Subway Denali

freddiebud

Okay, so here is the question. I am planning to do the shuttle bus at Denali. My mom just went on a cruisetour to Alaska and says there is a Subway right outside Denali. Because she tends to get confused, I was wondering if someone can confirm this. This was I can just get some sandwiches there and not worry about stopping in Anchorage and getting a cooler.

Yes the Subway is there. Also a great Fish & CHips place and several other places to eat. Also there is a big shop that had much better prices than the Denali stores for your Alsakan stuff.

We also got Subway to eat on the train to Anchorage. (Much cheaper than the $25+ per person on the train)

There is also superior Bubbs Subs too. I just happen to like their subs better than Subway. But as mentioned, Subway is very convenient and open 24/7. :)

I don't take these on the shuttle bus, as I can't stand "sitting" sandwiches or sog. :) So I grocery shop and bring along my P&j with a nice loaf of bread and make them as I need them. :) Then I just need a small 6 pack cooler for my drinks.

For $10.00 at the subway they offer a box lunch- sub,chips,drink and cookie. We picked it up right before our shuttle into denali. We ate the sub right away and had the rest as snacks along the way.

Wow. That is a really good option. Just pop it into the backpack and go.

For $10.00 at the subway they offer a box lunch- sub,chips,drink and cookie. We picked it up right before our shuttle into denali. We ate the sub right away and had the rest as snacks along the way.

McKinley Chalet's are $15 and absolutely horrible.

Where is Bubbs Subs in relation to the shuttle bus pick up?

Bubbs is in Glitter Gulch. Not sure what shuttle you are referring to?? Hotel shuttle? Park Road Denali Park shuttle bus?- last leaves from the Access Center about a mile away. The access center, also has a very small selection of food if you forget something.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived