Orange Sofas

covkid

Well, the Carnival colors won't work.

White - no way

Blue - to dark - would make the cabin look small

Red - to bright

So I would guess that the "orange" is just that color that some "research" group decided to was not to bright...not to dark....

Does anyone else find the orange sofa in the cabins absolutely disgusting. Sticks to you when you sit on it, could they not use a more subsued color/?

Nope I have no problem with it. I wouldn't want one in my house, I wanted the Purple neon lights in my new kitchen like whats in the Miracle dinning room, but my wife said no. Neon in the Kitchen? I told my wife think about it no one else has it.

Does anyone else find the orange sofa in the cabins absolutely disgusting. Sticks to you when you sit on it, could they not use a more subsued color/?

I am with you on this one. I just feel like it is so 70's and hasn't been updated despite renovations. RCCL had a soothing pale green and Disney I believe was more nautical with blues and maroons.

This has been a down side for me and I tended to move toward other lines (shallow sounding I know but color is a big factor with my mood) but DH loves Carnival (as do I) and feels we had more fun there than the somewhat more stuffier staff than RCCL we encountered recently.

The colour doesnt really bother me since it matches the rest of the room, and a towel keeps you from sticking. BUT my son got bedbug bites on the Glory:( , That was a first

Yuck! Maybe that is why most of the industry (hotel and ships alike) have been changing over all of their linen and mattresses. It seems a few years ago I remember a big lawsuit about this in a local "resort".

I've never even been in a cabin that HAD a sofa! I'm rather looking forward to seeing one. :D

I spend time in the cabin to sleep and get dressed. That's about it. I doubt I'll spend any time on the sofa at all except maybe to sit down and put on my shoes. It'll probably end up being used to accumulate bags of dirty clothes.

I've never even been in a cabin that HAD a sofa! I'm rather looking forward to seeing one. :D

I spend time in the cabin to sleep and get dressed. That's about it. I doubt I'll spend any time on the sofa at all except maybe to sit down and put on my shoes. It'll probably end up being used to accumulate bags of dirty clothes.

The Miracle like the others has plenty of storage.

*hint* Stand your large suitcase up in the closet zipped 3/4....us it as a standing used clothes hamper. It works great at keeping the cabin less cluttered.

Nope I have no problem with it. I wouldn't want one in my house, I wanted the Purple neon lights in my new kitchen like whats in the Miracle dinning room, but my wife said no. Neon in the Kitchen? I told my wife think about it no one else has it.

We have neon in our kitchen! :) Our kitchen is a replica of a 1950's diner and we have a neon light and neon light trimming too. hehe.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic...:D

:( I hate leather, let alone vinyl. Plus I absolutely abhor orange at the best of times - but an orange vinyl sofa???:eek: I defintely am not a fan of Carnival decor. It is a big down side to the line for me. :(

When on holiday my surroundings mean a great deal so I'm worried a bit about my upcoming cruise on Valor. Still, it's a cruise so how bad can it be?? I'll make the best of it.

However, if they were to ask my opinion - the orange vinyl sofas would be so out of there!!!

Dorie

Well, I'm sitting on what might be considered, by some, an "orange" sofa! It's actually baseball-glove leather.

I'll deal with the vinyl, thanks. The thought of a cloth upholstered sofa kinda grosses me out. I mean, do I really want to sit there? Ewwww. Who knows what was happening there in the past.

:(

The color doesn't bother me, and it corrrectly matches the decor of the room. I like the couch, it's big and roomy, and the storage drawer underneath it comes in handy for various stuff. With it being vinyl, it's easy to keep clean. The couches double as beds sometimes, and they are sized accordingly. Can you imagine what a mess the couches would be if they were some sort of fabric? I don't think they would look, or smell very well - especially after absorbing lots of flavors of suntan lotion and, you name it.

Ken

We have neon in our kitchen! :) Our kitchen is a replica of a 1950's diner and we have a neon light and neon light trimming too. hehe.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic...:D

I love neon and the 50s. I have 2 nice neon signs and a large neon clock that says Dairy Queen In my DQ up on the front wall

Archived