Just back from the Noordam today-10/31

rocks

Oh Pat your pictures are wonderful and it is so great to see so many of my favorite Bar Crew. OH YES, Ronald is the BEST:) We have sailed with Ronald 3 times now and he has always taken such great care of us.

I see that Angie is in the picture of the girls, so Val from New Zealand will be thrilled to see. But I did not see a picture of Bede. I know they move them around every few weeks so they are not always working at the same venue. I saw Romeo with the guys he is another one of my favorites:)

Thank you for the pictures. We were on the Nordam last year for her inaugural cruise out of New York. That was so great in itself, except for the surprise visit from the health dept and another agency.

Your pictures brought back some great memories. We had such a great time with the crew. The ports were wonderful.

Again thanks, and I'm glad to hear someone who enjoyed themselves.

We had a GREAT Meet & Greet CC party! Open bar with hot snacks. No 'white coats', but we had such a GREAT group, we didn't miss them at all!

rocks

What are "white coats"?

Who was your contact at HAL when you set this up?

You really had open bar?

Thanks!

For the kind words about my photos! I truly love having my camera with me wherever I go. Not just for helping to preserve my memories, but after looking for cool things to shoot, when I come back to the 'real world', I find myself looking at things differently-I see more beauty in the same every day things. I just love that feeling! :D

Pat

Oh Pat your pictures are wonderful and it is so great to see so many of my favorite Bar Crew. OH YES, Ronald is the BEST:) We have sailed with Ronald 3 times now and he has always taken such great care of us.

I see that Angie is in the picture of the girls, so Val from New Zealand will be thrilled to see. But I did not see a picture of Bede. I know they move them around every few weeks so they are not always working at the same venue. I saw Romeo with the guys he is another one of my favorites:)

Hi Lisa!

I wish others would include photos of Crew when they post them on this site. I know that you always include some. I know the nice feeling you get when you see a familiar face. I always make a point of taking photos of all Crew that took care of us. After all, you could be on the most beautiful ship, with the best food, visiting wonderful ports, but its the Crew that can make the biggest difference. HA's best asset is their Crew.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has the port address for Crew in NY...I have a photo of Ronald's uncle that I want to send to him. Would hate to send it (from PA) to WA & then have them send it back over to the East Coast.

THANKS in advance! :)

Pat

PS: Lisa, I don't remember meeting Bede-but that doesn't mean she wasn't there. We really only hung out at the Ocean Bar, Crows Nest & the back pool.

Hi Lisa!

I wish others would include photos of Crew when they post them on this site. I know that you always include some. I know the nice feeling you get when you see a familiar face. I always make a point of taking photos of all Crew that took care of us. After all, you could be on the most beautiful ship, with the best food, visiting wonderful ports, but its the Crew that can make the biggest difference. HA's best asset is their Crew.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has the port address for Crew in NY...I have a photo of Ronald's uncle that I want to send to him. Would hate to send it (from PA) to WA & then have them send it back over to the East Coast.

THANKS in advance! :)

Pat

PS: Lisa, I don't remember meeting Bede-but that doesn't mean she wasn't there. We really only hung out at the Ocean Bar, Crows Nest & the back pool.

Pat, I too love taking pictures of the crew as you know. You most likely did not see Bede unless you were in the Explorer's Lounge for your cruise. I have been in communication with another CC member via email that was also on your cruise and did track her down and sent me pictures. If you like I email with Bede and I could probably get Ronald's email address thru her. Besides I would like to hear from Ronald myself:)

You are so right about HAL's Crew, they are truly the BEST!!

Pat, I too love taking pictures of the crew as you know. You most likely did not see Bede unless you were in the Explorer's Lounge for your cruise. I have been in communication with another CC member via email that was also on your cruise and did track her down and sent me pictures. If you like I email with Bede and I could probably get Ronald's email address thru her. Besides I would like to hear from Ronald myself:)

You are so right about HAL's Crew, they are truly the BEST!!

THANKS, Lisa! I sent you an e-mail earlier. Appreciate you help! :)

Pat

THANKS, Lisa! I sent you an e-mail earlier. Appreciate you help! :)

Pat

Yes, I got it, I have a couple different contacts that should be able to supply me with an address so that you will not have to mail it to Seattle to then have it forwarded to the ship. It might take a day or two to hear back but I will let you know.:)

I got the name wrong! :o

The WONDERFUL Filipino band was City Lights (not 4 Seasons)

Pat

They were on the Statendam in May for our Alaska cruise. They were soooo good. Love those old standards. And the woman had a beautiful voice. We went to the Ocean Bar every night to hear them.

Hi Everyone!

Just got back today from the Noordam. What a GREAT time we had & were lucky enough to sail with some of our wonderful friends that we met on our cruise last Oct.

The ship has a GREAT crew, was BEAUTIFUL, and very well taken care of-they rec'd a 100% inspection score while we were on board.

We had cabin 8094 which is on the 'bump-out' on the side & loved it.

If anyone has any questions, ask away.. will try to answer them. Will post a link for photos when I get my 'land-legs' back. ;)

rocks

My wife and I along with 2 other couples were on the same cruise. In fact we had cabin #8062 right down the hall from you. This was our 13th cruise but the first on HAL. I woud certainly rate this one as one of the best. Beautiful ship, great cabin, excellent food and service. Only "negatives" was the couple of days of rain (not HAL's fault), the short time spent in Puerto Rico(shops didn't open until 11am/had to be back on board by 12 pm for departure). Also the onboard shops were somewhat lacking. I also found the atmosphere around the ship to be more reserved. I guess it has a lot to do with the somewhat older crowd and only a handful of kids on board. I did miss hearing the live "Island Music" that you would normally find being played at the main pool area on other caribbean cruises. But none of this detracts from our first experience with HAL.

I look forward to viewing your photos.

Archived