Can You Book for Other Family While On Board?

My DW and I will be on board the Radiance next week and wanted to know if we can book a cruise for our adult children while on board? We know we would get the best rates and also get them some on board credit. Any experience trying this? Thanks

The rates will be the same, however,as if they booked the cruise themselves on land. The only exception is if they (RCI) have a special onboard promotion and these are very rare in my experience. The only sure perk is the OBC.

Yes! For a standard 7 day cruise, each cabin will get a $100. OBC. There is also a new thing just started by RCI. When you book a "Next Cruise" you can request two "friend certificates" that you can take home and give to whomever you want. You do not have to pay the deposit for those, the person you give it to would make their own deposit when they book the cruise, which I believe must be within 30 days. They will receive the OBC. This is new and I've gotten several different answers from Crown and Anchor Customer Service but I will definitly be asking when I am on Mariner on September 16th. :D

Have a great time and enjoy your trip. E-Beth

On board credits run $100 per cabin for a week long cruise.

Yes, you can book for others while on board. BUT someone that is cruising has to part of the booking also.

One example, I booked my nephew (NOT cruising with us at the time) and myself on a cruise that I had no intention of going on. Paid the deposits. Once I got home I cancelled myself out.....nephew who was traveling solo got the OBC....I got my deposit back.

Another example, DH and I were on a cruise and booked a cruise for us, another cabin for niece and her friend, another cabin for nieces two friends, and another cabin for two nephews. Each cabin gets the OBC, the reservations are all "linked" so hopefully we'll be at the same table at dinner.

We did have to pay the deposits. ;)

On board credits run $100 per cabin for a week long cruise.

Yes, you can book for others while on board. BUT someone that is cruising has to part of the booking also.

One example, I booked my nephew (NOT cruising with us at the time) and myself on a cruise that I had no intention of going on. Paid the deposits. Once I got home I cancelled myself out.....nephew who was traveling solo got the OBC....I got my deposit back.

We did have to pay the deposits. ;)

When my FIL booked ours, yes, he did pay the deposits. But, he is not (nor was he) linked to the res in any way. His name was never on it, just DH, DD, DS, and me.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to make sure I understand - we are going on the Grandeur in Jan. I want to book a cruise for my nephew and 3 of is friends. I do NOT have to book us on the cruise also and he will still get the OBC? I know I have to pay the deposit, that is fine, I just want to make sure he gets the credit even if I don't book a room for us also on the cruise with him. I was going to ask that question on the Sovereign this last weekend, and I forgot.

I want to make sure I understand - we are going on the Grandeur in Jan. I want to book a cruise for my nephew and 3 of is friends. I do NOT have to book us on the cruise also and he will still get the OBC? I know I have to pay the deposit, that is fine, I just want to make sure he gets the credit even if I don't book a room for us also on the cruise with him. I was going to ask that question on the Sovereign this last weekend, and I forgot.

While sailing on the Enchantment of the Sea's in April we tried booking a cruise for other family members and the Loyalty Ambassador would not give the OBC to the other family members because they were not sailing with us. I guess it depends on the Loyalty Ambassador. Also if your not sure where you want to go next you can do an open booking for a $100 deposit per person.

Archived