Shore excusion question

HMSDingy

The shore excursions for our cruise are listed on the Princess website as having 20 available places per excursion. If I don't get to book the shore excursion on the Princess website, will more be available once onboard?

depends on the excursion...some have very limited availability, and some have lots of room. The "20" is common and does not mean that only 20 can do,,,but, there is no reason why you can't book online and then change your mind and cancel when on board.

by waiting 'til you board, some of the more popular ones are already totally booked up. No reason to chance it.

At the same token, if enough people waitlist, they might bring in a second vehicle. Definitely pre book any excursion you might want and have some fall back excursions. When you board, go to the tour desk and see what they have open - they will usually post what is available. In most cases, you can cancel 24 hours without being charged.

Charlie

We cancelled an excursion that I booked on line while on the ship. This was 5 days before our arrival in Rome in 2005.

We were also waitlisted for a tour in Tromso and the trip was so popular they put on another one. I think it is also advisable to book as a back up. One of our roll call members did and then cancelled when on board.

gooch47 - just guessing, but could it be a large group will be aboard and has reserved that excursion......just a thot

Booking a backup is a good idea. But when I tried that once, I got a message saying one excursion was at the same time as another one I booked and it would not let me do the backup. Then, I booked the backup under my DH's name and it worked.

If you want to cancel, just be sure to check the Patter daily, it tells you what date and time you have to cancel excursions.

I notice that even though the "20" available shows up before I book my excursion, the same "20" are still available after I book it. At least for our upcoming cruise. In Alaska, there were several excursions that sold out ahead of time online. For those, the number available decreased.

And there was an additional snorkeling excursion added for our cruise in Ketchikan. I wish I had known they were going to do that, because I would have booked the one that left 1 hour later.

Archived