tennis shoes??

JettaGirl

I am leaving for a cruise on Sunday so I am starting to pack.

I am trying to cut down how many pairs of shoes I need (I already have 4 dress shoes packed and 3 pairs of flip flops)

Do you think I need to bring a pair of tennis shoes?!? I cannot think of a time that I will need them?! We are going to the beach at every port and can't imagine that I would need tennis shoes at a beach??

What do you think??

I am leaving for a cruise on Sunday so I am starting to pack.

I am trying to cut down how many pairs of shoes I need (I already have 4 dress shoes packed and 3 pairs of flip flops)

Do you think I need to bring a pair of tennis shoes?!? I cannot think of a time that I will need them?! We are going to the beach at every port and can't imagine that I would need tennis shoes at a beach??

Regular ol tennis shoes? Nah...I would have no need of them. Running shoes yes...but I wouldn't bring them either if I wasn't planning to run.

Don't underestimate how much walking you'll do on sea days; those ships are GINORMOUS. And even if you're just going to the beach on all your port days, there will still be alot of walking involved.

If your feet are at all "bad", like mine, you might want some good supportive cross-trainers.

Hope that helps. :)

I usually never take tennis shoes on a cruise, however, as someone mentioned it may be a good idea to take them along. You may need a comfy pair to fall back on after an active day.

Have fun packing!!:)

I took my running shoes as I planned to walk around the ship in the mornings. I did this like once. We were up so early in the AM and off to excursions, and we walked ALOT. I had wished that I just brought a pair of keds like sneakers. The running shoes took up alot of room in my bag. I wore sandals for most of the excursions but I finally wore my running shoes on one excursion because of all the walking we did. I have a bit of a problem with the ball of my foot and my cushioned sandals just didn't cut it.

I only wear tennis shoes when I'm playing tennis. And other sneakers when I'm exercising. For exploring ports or walking arount the ship, I wear walking sandals or other comfortable walking shoes (depending on the climate)

You will need something more supportive than flip flips for walking in port, but if you have that covered with another pair of shoes, you shouldn't need tennis shoes.

If you have foot problems, I don't think you'd be asking this question--you'd know EXACTLY what sorts of shoes you need to bring to be comfortable and pain-free.

I bring the following shoes:

casual sandals - for around the ship

dress sandals - for casual dining

dress shoes - for my formals

water shoes - for water excursions and the beach

athletic shoes - I wear these on the plane, at the gym, and on non-water excursions

I'm a runner and only wear work out shoes when I'm working out.

However, we did so much walking and the deck of the ship was so hard that my feet hurt like crazy. The last day of the cruise I did break down and wear my sneakers. I was so happy I had brought them with me.

It's hot, your feet perspire and sometimes swell. Those sandals that are fine at home may cause a blister or two, not fun when you still have excursions ahead of you.

Bring those tennis shoes (I always call them "sneakers") just in case.

Definitely bringing running shoes for the gym and excursions (non-beach). Will probably wear them to embark/disembark because they are bulky to pack. I also wore them (with socks) to Disney. My friends wore sandals and laughed at me because it was so hot. Guess who had to stop at the first aid station for bandaids? I was very comfy.

Archived