Is it ok?

Travelbug 2

It is a good choice. Many people can't decide between bus or train and this is the best of both worlds. When on the bus - ask if you can go to Emerald Lake. Sometimes it is not part of the tour but they can go if they have time.

I am one of those devil's advocates who would suggest renting a car from Avis and driving to Emerald lake.

You forgot to look at their location. Canadians can not rent a car in the US and drive into Canada. Canadian law :mad:

We did a train/bus combo, there are several. One has lunch at Bennett. We did the one that has lunch at Caraboo Crossing (and went to Emerald Lake). We did it threw NCL and really loved it. The driver did stop 2 or 3 times on the bus.

They use the big buses (bathroom in back)/ You can take pictures thew the windows. With digital cameras, just have to angle it right and not use the flash.

The independents also get very good reviews. So after being long winded, I think you made a good choice with the train/bus combo :)

I am one of those devil's advocates who would suggest renting a car from Avis and driving to Emerald lake.

I have done the train, car and bus several times. There are views from the train that you can not see via car. There are views from the car that you can not see from the train.

For a first time trip, I really think that the OP made the best choice (especially since they can't rent a car and drive to Canada).

We took the train up/bus down, but did it with Chilkoot Charters. I strongly recommend you check them out. The Princess and HAL train cars were packed to the gills, while we only had about a half dozen in our car - lots of room to spread out and always room to get out between cars to take pics. Coming down, we had a minibus with only four of us on it, and a WONDERFUL tour guide who taught us a lot about the flora and fauna along the way as well as making lots of photo stops.

You forgot to look at their location. Canadians can not rent a car in the US and drive into Canada. Canadian law :mad:

Jumping in on this thread:

Does anyone know if nationals from other countries (New Zealand in our case) have a similar problem?

We would like to rent a vehicle in the US and cross into Canada and back next year.

I would appreciate it if someone can point me in the direction of a web site that gives details of Canada's regulations about this.

Thank you.

Does anyone know if nationals from other countries (New Zealand in our case) have a similar problem?

We would like to rent a vehicle in the US and cross into Canada and back next year.

I would appreciate it if someone can point me in the direction of a web site that gives details of Canada's regulations about this.

Thank you.

I am pretty sure only canadian are subject to this regulation.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure too that it only includes Canadians. DH explained it last year - something about protecting the Canadian car manufacturers back east??? Maybe someone who knows for sure will post.

I'm pretty sure too that it only includes Canadians. DH explained it last year - something about protecting the Canadian car manufacturers back east??? Maybe someone who knows for sure will post.

If you do want to drive, you can look at your roll call (or even roll calls of other ships in port the same day you are) and see if you can hook up with others for a car rental.

Archived