Valor returns for late passenger

jerseygirl3

Not sure if anybody onboard the Valor this past week mentioned this or not. We were onboard Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas, and were "parked" next door to Valor in Cozumel. We were sitting on our balcony waving to the Carnival passengers as the ship departed (they were leaving at 5 p.m., and we weren't leaving until 7 p.m.). Lo and behold, she backs out of the pier and I see a woman (middle-aged) come running down the pier. I turned to my husband and said, "I think she's on the Valor and missed her ship." At that point, she walked over to some of the dock workers. The ship continued to back up (it was completely out of the dock area). The workers got on walkie talkies and after a bit, the Valor stopped. We figured they were going to stop where they were and send her out on a pilot boat. Wrong! They actually came back and docked again! They put out the gangplank for her and all. We were shocked! Everybody on Valor and Freedom were on our balconies clapping! We wondered if she got charged the extra fuel cost on her Sail and Sign card!!! We saw a passenger miss the ship in St. Maarten once (Carnival Imagination) and the ship never stopped. The pilot boat took the guy out to meet the ship and he literally had to jump from the pilot boat onto the moving cruise ship. This lady was very lucky they came back for her, but in all my years of cruising, I've never known a ship to come back to port.

Don't know about the Valor, but 2 yrs. ago, our family was cruising RC....Mariner and my neice went into premature labor. The ship had left the port but just barely. They went back and almost pushed my neice and her parents off the ship. They were very rude and didn't even give my sister time to get her passport or belongings of any kind from her room. She had to leave the ship with nothing but her purse.

We had to go to her room and get her stuff, luckily she hadn't unpacked yet. We couldn't get any information from the crew as to where they had taken my niece or her condition. Finally we were able to reach her on her cell phone from our first island stop.

I could not believe how rude the medical staff was that day. It really left a bad taste for me for RC.

Not sure if anybody onboard the Valor this past week mentioned this or not. We were onboard Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas, and were "parked" next door to Valor in Cozumel. We were sitting on our balcony waving to the Carnival passengers as the ship departed (they were leaving at 5 p.m., and we weren't leaving until 7 p.m.). Lo and behold, she backs out of the pier and I see a woman (middle-aged) come running down the pier. I turned to my husband and said, "I think she's on the Valor and missed her ship." At that point, she walked over to some of the dock workers. The ship continued to back up (it was completely out of the dock area). The workers got on walkie talkies and after a bit, the Valor stopped. We figured they were going to stop where they were and send her out on a pilot boat. Wrong! They actually came back and docked again! They put out the gangplank for her and all. We were shocked! Everybody on Valor and Freedom were on our balconies clapping! We wondered if she got charged the extra fuel cost on her Sail and Sign card!!! We saw a passenger miss the ship in St. Maarten once (Carnival Imagination) and the ship never stopped. The pilot boat took the guy out to meet the ship and he literally had to jump from the pilot boat onto the moving cruise ship. This lady was very lucky they came back for her, but in all my years of cruising, I've never known a ship to come back to port.

She should have been left.

Heres Video of someone almost missing the Destiny!

That was funny. I wish I took a video of this guy (who turned out to be the on board comedian) literally running up the pier (with luggage) in Ocho Rios on my last cruise. The funny thing is that he already missed the start of the cruise leaving from Miami.

That was funny. I wish I took a video of this guy (who turned out to be the on board comedian) literally running up the pier (with luggage) in Ocho Rios on my last cruise. The funny thing is that he already missed the start of the cruise leaving from Miami.

LOL

it was funny.. he was very lucky! That was very nice of them to get him!

The crowd was funny too

Your right people don't know the reason. So the next time DqAlex if you miss the ship maybe YOU should be left!!! And everything will be settled~~!

If I'm late you right I should be left. The Rules are FOR EVERYONE! I would expect the ship to leave on time. Its very selfish to think you may do whatever you wish. If I speed I expect to get a ticket too. I diden't get mad at the cop in N.C on my way home from a cruise who gave me a speeding ticket. I was speeding.

Not sure if anybody onboard the Valor this past week mentioned this or not. We were onboard Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas, and were "parked" next door to Valor in Cozumel. We were sitting on our balcony waving to the Carnival passengers as the ship departed.

OMG :confused: I hope that wasn't you waving from the balcony in the buff???? Someone took a picture of a couple from the Freedom of the Seas having fun from their balcony and posted it on a website showing how much the fun ships are. I think Cruise Critic removed the thread because it was pretty graphic :D I hope someone puts the Link up so you can see what Im taking about. :p

Fred

OMG :confused: I hope that wasn't you waving from the balcony in the buff???? Someone took a picture of a couple from the Freedom of the Seas having fun from their balcony and posted it on a website showing how much the fun ships are. I think Cruise Critic removed the thread because it was pretty graphic :D I hope someone puts the Link up so you can see what Im taking about. :p

Fred

Nope, that wasn't us!!!LOL We were just sitting on our balcony (fully clothed) waving to the Valor as she pulled away from the dock. It was really odd to see her return for that passenger. Even the crew who were enjoying some down time by their private hot tub area came to the railing and were watching the event unfold.

Actually, I was shocked they came back. The woman didn't even appear to be that distressed. I would have been hysterical. The ship didn't leave early...it left exactly at 5 p.m., which was it's scheduled departure time. The only thing I can think is she got confused with time, since Cozumel is one hour behind.

The Conquest turned around and went back to Grand Cayman on our first cruise in 2005. We had turned and were underway for Cozumel when they slowed the ship and turned around. The captain announced that he had made the decision to go back for a passenger since it wouldn't affect our arrival in Cozumel.

Fred

Fred, the couple having the fun were on the Valor not Freedom of the Seas

That's a strange thing to say when you don't know all of the facts.

Dianne

True. We don't know the facts that contributed to the ladies tardiness.

What we do know for sure is that 3,000+ people were delayed because one, count'em, one person was shopping, drinking, having a bad hair day or couldn't find the dock where the five 110,000 ton ships were parked. :O

Are you sure??? heres the link :D View at your own risk:

Fred

OMG!! People are too funny!! He really was puttin' on a show, had to stand on a chair and everything! One thing he needs to do though is spend some time up on the "adults only" deck and sun those buns!! :eek:

Archived