Cases of Wine/ Wearing Jeans........

sail7seas

How shocked will everyone be if I have evolved so much that I'll now sip wine from cases we've dragged with us while wearing those same jeans. I mean, after all, we keep getting told how much everything must change.

Is that substantial change? :D Does that show progress......and the total decline of the HAL experience?

If one is told something often enough, does it finally become acceptible?

Somebody help me up!

jro0029.jpg

I believe you have started something. Maybe you could provide this service for the rest of us when we come to Boston to sail on Maasdam. Is there a Trader Joe's close to you? We'd pay big for a case of Two Buck Chuck.

Let me know when this new business of yours is up and running and I will gladly be your first customer. We sail Maasdam on September 1.

I'll even wear blue jeans.

Betty-

Two-Buck Chuck refers to Charles Shaw wines as sold at Trader Joe's for two bucks!! To begin with they had lines of customers buying cases of the wine....the roar has dulled since then.

Sweet dreams to you too!!:D

See Trader Joe's doesn't sell wine here in Connecticut either. I didn't know about the origin of "Two Buck Chuck" :) I just thought that was someones nickname for cheap wine.

Like I said , There are many decent wines around here for about 8 dollars. I would call them "table wines" .

No they aren't the great vintages , and the wine snobs wouldn't be decanting them , and swirling them around in the glass, and sniffing them , and commenting on their body and bouquet. *LOL*

But they are enjoyable with a meal, and like Sail said , they won't poison you :)

Two Buck Chuck to me is like Ripple, Night Train, Boones Farm, Thunderbird. The stuff you drink out of a paper bag on a park bench *LOL*

Now this will be a change for me on our up-coming cruises in a couple of weeks. I am only taking along a 3/4 length skirt!!! No floor gowns.

Wow, you are living on the edge! One question though, will that be the top 3/4 of the skirt, or the bottom 3/4? :eek: Yesterday in court I saw one woman (45+) wearing what appeared to be the bottom 3/4 . I told her to put her skirt up where it belonged, that it was inappropriate a)for her age and b) in court. (yes, I can be a real bag sometimes!!!)

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Wow, you are living on the edge! One question though, will that be the top 3/4 of the skirt, or the bottom 3/4? :eek: Yesterday in court I saw one woman (45+) wearing what appeared to be the bottom 3/4 . I told her to put her skirt up where it belonged, that it was inappropriate a)for her age and b) in court. (yes, I can be a real bag sometimes!!!)

Smooth Sailing! :)

Gerry

Now trying to imagine a Tipsy Sail in Jeans & flip-flops, with a pierced belly button, boarding with a case of wine, playing Bingo & drinking wine while sunning herself on the topless deck...:D

Now those are two images......... 'Loverly' ...:D :eek:

Two-Buck Chuck has won many blind wine tasting competitions on the West Coast. Lots of awards. Trader Joes also sells lots of other fine and hard to find wines. Its so nice in Calif. to go into most stores and be able to find a bottle of wine. It's really much nicer than Boonesfarm and Thunderbird.:)

Two-Buck Chuck has won many blind wine tasting competitions on the West Coast. Lots of awards. Trader Joes also sells lots of other fine and hard to find wines. Its so nice in Calif. to go into most stores and be able to find a bottle of wine. It's really much nicer than Boonesfarm and Thunderbird.:)

I agree with that even here in Las Vegas. I love Trader Joes and they often have a wine expert working there letting people sample wines and giving suggestions. My new favorite I found that way.

I can remember when I was young we would drink a lot of Cold Duck and Bali Hai wine (pretty sure they do not even produce this stuff any more unless for turpentine:D )

Andre%2520Cold%2520Duck.jpg

I agree with that even here in Las Vegas. I love Trader Joes and they often have a wine expert working there letting people sample wines and giving suggestions. My new favorite I found that way.

I can remember when I was young we would drink a lot of Cold Duck and Bali Hai wine (pretty sure they do not even produce this stuff any more unless for turpentine:D )

One of the nice things about New Hampshire is that you can buy beer and wine just about anywhere. If you like sparkling wine, some of the Asti wines are nice, or Cristalino, a spanish Cava, at about $9 per bottle is better than most lower price champagne at 3X the cost

One of the nice things about New Hampshire is that you can buy beer and wine just about anywhere. If you like sparkling wine, some of the Asti wines are nice, or Cristalino, a spanish Cava, at about $9 per bottle is better than most lower price champagne at 3X the cost

Frank, funny you should mention Cristalino, Tom and I shared a little bottle of that with dinner last night. Our son had been entertaining earlier in the week and the firl he had over drank a couple of splits of champagne I had so he replace them with Cristalino, Yes very tasty:)

BTW, here is a little info from Trader Joe's Web site about their wines.

If there’s been one constant in our wine selection lately, it’s got to be Charles Shaw. Lovingly nicknamed “Two Buck Chuck” by a member of the wine press, these California wines have become something of a phenomenon in the wine world, and in our stores. Contrary to many an urban legend, these super-value wines began as the result of an oversupply of wine and a great relationship with a valued supplier. They’ve become the nation’s best-selling wines, not surprising when you consider the combination of low price ($1.99 - $3.49 per bottle, depending on the region) and great taste Charles Shaw wines offer. Depending on the season and the quality of wine available, our selection of Charles Shaw varietals will vary, but the quality never will.

Thanks everyone for the Two-Buck Chuck (Charles Shaw wines)explanation..Have never heard of it before, but will see if we can get it here in Fla..We can buy Wine & Beer on our local Supermarkets..

Cheers..:) Betty

Betty, I just looked and I see there are no Trader Joes in Florida which is too bad. Unfortunately I am not sure you can buy it any where else but Trader Joes:o

Wine brands are kind of funny because if you try to find information about a "Charles Shaw" vineyard you don't find anything. It turns out 2Buck Chuck, or Charles Shaw wines are made by Bronco wines.....they are largest wine maker you've probably never heard of. They bought out the original Charles Shaw a long time ago and release their cheapest wines under his name. This one company has 35000 acres of vines so they have huge production and many names

• Black Mountain
  • Cedar Brook
  • Charles Shaw
  • Crane Lake
  • Estrella
  • ForestVille
  • FoxHollow
  • Grand Cru
  • Hacienda
  • Montpellier
  • Napa Ridge
  • Napa Creek
  • Rutherford Vintners
  • Salmon Creek
  • Sea Ridge
  • Silver Ridge

Charles Shaw aside the only other one I've tried was Napa Ridge which was also an OK table wine. They produce 10,000,000 cases of wine a year, #5 for total production, the Gallo company produces 75,000,000 cases yikes, thats allot of Paisano ;)

What, no T-Bird ? :D

I got a nickle you got a dime

we'll go out and buy some wine

Drinking wine, wine, wine, Drinking wine, wine, wine

Drinking fine wine all the time.

How many remember that one ?

or Mad Dog?

or Mad Dog?

Oh Yes, I remember both, but hey my girlfriend and I thought we were high class drunks drinking Cold Duck:D

Oh Yes, I remember both, but hey my girlfriend and I thought we were high class drunks drinking Cold Duck:D

Oh God Cold Duck :)

Now there is a trip down Memory Lane *LOL*

Oh course back in the day no well decorated dorm room or apartment was complete without candle holders or a vase made out of a bottle of Lancers Rose *LOL*

Remember those ceramic like bottles they came in

Oh God Cold Duck :)

Now there is a trip down Memory Lane *LOL*

Oh course back in the day no well decorated dorm room or apartment was complete without candle holders or a vase made out of a bottle of Lancers Rose *LOL*

Remember those ceramic like bottles they came in

Yes, and they always had wax dripping down the side:D Didn't we have great taste in decorating in the early to mid 70's;)

or Mad Dog?

What a blast from the past..... my mind drifts back to MD 20/20. :)

I had a "Dirty Rotten Biker Friend" who was quite fond of their "White Lightning" in the 70's ;)

Do you suppose that's available at Galatoires? :cool:

Yes, and they always had wax dripping down the side:D Didn't we have great taste in decorating in the early to mid 70's;)

The Lancer vase went well on my homemade coffee table, consisting glued together (empty) cans of my nectar, Dr. Pepper, with a plexi-glass top. Eat my dust, Martha. :)

No one decorated with wine bottles better than me:D . I used the cheapo Chianti bottles (the ones in the sort-of basket with twine?) as candle holders.

They sat charmingly on my bricks-and-boards bookcase in my West Side NYC apartment. And those bottles had that wax melting down them, too.

Not to mention the paper flowers from Azuma on my coffee table that was actually an old dining table with cut-off legs!!!:D :D

Archived