Just booked the Eurodam for 2009

etmanch

Well I did it.....I have booked my DH and I on the March 2009 sailing on the Eurodam. Can hardly wait for those going in 2008 to report back. I have a very long time to wait.......

Has anyone else booked for 2009 yet? Guess I like to plan way ahead.

Well I did it.....I have booked my DH and I on the March 2009 sailing on the Eurodam. Can hardly wait for those going in 2008 to report back. I have a very long time to wait.......

Not only are we booked but I've also made a 6:30 Pennicle dinner reservations and complete spa package

I have put a deposit on the Eurodam for the Viking World Cruise (25day) from Copenhagen to New York. No guarantee from HAL yet as to whether the Eurodam will repeat her 2008 itinerary in 2009.

I too, am waiting for updates on the Eurodam. It will be a long wait.

I have been waiting to find out about 2009 itinerary's. Where did you find out about the Eurodam? What is the itinerary? I would really appreciate any help, because we are leaving shortly on a HAL cruise, and want to book while on board. Thanks.........Carol

We're booked on the Eurodam for December 2008 and on the Noordam for February 2009. Originally, we were going to go on the Eurodam for a trip out of Amsterdam, but we were afraid that if the ship were delivered late that we would be stuck in Amsterdam without our cruise. Since we book our own air and hotel, that would have been tough.

I'm looking forward to hearing about her from those who are on the inaugural sailings.

Roberta

We're booked on Eurodam for 10/1/08 Canada/New England to Fort Lauderdale (It's great to fly only one way- we live about a half hour from Ft. Lauderdale.

I'll let you know when we return. By then there should be many reports.

Phyllis

I have been waiting to find out about 2009 itinerary's. Where did you find out about the Eurodam? What is the itinerary? I would really appreciate any help, because we are leaving shortly on a HAL cruise, and want to book while on board. Thanks.........Carol

vbcruisers - I just went to the HAL website and viewed the 2009 schedule. My TA then called for me and booked us the VA cabin we wanted. Take a peek at the website before you go so that you have an idea before meeting with the Cruise Consultant. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Carol,

The 2009 itinerary for the Eurodam is not out yet and HAL did not know if the Eurodam would be repeating their 08/04/08 25 day cruise from Copenhagen to New York. However, I put a $100.00 deposit down to hold a cabin just in case.

Valerie

Carol,

The 2009 itinerary for the Eurodam is not out yet and HAL did not know if the Eurodam would be repeating their 08/04/08 25 day cruise from Copenhagen to New York. However, I put a $100.00 deposit down to hold a cabin just in case.

Valerie

Valerie....Thanks for the information. Now I know what I will do! Carol

I am booked on the Eurodam in March 2009. Which cruise are you sailing on?

Has HAL ever had a problem when a ship was not ready as scheduled? Which cruises got canceled?

Sure have. The Rotterdam was late by a few weeks, and the Zuiderdam was also late. The first several cruises of each were canceled, so people who didn't book the maiden voyages were on them by default!

It seems the first ship of a new design is more likely to be late than later ships of the same design.

I don't remember if the Statendam was late. Does anyone? :confused:

Hopefully since this design has been used for other builds first (Queen Victoria for Cunard), the design and scheduling problems will play out on her instead. To look at the Eurodam and the Queen Victoria, they look to be very similar.

Sure have. The Rotterdam was late by a few weeks, and the Zuiderdam was also late. The first several cruises of each were canceled, so people who didn't book the maiden voyages were on them by default!

That is what I was wondering, if those scheduled on the maiden voyage had priority over those booked later.

I am booked on the Eurodam in March 2009. Which cruise are you sailing on?

Hi spc14cs_gal. Looks like we are on the same cruise as you. We will have to get a roll call started closer to our sail date to see who else is joining us :)

Hi spc14cs_gal. Looks like we are on the same cruise as you. We will have to get a roll call started closer to our sail date to see who else is joining us :)

That sounds like a great plan, especially since we are all from Ontario afterall. ;)

We just book Eurodam for March 14th 2009:) Which dates in March are the rest of you sailing? This will be our first HAL. We will have been on Princess 5 times and RCCL 4. Any input on the differences? We are in our early fifties and will be travelling with my 82 year old Dad, and our 15 year old daughter.

Deedee

We just book Eurodam for March 14th 2009:) Which dates in March are the rest of you sailing? This will be our first HAL. We will have been on Princess 5 times and RCCL 4. Any input on the differences? We are in our early fifties and will be travelling with my 82 year old Dad, and our 15 year old daughter.

Deedee

Hi Cricketts. My DH and I are on the March 7th 2009 sailing so we will make sure to keep her ship shape for your voyage :) We have sailed Princess (Coral Princess Panama Canal) and did enjoy however HAL just better fits our needs. We have also sailed on RCCL once. You have made a great choice with HAL and the Eurodam!

Archived