incredible experience even better.;)

By the way, don't we "Wine Snobs" live for that feeling of superiority!:cool:

On the Grand Princess, I rechecked our passenger folio, the corkage fee is $10 USD.
On the Sea Princess a couple of months back, it was $15 per bottle. Not that we were complaining, given that we got to drink our own choice of wine. We share your feelings!

The corkage fee is supposed to be 15. Older printings of the contracts still list 10 and are still being mailed out. Very confusing. On one cruise I got them to live up to my contract on another I was unable to. It's ok, I too love to bring my own favorites and will pay a corkage fee within reason.

Overall I like Princess wine list and their wine policies. And most nights were charged the corkage fee Except when our wine happened to be on their list.

If you are looking at your charges for 1/28/06, the corkage went up around Oct '06. Some of the posts (on all thread / topics) are confusing because the posters do not give the approx date of their experience. The new phrasing of corkage charges ($15) also has a footnote that charges could change. /Sultan

On the Grand Princess, I rechecked our passenger folio, the corkage fee is $10 USD.

;)

By the way, don't we "Wine Snobs" live for that feeling of superiority!:cool:

I am new at this. Just a few questions if someone could answer them for me I would appreciate it.

1. Can you bring your own wine onboard ?

2. If yes, are you limited to the number you can bring onboard ?

3. Is corkage charged on wine consumed in your cabin ?

I have heard that on some cruiselines you are not allowed to bring any alcoholic beverages on board, if you did it would be confiscated . Is this true with Princess Line

Your cruise contract covers some of these questions. Princess does allow wine and champagne to be brought onboard. The corkage fee applies if you consume it outside your stateroom in one of the restaurants. No fee if you consume the wine inside your cabin. They will also hold your wine if you don't finish it and serve it the following night in the dining room if you wish, for the one time fee. This corkage fee is NOT for just opening the wine. So, don't get confused that paying a corkage fee is for opening the bottle, as some seem to think.

Many discussions about limits that can be brought onboard. Some say no limit, by the passenger contract, some say there is. Personally, we have never had any taken away at embarkation before no matter how many bottles we have brought on. Other lines have totally stopped taking any type of alcohol onboard the vessel, but so far, Princess has not.

In Feb '07 I had 5 bottles of wine in my checked luggage (for 3 people) when we traveled on the Caribbean Princess. All made it to the cabin with no problem. Most were to be consumed in our cabin but the 2 bottles we took to the dining room were offered on the wine list and we were not charged a corkage fee.

We also purchased additional bottled wine and mixed drinks on board and found that while some are considerably overpriced (white zinfandel), the cost in general is reasonable. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the posts (on all thread / topics) are confusing because the posters do not give the approx date of their experience.

You are absolutely correct, when I posted my corkage fee the charge was on a date preceeding the Change in 10/06 to $15.

I apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion this created.

I will in the future be more careful to respond in more specific detail.

I appreciate the reminder.

Again my most sincere regrets,

I once saw a list of wines served onboard the Crown and was wondering if anyone has a copy of that list? Also, do they still serve the sushi on sea days in the Caribbbean Cafe?

If the wine is on their list there is no corkage

I am new at this. Just a few questions if someone could answer them for me I would appreciate it.

1. Can you bring your own wine onboard ?

2. If yes, are you limited to the number you can bring onboard ?

3. Is corkage charged on wine consumed in your cabin ?

I have heard that on some cruiselines you are not allowed to bring any alcoholic beverages on board, if you did it would be confiscated . Is this true with Princess Line

As I understand it

1. Yes

2. Two bottles

3. No

Archived