Question--Elite Passengers

Gram's Cruisin

Am booked in a mini suite on the Grand in November and am wondering if any of you elite passengers out there have ordered room service using the main dining room menus. Princess tells me I can even in a mini suite because of elite status; but I'm wondering if I will get a hassle from room service. Have any of you done this--thanks

We have been Elite for some time now and usually book mini suites. We have never been able to order from the main dining room menu in mini suites. This is not listed as an Elite Perk anywhere and I am sure there is some mix up here somewhere??????????

I honestly think this is one of those times that if you call Princess back 5 times, you are going to get a mix of answers from them. I wish it were a perk of Elite Status, it would make us both very happy. But after 5 cruises as Elite, we have never been able to order from the main menu, even though we have tried on several occasions. :(

I agree with Toto. I cruise with my mother who is Elite and we usually book minisuites. We have never been able to order off the dining room menu in a minisuite. With the number of Elite passengers on some sailings the room service staff could be overwhelmed by orders from the dining room menu if this were a perk for Elites. This perk is limited strictly to those sailing in full suites.

I was on the Regal recently in a full suite and our lazy cabin steward would not bring anything from the lunch or dinner menu. The only items he said we could get where on page 12, which where 3 sand. and 3 salads. He kept saying the Regal is an old ship and they can not do everything. Hope you have a better experience.

I have read on these boards that full suite passengers, versus the mini-suites, are able to order a full breakfast, versus the continental type breakfast usually available from room service. Have never done this myself, but I have seen the posts here.

However, from a balcony stateroom with only Platinum status, I have called the room service and asked or a specific item to be delivered to my stateroom that was not on the standard menu and they accommodated me

We have gotten different answers depending on which Princess ship. Some ships have said absolutely ONLY the items on the menu then other ships have indicated to write down what we want on the menu and that will take care of it. We did this & it worked. We were not in a suite either. I think it depends on how accomodating the staff can be.

I was on the Regal recently in a full suite and our lazy cabin steward would not bring anything from the lunch or dinner menu. The only items he said we could get where on page 12, which where 3 sand. and 3 salads. He kept saying the Regal is an old ship and they can not do everything. Hope you have a better experience.

I don't quite understand what your 'lazy cabin steward' had to do with this. Why didn't you just call room service and they would have delivered? The only part the stateroom steward plays in room service is to put the menus from the dining room in your cabin each morning for that day.

Well, then that would explain the 'lazy cabin steward' comment. I think if I had booked a full suite this is something I would have definitely talked to the hotel manager about. No way would I have not been able to have full meal service in my cabin when paying the price for a full suite. Not sure how you held it in, I would not have been able to. ARGH!

I have always been able to write in breakfast items that are not on the room service menu nor on the card. I just write in eggs, etc., directly on the breakfast card and it has always been honored. This is in a standard cabin. I have never tried ordering lunch or dinner from room service, but suspect it probably would not work. I have elite status, but don't think this has anything to do with it. I think it's a ship by ship decision. I sure wish there was more consistency throughout the cruise line.

I have elite status, but don't think this has anything to do with it. I think it's a ship by ship decision. I sure wish there was more consistency throughout the cruise line.

I agree on all three points. We got a full dinner served in our cabin on the Sapphire when I was Platinum (before the UBD, however). As Elite on the Sun, we were not been able to. But I only want more consistency if we can consistently get hot meals delivered in our non-suite cabins! :D

I feel I am missing something here, or I am out of date? A few times when not able to make the dining room for sickness or other, I requested a dining room menu and it was always provided. I am always in the regular balcony cabins.

I feel I am missing something here, or I am out of date? A few times when not able to make the dining room for sickness or other, I requested a dining room menu and it was always provided. I am always in the regular balcony cabins.

Not sure when the last time you were able to do this was? But since Princess changed things around and added the full menu service to full suites only as one of the suite perks, and started the Ultimate Balcony dining, it is only a great memory for us that don't often book full suites I am afraid. :(

Hi all,

Princess has the room service menu posted in its in room cabin guide. It is a short list and not much variety. However, the suites have an upgraded room service menu-all meals.

Marne

I have read on these boards that full suite passengers, versus the mini-suites, are able to order a full breakfast, versus the continental type breakfast usually available from room service. Have never done this myself, but I have seen the posts here.

However, from a balcony stateroom with only Platinum status, I have called the room service and asked or a specific item to be delivered to my stateroom that was not on the standard menu and they accommodated me

From the list of Suite Amenities for those in suites only (not mini-suites) it says "extended room service menu" for breakfast, lunch and dinner, not dining room menu......

That's what they mean by extended. It is the regular dining room menu. That's why suite stewards place the dining room menu in suites the night before... I know this firsthand.

From the list of Suite Amenities for those in suites only (not mini-suites) it says "extended room service menu" for breakfast, lunch and dinner, not dining room menu......

To explain this fully. In a full suite, you are given an extended breakfast menu that includs hot items which you can hang outside your door the night before. Regular cabins are given only a continental breakfast menu to hang outside their door.

Regular cabins have a set menu for room service for lunch and dinner that includes mainly sandwiches/salads and a few desserts. Full suites are given dining room menus for lunch and dinner so they are not limited to just the room service menu.

For breakfast, even if it isn't listed on the card to hang outside your room, in a full suite, you can either write in or call with whatever you like and they will deliver.

Archived