Travel Knit at Costco (Made in Heaven)

Morisnfan

It's interesting this thread is from 3 years ago.

I'm over travel knits and have to agree with Pennyagain, they are heavy and not the best for traveling. There are other knits that are lighter weight and look so much nicer than travel knits. Most of my Chicos stuff was donated to the Goodwill a couple years back. Probably after noticing so many more cheaper brands on the market, it really lost its appeal for me.

• 8 months later...
Hey Everyone -

I actually sell Made In Heaven Clothing. We only sell out of Costco. We do 10-15 day roadshows at each location. You can find us by checking the "special events" or "roadshows" section of Costco flyers and website. Our clothing is actually from the same manufacturer as Chico's travel line, so it really good stuff, and it is a much lower price. So if anyone has any questions let me know. I sell it in the Denver area, but you can find it at lots of Costco's around the country. I don't get commission or anything, but I just think more travelers should know about it.

I bought several Made in Heaven outfits when my Costco had a road show-they are great for cruising - take up little suitcase space, dont' wrinkle, look great, are completely comfortable and wash easily. Unfortuantely, a dark green patterned jacket was damaged by my cleaners who dry cleaned it instead of washing it, and I'm trying to find a replacement, as I have a skirt and top that matched it. Have had no luck finding the line on the internet, and since the roadshow was at my Costco recently, I don't think it will be back again soon. sure wish I could find this brand of clothing somewhere else besides Costco - I found it to be much better than either TravelSmith or Chico's.

Linda

It's interesting this thread is from 3 years ago.

I'm over travel knits and have to agree with Pennyagain, they are heavy and not the best for traveling. There are other knits that are lighter weight and look so much nicer than travel knits. Most of my Chicos stuff was donated to the Goodwill a couple years back. Probably after noticing so many more cheaper brands on the market, it really lost its appeal for me.

You're right, the clothing actually is on the heavy side, surprisingly enough. For that reason I like to wear it on the plane. It feels so comfortable when I'm sitting for hours and hours.

..........Unfortuantely, a dark green patterned jacket was damaged by my cleaners who dry cleaned it instead of washing it, .................Linda

I cold water wash mine in the machine and either lay flat or hang to dry.

I have a few pieces from Chico's and they wear very well- I wash and dry mine. I have a pair of pants and a couple of camisoles but I don't care for a whole outfit of it; I think it looks rather matronly. And others are right- the fabric is heavy. I only wear mine in the fall/winter.

You're right, the clothing actually is on the heavy side, surprisingly enough. For that reason I like to wear it on the plane. It feels so comfortable when I'm sitting for hours and hours.

We're all so different, but that's a good thing :) I found the fabric to be irritating to sit on for hours on end.

I recently purchased a Chico's travel knit dress again, never thought I'd do that! I like the cut of it, it's not a tank style, rather a wide shoulder. Then I just got a travelers sweater, it's a light pink, not black, a little shimmery. I'll wear it for both casual night dinners plus with jeans for day wear (my next cruise is a cool weather destination).

Still don't like the pants, though. I prefer Chico's Zenergy line for airplane rides, the fabric is far more soft than the travel knit...I think it may be from the ribbing in the fabric? I dunno, I'm the type who needs my shorts long enough so I don't feel the seat I'm sitting on :o

We're all so different, but that's a good thing :) I found the fabric to be irritating to sit on for hours on end.

I recently purchased a Chico's travel knit dress again, never thought I'd do that! I like the cut of it, it's not a tank style, rather a wide shoulder. Then I just got a travelers sweater, it's a light pink, not black, a little shimmery. I'll wear it for both casual night dinners plus with jeans for day wear (my next cruise is a cool weather destination).

Still don't like the pants, though. I prefer Chico's Zenergy line for airplane rides, the fabric is far more soft than the travel knit...I think it may be from the ribbing in the fabric? I dunno, I'm the type who needs my shorts long enough so I don't feel the seat I'm sitting on :o

Hi Kathy,:) must admit, I am surprised to read this;). I know you have

not been a fan of the Traveler's line. Glad you found it works this time!

The Zenergy is more like a nicer pair of sweats (in my opinion) and I love

that soft feeling for a long plane ride too! I will be flying to San Diego

in May.

As for sailing to a cooler destination, me too:D....I wish we could

have met again but I know we will both be gone at the same time.

Oh, I still wear those earrings and think of you everytime!

Thank you for that hint! I have a Chico's coupon for $50 off (if I buy a bundle :rolleyes:) so I will try on something from that line.

We do our Costco run today so I'll take a look at their clothing, too, to see if anything works for me.

Thank you for that hint! I have a Chico's coupon for $50 off (if I buy a bundle :rolleyes:) so I will try on something from that line.

We do our Costco run today so I'll take a look at their clothing, too, to see if anything works for me.

I'm wondering if Costco even still has this line of clothing...this thread was started about 4 years ago ;)

Lois, I know I was surprised to be purchasing travel knit again, but it was the cut of the dress, not the fabric that I liked so well. My husband likes it on me as well. I'll see if I can find my new sweater (they call it a jacket). I ended up getting it for $28 plus tax, as I got 2 other tops and it came to slightly over $100, the jacket was around $59 and they took the 50% off the highest priced item.

570014327_843.jpg570015690_843_normal.jpg570015690_843.jpg

The other top is just like the above, only pink like the jacket, this jacket looks ivory in the photo, mine is definitely a soft, muted pink. I got all 3 pieces for under $100.

http://www.chicos.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=14&pageId=1&productId=100087225&viewAll=&prd=Tivona+Tank&subCatId=&color=843&fromSearch=true&inSeam=&posId=2&catId=cat40002&cat=&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size=

More like this pink shown here:

Ok redo the link:

Yes, Costco still has shows of this kind of slinky knit clothing (not sure if the brand is the same) Our warehouse has had it at least twice this past year (North Carolina). Every time I look and every time - I don't buy:rolleyes: I have a couple things from other brands so it's not like I have something against it - I just haven't found any pieces (shapes or colors) at Costco that I cannot live without. I find it too heavy for summer/hot weather destination travel as well - especially since it's a poly knit that doesn't breathe (and there are plenty of poly knits that do breathe so I'll buy those, thanks;))

I did find a few great buys at the Chicos outlet in Vegas last week - nothing Travellers, but 3 great tops - one tunic with a jeweled neckline, one cream colored top for work, and a really soft purple top with tuxedo-like flounces. That sounds odd but it's cute! I thought it would be too much with my large chest, but it's not:D

I bought several Made in Heaven outfits when my Costco had a road show-they are great for cruising - take up little suitcase space, dont' wrinkle, look great, are completely comfortable and wash easily. Unfortuantely, a dark green patterned jacket was damaged by my cleaners who dry cleaned it instead of washing it, and I'm trying to find a replacement, as I have a skirt and top that matched it. Have had no luck finding the line on the internet, and since the roadshow was at my Costco recently, I don't think it will be back again soon. sure wish I could find this brand of clothing somewhere else besides Costco - I found it to be much better than either TravelSmith or Chico's.

Linda

I have been buying from Thefashionshowboutique.com All the clothes are very light weight, never wrinkle, and never fade. Very good prices. I am 4'11'' and they FIT (yeah). Give them a try. BTW, they stretch and sizes are if anything a bit larger than you would buy in a store. In other words, if you wear a medium, the medium will be plenty big.

I have been buying from Thefashionshowboutique.com All the clothes are very light weight, never wrinkle, and never fade. Very good prices. I am 4'11'' and they FIT (yeah). Give them a try. BTW, they stretch and sizes are if anything a bit larger than you would buy in a store. In other words, if you wear a medium, the medium will be plenty big.

Are these pieces interchangeable with Chico's or Citiknits? Can the tops be worn with pants from other makers or are they too different in color/texture?

Thanks.

Archived