New Teen Adventure Ocean Program started 8/26/2007

chazg

All,

I'm suprised that no one has posted this yet but RCI has rolled out a new Teen Adventure Ocean Program.

We where on the Mariner of the Sea's on the August 26th sailing and took the boys up to AO to determine what program we where going to use for our just turned 12 yo DS. We where quite sure the freedom the teen program had last year on our AOS sailing wouldn't be suitable.

After speaking with the 9-11 yo counselor we went over to the Living Room for the older kids and by luck ran into the manager of the teen program. We talked to him for about 1/2 an hour and he told us that the new teen program was being rolled out fleet wide that week. I have inculded a link to the Compass's for the 12-14 yo group and let me tell you it is a big change from last year.

They had more activities that my DS's enjoyed and where still expecting more things to come. They had musical instruments, and where expecting a few Game systems like the Nintendo Wii (which didn't arrive) and some other things.

He also told us that the two programs are now seperate and will change how they operate accordingly.

Over all my DS 12 had a great time and had plenty to do and made some great friends. My Ds 13 also enjoyed the program and is looking forward to our next cruise.

Here is a link to the new compass's http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=173441947/a=72006603/t_=72006603

Enjoy!

Thanks for this information, my son is 12 and we will be sailing next month. I tried to read the compass's you scanned but they are too small to read. I have seen other compass's/menus posted to http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/ wonder if they could help you get these posted so we can read them? Appreicate your effort!!

Bev

All,

I'm suprised that no one has posted this yet but RCI has rolled out a new Teen Adventure Ocean Program.

We where on the Mariner of the Sea's on the August 26th sailing and took the boys up to AO to determine what program we where going to use for our just turned 12 yo DS. We where quite sure the freedom the teen program had last year on our AOS sailing wouldn't be suitable.

After speaking with the 9-11 yo counselor we went over to the Living Room for the older kids and by luck ran into the manager of the teen program. We talked to him for about 1/2 an hour and he told us that the new teen program was being rolled out fleet wide that week. I have inculded a link to the Compass's for the 12-14 yo group and let me tell you it is a big change from last year.

They had more activities that my DS's enjoyed and where still expecting more things to come. They had musical instruments, and where expecting a few Game systems like the Nintendo Wii (which didn't arrive) and some other things.

He also told us that the two programs are now seperate and will change how they operate accordingly.

Over all my DS 12 had a great time and had plenty to do and made some great friends. My Ds 13 also enjoyed the program and is looking forward to our next cruise.

Here is a link to the new compass's http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=173441947/a=72006603/t_=72006603

Enjoy!

When you say the two programs are seperate, do you mean the 12-14 and the 15-17 or are you referring to adventure ocean and the teen programs? We were on the Mariner in June and I just showed my 16 yr old the compasses you posted. He thought there was a lot more organized basketball scheduled than there was when he was on in June but other than that felt the activities were pretty much the same. The Playstation II was new too he said. Just wondering as we are back on the Mariner next June too.

Chazg, I really hope you don't mind but I uploaded your pages to be included with the rest of the ones I have collected.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

I tried to clean them up a bit (snapfish reduces the res and makes it impossible to read).

If you have a chance, could you please email me the originals scans...

bmediamom@comcast.net

Thanks!

Can someone please post a copy of the activities for ages 9 - 11. This is the only age that has not been posted. My 10 year old has read over the activities for her 8 year old brother, but really wants to see what is available for her. We sail the Enchantment in four weeks. Thanks so much.

Chazg, I really hope you don't mind but I uploaded your pages to be included with the rest of the ones I have collected.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

I tried to clean them up a bit (snapfish reduces the res and makes it impossible to read).

If you have a chance, could you please email me the originals scans...

bmediamom@comcast.net

Thanks![/quot

I greatly appreciate this info! We are leaving Sunday on the Mariner and was wondering what there was to do for my 2 sons 12 and 14!

THANKS!!!

Can someone please post a copy of the activities for ages 9 - 11. This is the only age that has not been posted. My 10 year old has read over the activities for her 8 year old brother, but really wants to see what is available for her. We sail the Enchantment in four weeks. Thanks so much.

Yep I agree. Those are the only ages I need.

When you say the two programs are seperate, do you mean the 12-14 and the 15-17 or are you referring to adventure ocean and the teen programs? We were on the Mariner in June and I just showed my 16 yr old the compasses you posted. He thought there was a lot more organized basketball scheduled than there was when he was on in June but other than that felt the activities were pretty much the same. The Playstation II was new too he said. Just wondering as we are back on the Mariner next June too.

What I mean is the Teen Program (12 - 17) is now a seperate program from the younger AO Program. From what we saw when the 12 -14 yo where scheduled in Fuel the 15 - 17 where in the Living Room or Vise Versa.

Thanks Cruzinmama06, I will send them tonight when I get home.

Reallyitsmema, we didn't get the 15 - 17 yo Compasses but we check these against last years on the AOS and they are way more activity intensive this year.

What I mean is the Teen Program (12 - 17) is now a seperate program from the younger AO Program. From what we saw when the 12 -14 yo where scheduled in Fuel the 15 - 17 where in the Living Room or Vise Versa.

Reallyitsmema, we didn't get the 15 - 17 yo Compasses but we check these against last years on the AOS and they are way more activity intensive this year.

Cruisinmama has the 15-17 yr old compasses from our June cruise for this year if you are interested in them. There are definitely gaps that could use filling so that is nice to know they have added more sports. My son was also old enough to participate in the adult dodgeball and basketball tournies so that kept him on the court most of the day. Will be interesting to see next June once the program has been in place for a longer time. Thx for the information:)

Yeah they did the same thing with the teen program in May on Freedom. They didn't want them to be lumped in with AO. So the 12-14, 15-17 used Fuel and the Living Room. It's so it's not seen as a "kiddie program" for those who don't want to be considered a kid anymore. ;)

There are copies from all age groups from the Explorer at http://cafekarina.org/explorer/images2.html

There are also all age groups from the 8/12 Freedom cruise at Cruise Dailies: Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Kids Compasses

I'd like to add my thanks to all those who are including the kids groups in their Compass postings. We're taking our first RCI cruise in February and it's great to see the activities that the kids will have a chance to participate in.

Chazg, what instruments did they have for the teens? Any guitars by chance? My 17 year old son would be thrilled! Thanks:)

Yes they had 2 Guitars, 1 Keyboard and an Electronic Drumset. My DS 12 had a great time.

Cruisinmama has the 15-17 yr old compasses from our June cruise for this year if you are interested in them. There are definitely gaps that could use filling so that is nice to know they have added more sports. My son was also old enough to participate in the adult dodgeball and basketball tournies so that kept him on the court most of the day. Will be interesting to see next June once the program has been in place for a longer time. Thx for the information:)

Just to let you know the Compasses from June may be vastly different then the ones at the end of August. As I said they re-vamped the entire program and it started on the 26th or August.

How much do the activities cross between the 12-14 group and the 15-17? I'm asking because my son turns 15, 2 days before we sail, but his best friend who is also going will still be 14. I'm hoping that they will be able to do a lot of things together even though they'll be in two different groups.

Thanks!

How much do the activities cross between the 12-14 group and the 15-17? I'm asking because my son turns 15, 2 days before we sail, but his best friend who is also going will still be 14. I'm hoping that they will be able to do a lot of things together even though they'll be in two different groups.

Thanks!

I'm not sure there is too much interaction between groups with planned activities. You may have the ability to keep your DS back since he just turned 15. You can ask the Counselor and they will let you know. We toured the Teen area after we boarded the ship and spoke to them about the revised program and they where very excited about the changes.

Good luck and have a Great Cruise

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm cruising May 22, 2008 on Explorer to the eastern caribbean. 9 nights out of NJ, I was wondering if you know where I can find a compass for this trip. We're stopping at Haiti, Dominican Repub., St. Thomas, and Puerto Rico. Anything would help!

Thanks so much!

Great info. -- thanks! Looks like my son (13)will have lots to enjoy.

Did you hear any feedback on the Teen Quest on the first night? I know it is vital to go and meet people on the first night, but if the Quest is too "R -rated" then I am not sure I would want him to attend.

The Teen Quest is very age appropriate..not "R rated" in the least, our DD has done it every time we have gone..it's a great way to get to meet the other teens and they seem to form groups right then..she always try to go the first night. They will have a blast!

Archived