adults only pools

Only once have we had a problem kid/parent combo--after none of the pool staff said anything, we pointed out the "Adults Only" sign to the father--so he scooped up the little rug rat, and left! (This was on Explorer, BTW)

Just off the AOS and at the hottub there were three kids splashing around and a crew member politely asked them to get out. They claimed not to speak english or understand the hand gestures and body language, so the crew member grabbed a spanish speaking member and he told them to get out. After about 5 minutes of arguing they finally left. The parent or adult with them was the one doing all of the arguing. It was really annoying and shocking that the adult didn't want to listen either. Caused a little scene. Entertaining nonetheless!

You may find that kids are in the general vicinity as there are Solariums that offer food - the kids have no choice but to be in the area if they are getting food or just passing through to get somewhere else (like on Liberty and Freedom).... but, the pools and spas are for use by adults only and, as others have said, you can find a pool attendant if there are some kids using the pool and hot tubs.

I don't get why kids would WANT to be in the solarium when that H2O pool is right next door, they can yell and play all they want.

Yeah but it's only "right next door" on Freedom/Liberty/Independence. :) The other ships don't have them. And from my experience on Freedom, we saw NO kids in the adult solarium...NONE. The pool attendants there were even strict about the chair hogs.

Keep in mind that the Solarium allows any guest 16+...so in theory, you could encounter some giggly/rough-housing teenagers. I once saw my 17 year-old in the Solarium pool on Jewel and started to flip out on her for being in there until she pointed out the "16+" sign...interestingly, no one ever questioned her group of friends being in there during pool hours, but one evening they went into the Solarium to get food around 11pm and a RCCL stafff member tried to chase them out based on the "adult-only" rule even though it was the only food venue open at that time.

Archived